Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points ™

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news to share with the Public Mobile Community. We wanted you all to be the first to know we’re launching a new Rewards program soon - Public Points. 

Joining Public Points is optional for all existing customers. 

Your current rewards will remain the same. You’ll continue to earn in the same ways, and save the same amount. 

Once we launch the new program, all new customers will earn their rewards through Public Points.

If you’re interested in learning more about Public Points, and how you can join, we’ve provided some information below.

Why Public Points?

With Public Points, there are more ways to earn and spend rewards, making the program more flexible than before. Now you can earn and spend points how you want, when you want. You’re in control.

How does Public Points work?

Earn Points

Get rewarded in more ways than ever. Earn points just for paying your bill – for every dollar you spend, you’ll make 5% of it back in points.

Redeem points

We like to keep things simple. 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed - that’s it! 

Start saving

Redeem points on things that matter to you – like money off your bill, free add-ons or the chance to win awesome prizes.

Our Rewards Program has and continues to be our unique super power, by giving our customers the chance to earn even more!

Stay tuned for further details soon!

- Public Mobile Team

282 REPLIES 282

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Well it's a win win for pm's bottom line as the 5% payout is the equivalent of the autopay reward on the $40 bill. Get your referrals in now because this actually is a big loss of incentive to stay loyal to pm to build up your rewards. All this program is ...is the same as telus's home services loyalty program with a slightly higher pay out. 5% instead of 2% with $1 for $1 point redemptions, contests to enter for $5 to $8 and some uninspiring gift cards or account credits to redeem. 

Between the almost carbon copy Community forum design and almost identical loyalty points program its looking more and more like public mobile is just getting absorbed by telus. Well what do you expect when members keep sending customers to contact customer support for every little thing instead of helping teach them how to manage their account and services.

You gotta pay for all those employees somehow.....the end of an era.....🤔

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I'm curious, will be looking forward to more details.  🤔

@Meow wrote:

@computergeek541

OK, but still confusing.

Old customer has $3 loyalty, $2 autopay, $1 Community reward. If old customer does not join new PM point program will it get 5% off for bill payment?

Will New customer get 2 points for autopay and 1 point for Community reward AND 5% off the bill??

No point of discussing this as of now... We have to wait and see what is in the store for us.

It's one program or the other. Existing customers will need to decide which program they prefer, hence it being made optional for existing customers.

@computergeek541

OK, but still confusing.

Old customer has $3 loyalty, $2 autopay, $1 Community reward. If old customer does not join new PM point program will it get 5% off for bill payment?

Will New customer get 2 points for autopay and 1 point for Community reward AND 5% off the bill??

No point of discussing this as of now... We have to wait and see what is in the store for us.

@Meow wrote:

Existing customer will continue to earn rewards as we do now? AND beside that we are going to earn PM points just to pay our bills?

NEW customers will earn ONLY PM points?

Old and New customers can convert points to money and apply it to bill payment?

The current rewards and the new points system will be seperate programs. The new program is replacing the old one, but existing cusfomers can ask to be placed on the new program (but don't have to).

I'm concerned about this announcement and I'm not all that excited.  While existing customers can choose the current rewards program or the new points program, I'm specifically looking at how points can be used to enter draws for prizes. Only a very small percentage of people will win while the rest of the customers who have entered will end up spending some points but receiving nothing in return.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Wording is Not that clear.

>>>>>>>>>>

Your current rewards will remain the same. You’ll continue to earn in the same ways, and save the same amount. 

Once we launch the new program, all new customers will earn their rewards through Public Points.

>>>>>>>>>

Existing customer will continue to earn rewards as we do now? AND beside that we are going to earn PM points just to pay our bills?

NEW customers will earn ONLY PM points?

Old and New customers can convert points to money and apply it to bill payment?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Interesting development. At first glance, an earn rate of 5% back is better than most cashback cards, so there is that at least. But as always, the devil can be in the details. Looking forward to hearing more.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks @J_PM .  It sounds exciting.    The fact that there was no major promotion/things happened last year really made me worry about the future of PM.  But with the new PM point system, I guess we are good for now  🙂

But, I do have couple questions :

1. Community and other reward will then be points instead of dollar value?   So, the current community reward $15, $10, $5, $2, $1 will becomes 15, 10, 5, 2, 1 points ?  Friend Referral will be 1 point per referral per month?
  2. Can points be used for something other than PM service?  can it be used to buy phones?  
  3. You will have a better guarding of the system to stop people from gaming the new point system?

thanks

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's a smart addition, and we'll keenly look forward to more details.  ❤️

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Well I like the sound of that! More community engagement, something to get excited about. A program that can bring the community together and that everyone feels they can participate in without needing lightning hands, superior computer skills and a whole lotta time! Love it!!

I'm excited to hear more about it......lol....and no CSA needed to solve your problems!!😆

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why?

Need Help? Let's chat.