Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points Rewards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are happy to announce the launch of Public Points! 

Starting on January 25, 2022, Public Mobile customers who activate, will automatically be part of Public Points. This means that customers who activated prior to January 25, 2022 will remain on old Public Rewards without any change to the way or amount earned. Don’t worry, these customers can still join Public Points. 

Jade_S_0-1643120205986.png

What is Public Points? 

Public Points is our newly improved rewards program. Sure, we loved Public Rewards, but in our endless pursuit of making things better for our customers, we’ve given it a makeover and made it more flexible than before. 

With Public Points you can:

• Earn points. Public Points are so easy to earn, you’ll be rich in no time.
  • Redeem points. We make redeeming points simple. 1 point earned = 1 dollar when redeemed.  
  • Start saving. Redeem points on things that matter to you - like money off your bill, free add-ons, or the chance to win awesome prizes. 
  • Join whenever you want. Learn more here

Ways to earn Public Points:

With Public Points, earning points is so easy, you  can do it just by saying, "I'm in." And that's actually one of the ways you can earn points – by joining Public Points. There are a lot of other ways you can earn too:

Reward

Points Earned

How do I earn it?

When do I receive it?

One-time

Welcome Present

5 points

As a little welcome present for joining Public Points, we’ll give you 5 points.

Your Welcome Present will be added after we’ve set up your profile, you’ve signed into My Rewards, and you’ve accepted the Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Perks

1 point for every month with Public

As if welcome points didn't sound nice enough, you'll also earn 1 point for every month you've been with Public Mobile

Automatically added after you’ve joined Public Points, and we’ve set up your profile on My Rewards.

Reoccurring

Points Back

5% back for every dollar spent

Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points. Spend away!

Within 48 hours of your spend

Anniversary Points

10 points

For every twelve months you stay with us, you’ll earn 10 points. Think of it like an anniversary present!

Note: time spent in suspend status is still counted towards your Anniversary.

On your Anniversary date

Give Back

1-20 points

Earn up to 20 points every 30 days by asking questions, helping others and voicing your opinion on the Public Mobile Community.

Community standings are released the first week of the following month, and Give Back points are added within 48 hours. 

Refer-a-Friend

1 point every 30 days / active friend you referred

Refer a friend to Public Mobile, and you’ll receive one point for every 30 days your friend stays with us. 

Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they use your referral code.

Note: your referral code can be found on your My Rewards homepage. 

Every 30 days from your renewal date

Ways to redeem Public Points:

Unlike some other rewards programs, there isn’t a specific way or time limit to cash-in yourpoints. When and how you redeem your points is entirely up to you! Just keep in mind that 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. Really, that’s it!

Rewards include: 

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

Add Some Extras

Varies

We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming? Add-on a little. Long distance minutes? Add-on some more. Extra data? Add-on a whole lot! It’s entirely up to you..

Add-ons will be added immediately. 

In rare cases, it may take a few hours to appear in your account. 

If you haven’t received your add-on, please contact us for support. 

Jackpot

1 point

Enter our contests for a chance to win some exciting prizes. Contest details vary, but we'll send you an email with all the details whenever we launch new ones.

Contest winners will be contacted soon after contests close. 

Rewards Calculator 

Wonder how many  Public Points you could be raking in? Check outour rewards calculator. This tool will compare your old Public Rewards against Public Points. Simply input your information, and watch your points pile up! 

Note: this tool is only for estimation purposes. There may be inaccuracies between the estimated amount and your actual Public Points earning amount  

How to access Rewards:

My Rewards is your new home for all things rewards - all your points are kept in one neat, little place. Simply sign in with your My Account information to start earning and spending points. 

Do you have more questions about Public Points? Check out these FAQs here 

Thank you Community for your support! Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Happy earning! 

- Public Mobile Team

297 REPLIES 297

paprika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

‏‏‎ ‎

Oh, no, not at all! Just to save a buck...

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@paprika  Pretty much 😃

paprika

‏‏‎ ‎

HI @painterschoice   Your probably still on the old reward system. There is problem with the My Reward page tonight for those people who are on the old reward system.  So, if you see "Oops, something wrong" message, then yes, you are on the old system.  Just need to wait for PM to fix it and you can check your reward.

painterschoice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Excel is available online for free just like word

painterschoice

I save $1 for loyalty, $1 for auto pay and $2 for referrals for a total of $4/ month on my bill automatically. If I signed up for the new system I would lose $1 for auto pay as that is not part of the new system and I would have to apply my points it would not be automatic. As far as I can see this is no improvement to the system that was in place already. I could also get credits for helping people on this site, not sure how that part worked on the old system but it was also automatic as far as I can remember. Again no improvement for me anyhow... not changing!

painterschoice

So Jade, why is it that I never signed up for this new point system and yet when I go to check on my rewards it sends me to this new sign in page (even though I am already signed in and then it doesn't except my sign in info for my account even though I am already signed in with my account. So effectively you have cut me off from checking my rewards from my account or even from the new rewards page as I can not sign in. What is up with that?

Paul

@publicsanswers 

I cannot see my old reward and I got the same Oops screen.  I guess it is a system issue.  So, sit back and try again later tonight

@publicsanswers  are you using this link:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards

If fails, try 
1. clear cache and restart all your browser windows

2. use another browser (Edge/Chrome/Firefox)

3. use Incognito mode

4. Try on another device

publicsanswers

I have not been able to sign in to the new points program, when I click on the link it brings me to the information page but not to the sig in page?

h4xnoodle

all this new stuff has been down for me the whole time anyways so I can't even look at it. also explains why my phone bill wasn't getting reduced by $2 anymore

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately I am hoping that I don't really need add ons and don't overuse my data, etc but at least it is there if needed.

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure if that would work for my typical use, but I will definitely keep it in mind.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

There is one slight advantage if you activate an occasional use data plan taking advantage of stacking promos at Xmas time and activation bundle discounts at CCS and if you intend to maximize the ability to suspend your new data plan account the maximum 89/90 days 3 times per year anniversary points that are not affected by suspensions over 60 days like loyalty points are can gain a financial advantage. I think I posted it in this thread? Or tagged it? One or the other...

Edit:

Look at that...I did tag it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@JL9   the one good thing is that add-on is mostly 33% cheaper if you redeem with points.   And if you like get bet 1 point for great rewards like a brand new phone...  🙂

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Great thanks for the clarification! So then it seems to be true that regardless of which angle you run with the new rewards program pales in comparison to the old one.

@JL9 wrote:

Oh really?!? **bleep**, I didn't realize that.

Really .. no joke

@JL9 wrote:

get 1 point for every month as a customer AND 10 points for each year annuversary? So would that be 12 points for 12 months + 10 points for hitting the year, so potentially 22 points each year you are an active customer?

NOT TRUE... the 1 point for each month is only the one time conversion bonus.  ONE TIME

After you converted, you get 10 points for hitting the anniversary.. 10 points each year only

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JL9    You will only get 10 points on your one year anniversary which replaces the loyalty $1 reward and nope you don't get an additional 12 points.  For existing customers who decide to switch to the new points system, PM will give them an one time 1 point for each month that they've been with PM. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 wrote:

and sorry just opened that excel sheet for the rewards calculator. I was under the impression that you still get the $2 off a month for autopay is that not the case if you are on the new reward system?

@JL9 - correct, no more Autopay on the new rewards system. bummer

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Catalogue

JL9
Mayor / Maire

and sorry just opened that excel sheet for the rewards calculator. I was under the impression that you still get the $2 off a month for autopay is that not the case if you are on the new reward system?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Just to clarify with this points system. You get 1 point for every month as a customer AND 10 points for each year annuversary? So would that be 12 points for 12 months + 10 points for hitting the year, so potentially 22 points each year you are an active customer?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

In theory.....how do you think members have learned how stuff works around here? By testing, trying, experimenting, posting how to threads etc...and I certainly don't rely on pm employees for any inside knowledge. I thought you might want to bump up your community points to make up for losing loyalty and autopay rewards by becoming the go to @BEER points guy.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

Now I need @BEER to explain how this is done? Please we are in the dark as to how it all works? Can you explain with a little more detail? Man I have never needed @BEER as badly as I do now to explain how points work?!!

It has been explained in detail by @ Jade_S  --- but you already know this - don't you.

Public Mobile

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

Now I need @BEER to explain how this is done? Please we are in the dark as to how it all works? Can you explain with a little more detail? Man I have never needed @BEER as badly as I do now to explain how points work?!!

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BearFBI wrote:

@darlicious Lol. You should work in the Guinness marketing department.

As for the points, you have to contact customer support to apply them ??? What the heck. This surely has to be temporary as that is just ridiculous. Was considering switching one of my accounts over but not anymore that's for sure. 

No ....... no need to contact customer support .....easy to do it yourself from the rewards page.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

No not worth it no matter how much the discount. After 5 years the difference in loyalty alone is considerable. Anniversary points=10 pts ($10) per year vs $60 per year with rewards. 10 points= 1gb data add on vs $60=4×$15/1gb data add ons.  No comparison.

BearFBI

@darlicious Lol. You should work in the Guinness marketing department.

As for the points, you have to contact customer support to apply them ??? What the heck. This surely has to be temporary as that is just ridiculous. Was considering switching one of my accounts over but not anymore that's for sure. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

You can buy the 1GB data add on like usual for $15. The 10 point 1GB data add on is a perk only available for redemption by points program members. Redemptions must be done thru customer support....which kind of defeats the purpose of public mobile being a DIY service as the points program now requires the use of a customer support agent to redeem points? It can take up to 48 hours for your requested redemption to be added to your account.

Maybe if we have a green @BEER for St. Patrick's Day they can regale us with their stories and tales of their experience with redemptions. Maybe they will throw in a limerick or two?

Here I'll get you started....

There once was a member named @BEER ,

Who after mistakenly switching to points posted without fear.

We could certainly tell,

They were mad as hell,

But after Guinness they were full of irish cheer!

BearFBI

Yeah but I'm not sure if it's in the addon section of self serve. You might only be able to buy it with points from the point catalog I think ?

Need Help? Let's chat.