Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points Rewards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are happy to announce the launch of Public Points! 

Starting on January 25, 2022, Public Mobile customers who activate, will automatically be part of Public Points. This means that customers who activated prior to January 25, 2022 will remain on old Public Rewards without any change to the way or amount earned. Don’t worry, these customers can still join Public Points. 

Jade_S_0-1643120205986.png

What is Public Points? 

Public Points is our newly improved rewards program. Sure, we loved Public Rewards, but in our endless pursuit of making things better for our customers, we’ve given it a makeover and made it more flexible than before. 

With Public Points you can:

• Earn points. Public Points are so easy to earn, you’ll be rich in no time.
  • Redeem points. We make redeeming points simple. 1 point earned = 1 dollar when redeemed.  
  • Start saving. Redeem points on things that matter to you - like money off your bill, free add-ons, or the chance to win awesome prizes. 
  • Join whenever you want. Learn more here

Ways to earn Public Points:

With Public Points, earning points is so easy, you  can do it just by saying, "I'm in." And that's actually one of the ways you can earn points – by joining Public Points. There are a lot of other ways you can earn too:

Reward

Points Earned

How do I earn it?

When do I receive it?

One-time

Welcome Present

5 points

As a little welcome present for joining Public Points, we’ll give you 5 points.

Your Welcome Present will be added after we’ve set up your profile, you’ve signed into My Rewards, and you’ve accepted the Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Perks

1 point for every month with Public

As if welcome points didn't sound nice enough, you'll also earn 1 point for every month you've been with Public Mobile

Automatically added after you’ve joined Public Points, and we’ve set up your profile on My Rewards.

Reoccurring

Points Back

5% back for every dollar spent

Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points. Spend away!

Within 48 hours of your spend

Anniversary Points

10 points

For every twelve months you stay with us, you’ll earn 10 points. Think of it like an anniversary present!

Note: time spent in suspend status is still counted towards your Anniversary.

On your Anniversary date

Give Back

1-20 points

Earn up to 20 points every 30 days by asking questions, helping others and voicing your opinion on the Public Mobile Community.

Community standings are released the first week of the following month, and Give Back points are added within 48 hours. 

Refer-a-Friend

1 point every 30 days / active friend you referred

Refer a friend to Public Mobile, and you’ll receive one point for every 30 days your friend stays with us. 

Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they use your referral code.

Note: your referral code can be found on your My Rewards homepage. 

Every 30 days from your renewal date

Ways to redeem Public Points:

Unlike some other rewards programs, there isn’t a specific way or time limit to cash-in yourpoints. When and how you redeem your points is entirely up to you! Just keep in mind that 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. Really, that’s it!

Rewards include: 

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

Add Some Extras

Varies

We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming? Add-on a little. Long distance minutes? Add-on some more. Extra data? Add-on a whole lot! It’s entirely up to you..

Add-ons will be added immediately. 

In rare cases, it may take a few hours to appear in your account. 

If you haven’t received your add-on, please contact us for support. 

Jackpot

1 point

Enter our contests for a chance to win some exciting prizes. Contest details vary, but we'll send you an email with all the details whenever we launch new ones.

Contest winners will be contacted soon after contests close. 

Rewards Calculator 

Wonder how many  Public Points you could be raking in? Check outour rewards calculator. This tool will compare your old Public Rewards against Public Points. Simply input your information, and watch your points pile up! 

Note: this tool is only for estimation purposes. There may be inaccuracies between the estimated amount and your actual Public Points earning amount  

How to access Rewards:

My Rewards is your new home for all things rewards - all your points are kept in one neat, little place. Simply sign in with your My Account information to start earning and spending points. 

Do you have more questions about Public Points? Check out these FAQs here 

Thank you Community for your support! Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Happy earning! 

- Public Mobile Team

297 REPLIES 297

@BearFBI wrote:

Is the 10 point 1GB addon avaliable in the add-ons section  for public point users ? Can you buy it with real money and not have to wait to accumulate points ? 

@BearFBI  I see it there:    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Catalogue

esjliv_0-1647549509894.png

I cannot tell you from experience, but I see no reason why you cannot buy it will real money either. The option to add funds and buy it with $'s should definitely be available...how else would PM continue to take all your $s. 🙂

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is the 10 point 1GB addon avaliable in the add-ons section  for public point users ? Can you buy it with real money and not have to wait to accumulate points ? 

HI @terrahughes   NO worry, this happens  🙂

Just in case you need password reset in the future:    Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Forgot log in information
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

terrahughes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks everyone... It was stupidity on my part... Forgot I changed my password lol, I have it autosaved and forgot what I changed it too

@terrahughes If you have an active account on a Public Mobile Plan, your My Account credentials should allow access. Please let us know if you are still unable to sign into Rewards. 

Jade 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@olav1 

Please use the same log-in credentials as "My Account" 

Jade_S_0-1647352487576.png

Also, you must be registered for credentials to grant you access. Please review this Help Article for steps to register. 

Thanks!

Jade

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Namu 

There are multiple ways you can earn Public Points. Check out this link for more information. Watch your points pile up, and redeem them by choosing Rewards from our catalogue😀

These add-ons should not be impacted in switching over to Public Points - @InternM001

@olav1 wrote:

When I first registered for the rewards, I had a different password for it.  Since then I, I made them the same.

There is no registration for the rewards page (there's no option for it). It's the same login as the Self Serve account.   Even the create account option/Reigsiter Now button on the rewards site is a link to make a Self Serve account.  There couldn't have been two different password as it's the same account. I don't doubt that there were issues logging in, but there isn't any way that seperate logins could have been made.

@olav1 as far as we know, the username and  password between the two sites always sync.  But,  important part is it is working for you with a single username/password now

olav1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I first registered for the rewards, I had a different password for it.  Since then I, I made them the same.

@olav1 wrote:

The sign-in procedure requires you to actually register yourself first meaning setting up your access.  Once this is done, you can log-in to your rewards.

So in fact, you will have 2 log-in;  one for your PM account, and another for your rewards.

Please note that this information isn't correct.  A seperate rewards/points login doesn't need to be created.  While the customer needs to log in seperately for each, but it's the same login credentials. 

olav1

The sign-in procedure requires you to actually register yourself first meaning setting up your access.  Once this is done, you can log-in to your rewards.

So in fact, you will have 2 log-in;  one for your PM account, and another for your rewards.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@terrahughes 

Where are you trying to sign in?

You can click on the rewards link on your overview page where the rewards used to be or the weird arrow drop down menu at the top right corner of the self serve log in page.

You can go to the main pm webpage and click on the menu>>sign in>> account or rewards? They all bring you here....

https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&scope=openid&client_id=20...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

terrahughes

It would be great if a person was able to sign in to see their rewards, I've tried to sign in using my account info, says info is not valid (even though I can sign into self serve without a problem), tried registering with my cell number (incase I wasn't registered to sign in to see my rewards)... says my number isn't valid when I know it is... so what information exactly does a person use to sign in to see their rewards???

@darlicious wrote:

@Double_J 

Do not join the points program. Stay with the rewards program. Your referral will get a $10 bonus credit. You will get a $1 reward  monthly for as long as they stay with pm. They will be on the points program once they sign up.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

That’s the mistake I made & now all my 30 day plan points are gone that helped me pay my plan after all these years! PM no longer works for me this way! 😔 I wish I had of been smart enough to not mess with it! I wanted to keep my old rewards program.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Double_J 

Do not join the points program. Stay with the rewards program. Your referral will get a $10 bonus credit. You will get a $1 reward  monthly for as long as they stay with pm. They will be on the points program once they sign up.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Double_J wrote:

I want to stay on the old reward system.

I want to refer a friend.  It mentions I would get a $10 bonus and rewards and the new customer would get $10 off.

If I want to stay on the old system and refer a friend what would my bonus be?  Would I get the extra $1 off or would I get points?

Also, if I get points, would my previous referrals ($1 off per referral) still remain?

You won't get $10. Your friend gets that.  With the old system, you get a $1 reward for referring your friend.  On the new system, you'd get 1 point but don't change to the new system. It's no good but if you do change, you'll get 1 point instead for the old referrals.

Double_J

I want to stay on the old reward system.

I want to refer a friend.  It mentions I would get a $10 bonus and rewards and the new customer would get $10 off.

If I want to stay on the old system and refer a friend what would my bonus be?  Would I get the extra $1 off or would I get points?

Also, if I get points, would my previous referrals ($1 off per referral) still remain?

@s_shard Thank you for your feedback! 

@yuma2021 Fantastic Chart! 

Joining Public Points is optional😊. Our focus is to improve the new Rewards plan, rather than force people over. No plans to migrate customers into the new program. 

Thanks @J_PM  for confirming

@iamnightowl  Upgrading your plan will not impact your current reward plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@InternM001 : There are Rewards. There are Points. There are promo bonuses. There are gifts.

If you want to keep getting Rewards then don't opt-in or Join the Points system.

If you want to keep getting Points then don't opt-out.

Promo bonuses are like the flash sale 2gb data.

Gifts are like the Xmas gifts of the last few years.

Promo bonuses could be lost by plan changes.

Nothing much of anything will affect the gifts.

InternM001

@hTideGnow Thanks! I wasn’t sure what might happen. 

InternM001

@darlicious I logged into rewards but I didn’t click on anything related to the points since I didn’t know what I’d lose even by accident. So I’m guessing that signing up for rewards points will exclude me from future Christmas rewards deletes your bonus rewards? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@InternM001 

Don't even click on option to check out the points program....its just asking for trouble. If you plan on staying with pm then you will eventually being losing $50+in rewards every year if you switch to the points program.

@InternM001 wrote:

Can we still keep our old (unused) rewards on account if we enroll in the rewards points program? I have rewards such as the bonus 2GBs of data from Christmas along with 500 international call minutes which I am worried will be cancelled if I sign up. I also still have the bonus 3GB of bonus data from when I originally signed up with Public over a year ago. If I cannot keep these old (unused) rewards then I won't enroll in the rewards points program

@InternM001   NO, there is not trying the new system and keep your old one.  Once you switched to the new system you are there.  

Some members switched by mistake and requested the move back and confirmed they cannot

For us who are on the old system, it is much better in terms or saving.  So, please stay 🙂

@InternM001 wrote:

Can we still keep our old (unused) rewards on account if we enroll in the rewards points program? I have rewards such as the bonus 2GBs of data from Christmas along with 500 international call minutes which I am worried will be cancelled if I sign up. I also still have the bonus 3GB of bonus data from when I originally signed up with Public over a year ago. If I cannot keep these old (unused) rewards then I won't enroll in the rewards points program

You have choose one program or the other.  Since you're on the old program, I highly recommend that you don't swtich over. The math is there to justify the switch.  

In additional, giveaway add-ons such as free long dsitance minutes and free data aren't rewards and aren't part of any rewards or points program.

Need Help? Let's chat.