Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points Rewards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are happy to announce the launch of Public Points! 

Starting on January 25, 2022, Public Mobile customers who activate, will automatically be part of Public Points. This means that customers who activated prior to January 25, 2022 will remain on old Public Rewards without any change to the way or amount earned. Don’t worry, these customers can still join Public Points. 

Jade_S_0-1643120205986.png

What is Public Points? 

Public Points is our newly improved rewards program. Sure, we loved Public Rewards, but in our endless pursuit of making things better for our customers, we’ve given it a makeover and made it more flexible than before. 

With Public Points you can:

• Earn points. Public Points are so easy to earn, you’ll be rich in no time.
  • Redeem points. We make redeeming points simple. 1 point earned = 1 dollar when redeemed.  
  • Start saving. Redeem points on things that matter to you - like money off your bill, free add-ons, or the chance to win awesome prizes. 
  • Join whenever you want. Learn more here

Ways to earn Public Points:

With Public Points, earning points is so easy, you  can do it just by saying, "I'm in." And that's actually one of the ways you can earn points – by joining Public Points. There are a lot of other ways you can earn too:

Reward

Points Earned

How do I earn it?

When do I receive it?

One-time

Welcome Present

5 points

As a little welcome present for joining Public Points, we’ll give you 5 points.

Your Welcome Present will be added after we’ve set up your profile, you’ve signed into My Rewards, and you’ve accepted the Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Perks

1 point for every month with Public

As if welcome points didn't sound nice enough, you'll also earn 1 point for every month you've been with Public Mobile

Automatically added after you’ve joined Public Points, and we’ve set up your profile on My Rewards.

Reoccurring

Points Back

5% back for every dollar spent

Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points. Spend away!

Within 48 hours of your spend

Anniversary Points

10 points

For every twelve months you stay with us, you’ll earn 10 points. Think of it like an anniversary present!

Note: time spent in suspend status is still counted towards your Anniversary.

On your Anniversary date

Give Back

1-20 points

Earn up to 20 points every 30 days by asking questions, helping others and voicing your opinion on the Public Mobile Community.

Community standings are released the first week of the following month, and Give Back points are added within 48 hours. 

Refer-a-Friend

1 point every 30 days / active friend you referred

Refer a friend to Public Mobile, and you’ll receive one point for every 30 days your friend stays with us. 

Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they use your referral code.

Note: your referral code can be found on your My Rewards homepage. 

Every 30 days from your renewal date

Ways to redeem Public Points:

Unlike some other rewards programs, there isn’t a specific way or time limit to cash-in yourpoints. When and how you redeem your points is entirely up to you! Just keep in mind that 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. Really, that’s it!

Rewards include: 

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

Add Some Extras

Varies

We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming? Add-on a little. Long distance minutes? Add-on some more. Extra data? Add-on a whole lot! It’s entirely up to you..

Add-ons will be added immediately. 

In rare cases, it may take a few hours to appear in your account. 

If you haven’t received your add-on, please contact us for support. 

Jackpot

1 point

Enter our contests for a chance to win some exciting prizes. Contest details vary, but we'll send you an email with all the details whenever we launch new ones.

Contest winners will be contacted soon after contests close. 

Rewards Calculator 

Wonder how many  Public Points you could be raking in? Check outour rewards calculator. This tool will compare your old Public Rewards against Public Points. Simply input your information, and watch your points pile up! 

Note: this tool is only for estimation purposes. There may be inaccuracies between the estimated amount and your actual Public Points earning amount  

How to access Rewards:

My Rewards is your new home for all things rewards - all your points are kept in one neat, little place. Simply sign in with your My Account information to start earning and spending points. 

Do you have more questions about Public Points? Check out these FAQs here 

Thank you Community for your support! Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Happy earning! 

- Public Mobile Team

297 REPLIES 297

I was inputting some numbers into the calculator and don't see this as an improvement, but rather a business decision.  Unfortunately, this calculation spreadsheet stops at the 2 year point and fails to show how the longer you've been a customer, the worse off you are off you can be on the new points program.  The way that thngs are set up, someone swtiching to the new program will see a jump in the amount of points received in the first year but then often a drastic decline in following years.  I played with a bunch of real account reward numbers and some fictional numbers, and I found extremely few cases in which customers do better on the new program at the 2 year mark.  And as I said earlier, the calculator fails to show how it's possible that even if someone would be better off at 2 years, that customer could potentially be much worse off after that.

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to know! I hope they don't switch us all over but they may at some point in the future.

@helenhelen the same friend referral is on the new system as well, just paid in Points and not $ , but same value

we still get the loyalty bonus on old system 

helenhelen

I definitely think it is worse than the old system so am not opting in. Does this mean we no longer get $1 credit each month in rewards points if we refer people, or is that still in effect for those of us on the old system?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@killer23d so, did you actually clicked join?

I got that same page when I first login this morning except it errored out.  I tried 5 min later than it showed my old reward points without issue.  But I never got that words saying it was converting me. I guess when I was first on, the site just not fully up.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@killer23d 

You are taking this quite well....I would be freaking out right now. I didnt even want to log in this morning for fear of accidently signing up!

So....what happens when you click on "catalogue"?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I click on My Reward link, this is what I get. They built a brand new reward portal for this. I can no longer see the old page where all the rewards I have accumulated.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@killer23d : So does the Join button disappear? Care to provide some screenshots of the changed stuff? Blank out personal info of course.

killer23d

The new reward page says it takes about 4 days and I will be notified when completed, I think it's a manual migration on their end.

killer23d

Thanks! I used the virtual chat and it gave me an option to send PM so I've submitted screenshot for the ticket submission error I was getting.

BF-47
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@killer23d   Did the switching to Public Point instantly done?  or you clicked and it said something like it will message you when migration completed?

Please come back and update us if you can move back!!

killer23d

@J_PMI've accidentally joined the new program without realizing I can keep the old program. I've sent a PM to the CS_Agent because I am unable to submit a ticket for some reason. Anyways, I hope you guys can cancel my application and keep me with the old program.

@pkaraa wrote:

The difference is 10 points at every anniversary and points on dollars paid every month.

Rest seems the same.

Hi @pkaraa  Difference is MORE than 10 points at every anniversary

If you are even a 1 years customer, now you get $1 off every month from loyalty, $12   a year

new system.  New system: 10 points = $10

But 2nd year, you get $2 /month = $25 a year.     New System: 10 points = $10

So the difference will be a lot !!

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@6500K wrote:

Been here for 3.5 years and I used the calculator.  It tells me I should stay with the old points because I save $50 more over a period of 2 years as opposed to moving to the new point system.  The new point system should be good for new customers, but maybe a "rethink" for those who have been here for a few years.

The difference is 10 points at every anniversary and points on dollars paid every month.

Rest seems the same.

Been here for 3.5 years and I used the calculator.  It tells me I should stay with the old points because I save $50 more over a period of 2 years as opposed to moving to the new point system.  The new point system should be good for new customers, but maybe a "rethink" for those who have been here for a few years.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM  - I likely the Rewards Calculator! 

Which, made me look at how to attach a file to a post....I can't seem to see this option for us members.

Does anyone know, Is there one?

BF-47

@J_PM 

Great job. But I imagine the resist to change will appear...or actually has. Just new here today and have been a customer for quite awhile. I have worked hard with referrals over the year or two, of which benefits existing customers and Public Mobile. 

Just asking to to see what the new referral in My Rewards page  is supposed to reflect?

I have 2 accounts with referrals and the old way was to show current referrals and some that might be in arrears or suspended which was confusing. 

The new referral lists on both of my accounts go like this. 

$11 in rewards. 

Numbers paid out in this cycle lists 21 numbers. 

That is confusing.

$11 or $21. I know $21 is incorrect but the fact they show and what the title is. 

That is confusing. 

The 21 numbers, 11 are current, 4 I know I lost, and the last 6 are not my referrals and should not be associated with my account. 

This needs to be refined or changed. 

My question. 

As per @darlicious says that there will be detail of each number such as current, suspended, ported out or account closed or perhaps some other terminology, so what should we expect from that page? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And yet, nobody else offers 4 levels of "reward". I came here for a rate based on my most recent years usage. Then I learned all about what this place offers and changed down to the $10 plan and use add-ons. Seems I'm a low-usage customer so that works. Sometimes I run out of texts. There are workarounds.

Nobody but Koodo offer add-ons that stay on the account until consumed. I've looked at all the other offerings and with my usage and new habits...nothing gets close.

darkomega

@LeePublic wrote:

This. I was attracted to PM because of a great promo, and the rewards reduction in my cellphone bill. If I wasn't a PM customer right now and looked at these new changes, I would've stuck with my previous provider, Lucky Mobile.

We think alike, I came for a promo, I'm staying because of the savings, those ever vanish for us and it's back to lucky for me unless they match what lucky offers with the slowed data after your cap.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This. I was attracted to PM because of a great promo, and the rewards reduction in my cellphone bill. If I wasn't a PM customer right now and looked at these new changes, I would've stuck with my previous provider, Lucky Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jazzvibe : Picture a whole crowded room yelling out YES!!! It was an erroneous email. Ignore it. Nothing has changed for you.

Jazzvibe

I just received an email that thanking me for switching to our new Public Points™ rewards program, which I did not do so. I thought this was optional. Is anyone else getting the same email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Yummy. Tahiti had already acknowledged my reply to that question and also put the logic together from the spreadsheet to answer my query.

What's it cost to fly to and stay in Tahiti these days? 🙂

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous   Loyalty: 10 points each anniversary; no increases with time is my understanding

It looks like it 😞 Based on formula PM used for 2nd year it is only $10/year no matter how many years you are with PM.

Yummy_0-1643156885271.png

@Tahiti wrote:

Question:

1.  where is the Rewards Calculator?

Attached to the initial post. 'Download Rewards Calculator_PP xlsx.xlsx' and play around.

happycamper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Or....what if you can only apply a maximum of $15 of points against your phone bill...instead of the $30 or more you may have earned through loyalty and referrals???

@hTideGnow wrote:

@J_PM wrote:

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

HI @J_PM   So, in this new Point system, people have to collect 15 points before they can use it towards their bill payment?   So, I cannot spent 14 points for $14 ?  

And do I have to spend in multiple of $15 only?  ie, $15, $30, $45?

If my plan is $25 and I have 30 points, I have a choice to spend just 15 points for $15 off or 30 points for $30 off?   

If I spent 30 points for $30, the $5 will be left as Available Fund as before?

Or ....what if you are limited to a maximum application of points of $15 per month against your bill of say $40....and you have to pay the rest even though during the month you have earned say....$40 or more through loyalty, referrals and community service????

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Public Mobile has to do what it's got to do to stay around while unfortunate the changes to the loyalty and autopay rewards had to be so drastic when you run the numbers its perfectly understandable. With the savings to be realized pm can certainly afford to throw an extra c-note into the community rewards pot so pm can properly recognize all of the hard working volunteers we have in the community that help hold this place together when the bandaids run out!

BTW....the link to the points catalogue in the help pages article doesn't work.

Anyone wanting a speculative explanation of the numbers and why the change to pm's rewards program was inevitable or bust can read below....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points/m-p/778302/hi...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points/m-p/778469/hi...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darkomega

I don't see public mobile lasting much longer with this direction unless the end goal is to drive up the ARPU so that they can match feature parity with the other flanker brands, like unlimited data finally, otherwise, there is no advantage to staying here really for any new customers, and most will flock to lucky and the other flanker brands for the features they want and need.

@computergeek541 wrote:

but I see part of the issue here being that Public Mobile is making the program worse for some new customers. 

To be honest , all Tier 3 providers pretty much have the same price.   PM has been doing well for the $2 Autopay discount, it becomes $2 cheaper for all plans compare with Lucky and Chatr.     Don't tell new customers about Community reward or friends referral, most of them don't care as they won't be working "part time" for PM as support (Community) or sales (referral)

Yes, there is still the 5%, but it doesn't sound as attractive as the $2 , especially for those who want to activate a $15 or $25 plan

So, PM is now as good (or as bad) as Chatr and Lucky after this change.

Need Help? Let's chat.