Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Information required before sending a message

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

Due to a high volume of messages being received, we are experiencing some delays in getting back to you. In order for us to be more efficient, we would like to call out a few things that can help us, help you.

1) If you recently ported your phone number and you are experiencing mixed services/porting issues – send us a private message and please include your Public Mobile phone # (if applicable), the number you wish to port, as well as the account number associated to your old service provider

2) If you have a failed activation, but you have been charged, please include when private messaging us - your SIM card number, name and email address used when activating.

During your activation, if you have not been charged, please clear your cookies/cache and try again, or use a new browser. Should you require further assistance, please send a private message to one of the moderators.

3) If your plan change has failed, or you are experiencing difficulty changing your plan, please send a private message including your Public Mobile phone number, account number and desired plan

4) If you are missing referral rewards, please send a private message including your phone number as well as the numbers you referred.

We are working hard to assist you and others, and we want to make certain in doing so that we`re offering you an enjoyable experience with Public Mobile.

Regards,

Your Mod team 🙂

Here is how to send a moderator a private message. 

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
56 REPLIES 56

adams21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey there,

I ordered my 3 SIM cards on Thursday the 10th and received all the confirmation emails. It's still not here and I am worried it's not going to show up before Friday.
What should I do?

jobella

Thanks for the response!

So if I order a phone online (i.e. ZTE Axon 7 or OnePlus 3 which are not sold in stores) I cannot be sure that it will work with Public?

I have been a Public customer for a very long time and my SIM card is quite old and doesn't break down to nano size which I heard is the new norm.

Best

J

Tra

edited

vn33
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jobella wrote:

Hi,

I am writing to you today as I can't seem to find the link to post my question regarding IMEI number and new phone. I apologize if you are not the right contact person and would appreciate it if you can forward the question to the person that can help me.

I am ready to purchase a new phone but am very confused with the "IMEI" number?

I was thinking of purchasing a new unblocked phone online so I don't see how I can test the phones IMEI number?

I was also wondering what I should do if the phone requires a nano-sim card.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Best

Joanna

@jobella The usual way for you to retrieve the IMEI number is to enter "*#06#" (without the " quotes) on your phone's dial pad. This means you need to have the phone physically.

As for the SIM size, the SIM you receive from PM includes all three sizes. You just break it out from the plastic card to the size you need.

jobella

Hi,

I am writing to you today as I can't seem to find the link to post my question regarding IMEI number and new phone. I apologize if you are not the right contact person and would appreciate it if you can forward the question to the person that can help me.

I am ready to purchase a new phone but am very confused with the "IMEI" number?

I was thinking of purchasing a new unblocked phone online so I don't see how I can test the phones IMEI number?

I was also wondering what I should do if the phone requires a nano-sim card.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Best

Joanna

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @amanjutla,

It seems like you made an honest mistake so I just added texts to your plan. Could you reboot your phone? 

Thank you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

amanjutla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi when I activate my SIM card so I was choose plan and on text massage there was only two options 1. International text 2. No text so I thought if I choose no text then it means no international text but I might can do local text but now I'm not getting text or I can't send text and I'm trying to add on but still it's say it will be possible next renewal time well more over I can't make customers service Center call it's doesn't allow me and then I call from my mum's phone they said we can't access your account because it's new OMG can u help me adding text massages....

mwang

Okanaganman

Thanks I'm a noob:)

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Okanaganman wrote:

I replyed when I should have pm'd

Glad you noticed and took it down. I was panicking for you! 😉

nekkidtruth

Please remove your personal information! You should be sending that info in a private message directly to a mod.

If you're unsure of how to send a private message, here's a link with instructions.

Okanaganman

I replyed when I should have pm'd

nekkidtruth

@iDi wrote:

Let me list 3 inconsistent statements provided by PM when it comes to information requires to port a number.

• When first porting my number the instructions requested one of the following information for your old provider : your phone's IMEI, account PIN or account number. To which I provided my pin. 

• 1) in the 1st post above requests that you provide public mobile phone #, the phone # you want to port (coincidentally the same # listed on PM self-serve when the port isn't complete), and the account number to your old provider. 

• When I got a PM from one of the mods they asked for my PM SIM card #, the number I want to port and my old provider's account #.

Would you kindly make up your mind about the information you require and update the forum post and activation/porting forms accordingly? Do you see how this would help lessen the amount of people that are forced to message you multiple times for this reason or just nullify it completely?

Personally, I think that the old account # should be the mandatory one on the form you have to fill up as that (and obviously the number that needs to be ported) is the only consistent information I've received since I signed up on the 3rd at night and been waiting ever since.

Agreed. However, the issue is until there's an issue with the port, the other stuff truly isn't necessary. It's only when a port becomes a problem that the rest is required.

Personally, I agree that the account number of the account you're porting from should be mandatory.

nekkidtruth

@Hmm wrote:

Unless I am missing something. The above link provides steps to send a private message. There is no listing of moderator's names. Without a mod's name, how is one going to send a mod a message?

Excellent observation. This link should be added somewhere in the process as well: All you need to know about our Community Moderators

Vickel

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unless I am missing something. The above link provides steps to send a private message. There is no listing of moderator's names. Without a mod's name, how is one going to send a mod a message?

iDi

Let me list 3 inconsistent statements provided by PM when it comes to information requires to port a number.

• When first porting my number the instructions requested one of the following information for your old provider : your phone's IMEI, account PIN or account number. To which I provided my pin. 

• 1) in the 1st post above requests that you provide public mobile phone #, the phone # you want to port (coincidentally the same # listed on PM self-serve when the port isn't complete), and the account number to your old provider. 

• When I got a PM from one of the mods they asked for my PM SIM card #, the number I want to port and my old provider's account #.

Would you kindly make up your mind about the information you require and update the forum post and activation/porting forms accordingly? Do you see how this would help lessen the amount of people that are forced to message you multiple times for this reason or just nullify it completely?

Personally, I think that the old account # should be the mandatory one on the form you have to fill up as that (and obviously the number that needs to be ported) is the only consistent information I've received since I signed up on the 3rd at night and been waiting ever since.

andrewbzh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very useful for new customers.Smiley Happy

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Awesome post!

@Mary_M You should also add info about who users can send Private Message to. May be small guide to figure out whos online at the moment out of all of you. Otherwise, you will only get most private messages even when you're not on. 

You should add link to the post showing how to send Private Message.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...  

EDIT: oops, sorry for the double post. 

@Mary_M You should add link to the post showing how to send Private Message.  

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

This is great to have this information in one post. Thanks to @Mary_M and the other moderators for communicating this information. The now 4 of you make our days shine brighter! 

smiley sunshine.jpg

New customers should also refer to the following post for information about our moderators. I'd suggest giving it a look as well before sending off a private message.

All you need to know about our Community Moderators

margosmark

@outdoorsaddix thanks!

outdoorsaddix

@margosmark I belive if you message 1 mod, they all get it and your request goes into their shared queue to resolve. 

margosmark

We can send info to any moderator regardless of status @Mary_M? I have sent mine to @Shazia_K but its been a while and they are not online.

Thanks for the help

Mark

Need Help? Let's chat.