Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: [ISSUE RESOLVED] Renewal and Payment Due Date in Self-Serve

@RossN wrote:

@Pawprints1986 hi yes your service is seemless

I actually never knew that. I though the service would be cut for a few seconds while it was renewing the cycle. I always wondered what happened if you made a call during that time. Would the call be dropped during that few seconds. It really dosent bother me as i sleep through it. And i don't make calls all night. I gotta try that on my next renewal. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@Pawprints1986 hi yes your service is seemless

I actually never knew that. I though the service would be cut for a few seconds while it was renewing the cycle. I always wondered what happened if you made a call during that time. Would the call be dropped during that few seconds. It really dosent bother me as i sleep through it. And i don't make calls all night. I gotta try that on my next renewal. 

It's literally, "not worth losing sleep over" huh !! Long as the phone works when you want it to.

😷

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

It's literally, "not worth losing sleep over" huh !! Long as the phone works when you want it to.

It really isint worth loosing sleep over but im just curios. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm still confused. Yesterday I knew my account would be charged on the 23rd. My account showed that I had minutes left to use before it turned over (I have the 100 minute plan). So I phoned someone last night for 60 minutes. I check my account today and the plan had turned over and I only have 40 minutes left - the 60 minutes was taken off the next month it seems!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@banny wrote:

I'm still confused. Yesterday I knew my account would be charged on the 23rd. My account showed that I had minutes left to use before it turned over (I have the 100 minute plan). So I phoned someone last night for 60 minutes. I check my account today and the plan had turned over and I only have 40 minutes left - the 60 minutes was taken off the next month it seems!

I believe the renewal time is at 2 am Eastern Time so that may account for your time being lost.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@banny 

@banny wrote:

When did you make your call?  The plan does expire at 11:59 PM EST.  

A screenshot of your payment history page might show when your plan exactly renewed.  

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't realize that it was Eastern time. I made the call at 1024 pm local time -Pacific (124 eastern). But I did check right before I made the call and the plan had not turned over - it said I still had plenty of remaining minutes. Also my call history says that I made the call at 1024, so i assume it was 1024..while texts oddly are listed at eastern time I see now. So another glitch they need to fix in my opinion. Completely illogical.

Thanks for the info.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hairbag1 I actually did this my last (or, first, technically) renewal, but only because i had seen its not all too uncommon for payment not going through properly to cause disruption, but I didn't think the funds being available actually helped make it more seamless too

Like, if people let it go through with autopay instead of adding funds ahead of time, does that process take a bit longer to switch over to the new plan cycle? 

I know what I'm trying to ask, I hope you do too 😂

Highlighted

@banny  The idiosyncrasies of the usage history in your account. Texts sent and recieved are recorded at eastern time. Calls outgoing and incoming that are answered are recorded in local time. Calls that go to voicemail are recorded at eastern time. Data used (web) is pooled and recorded in 12 hr updates twice a day.

Highlighted

@Pawprints1986  I've only had an account use autopay once when I forgot to top up I don't think theres any noticeable difference in plan renewal. The system can be delayed in your renewal idea seen it take payment at 5am pt  and reset the data about two hours after that. It can very rarely have a renewal fail. So despite having enough in the balance to cover the plan Ive had the renewal fail after converting the rewards and charging the $10 plan fee but not the data amount. The renewal failed my account suspended and it took about 36 hours to get it active again.