Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ISSUE RESOLVED] Renewal and Payment Due Date in Self-Serve

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

Great news! We wanted to let you know that our technical team has been successful in addressing a known issue in our Self-Serve portal. We also want to extend a big thank you to our customers who flagged this issue for us. 

Previously, on the Overview and Payment pages in Self-Serve the Payment Due Date was overstated by one day. It actually reflected the plan renewal date. We’ve since changed Self-serve to reflect the renewal date. All payments are due before the renewal date in order to ensure continuous service on your account. You’ll see this as “Payment Due Before” on the Overview page, for example. 

We're constantly working to improve our systems and fix any bugs. We’re excited to be able to cross this one off our to-do list. Let us know what you think below!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

109 REPLIES 109

@pm-smayer97 

I can tell you this.....from the amount of times I have had to use the lost/stolen feature on the bf's account it never affected his promotions (we all know the whole autopay reward saga.) I have never heard of a customer complain (to date) that an autopay failure that temporarily suspended their account for non payment has affected their promotions. So while not confirmed i would imagine that suspension over 30 days is what would cause the loss of a promotion. As in a full 30 day cycle passes without payment would then cancel a promotion in the account. The terms and conditions by pm notwithstanding.....

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

I'm pretty sure the terms and conditions related to promotions refer to suspension due to nonpayment of your account and not using the lost/stolen for its intended purpose and/or as a troubleshooting technique. It also probably only applies for a long suspension as we all know autopay failures are common enough that pm customers are not going to lose their promotions because of the failure of pms own payment system.

Well, when you flag your account using the Lost/Stolen feature you ARE suspending your account. Wording of T&Cs have language like "Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive"....Marking your account as Lost/Stolen makes an account inactive.

Things do not always work as documented at PM but that is the written language. Until someone actually chimes in with a different experience, that is how it has been defined multiple times by PM.

@pm-smayer97 

I'm pretty sure the terms and conditions related to promotions refer to suspension due to nonpayment of your account and not using the lost/stolen for its intended purpose and/or as a troubleshooting technique. It also probably only applies for a long suspension as we all know autopay failures are common enough that pm customers are not going to lose their promotions because of the failure of pms own payment system.

@Dunkman wrote:

@Tbalser 

@Tbalser wrote:

i have auto top up and have plenty of money in my account. However the money has not been taken from my account this month, I got a text saying my rewards were applied but I now have no service.

Autopay sometimes fails unfortunately.  Try to manually load funds to cover cost of the plan.  It should restart the plan.  Or if you have enough funds in your available balance to cover the plan, you could try the lost/stolen phone trick.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

DO NOT use the LOST/STOLEN phone trick if you have ANY bonuses linked to the T&Cs that require your plan to never be stopped. Otherwise, you risk losing those bonuses and never getting them back.

@tmnomad glad everything has worked out for you!

tmnomad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all for your replies. Ended up reactivating my phone using a laptop instead of my phone and it worked instantly.

@tmnomad This fix didn't actually fix anything other than deleting one line of incorrect information. There is no effect on the actual service 

@tmnomad 

Clear your browser, use incognito/secret mode in chrome, Firefox or safari. This should allow you to make a payment and reactivate your account. Then reboot your phone. If the system won't take your payment from your available funds then log in and report your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report phone found. Log out and reboot if necessary.

@tmnomad sometimes autopay fails.  You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Stay safe. 

tmnomad

Hi,

Has this fix been rolled out to all accounts? I’m getting a message that I don’t have an active plan on my account.

I’m currently enrolled in autopay but my account has not been debited so my balance does not have sufficient funds. This resulted in my account being deactivated but when I try to make a payment it says “unable to process payment... this can result when multiple payments are made too close together.”

This never happened in previous months, any help would be appreciated.

@Tbalser 

You have had an autopay failure or possibly a renewal failure if your balance in your pm account actually covers your plan amount. If it's an autopay failure ( and I think I've just been ninja'd) there are simple ways to reactivate your account by applying a payment, reactivate  and reboot.

If it's a much rarer renewal failure you should contact the moderators immeadiately as most of the troubleshooting techniques will not work and the moderators will have to fix the problem within your account.

@Tbalser 

@Tbalser wrote:

i have auto top up and have plenty of money in my account. However the money has not been taken from my account this month, I got a text saying my rewards were applied but I now have no service.

Autopay sometimes fails unfortunately.  Try to manually load funds to cover cost of the plan.  It should restart the plan.  Or if you have enough funds in your available balance to cover the plan, you could try the lost/stolen phone trick.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

@Tbalser your autopay failed.  Log into your self service account and see if its suspended.  If it is, you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Stay safe. 

Tbalser

@jeav  as @darlicious said the $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes is great for back up.

You could also do these things to save your outgoing minutes.

• Text the person to call you
  • Call the person say call me right back. Only costs you 1 minute
  • Use another phone to check your voicemail. Call your cell number from another phone. Hang up on your cell or let it ring till your voicemail starts to play. When it starts playing. Press star * then it will ask you for your voicemail passed.
  • Or you could also check your voicemail using the TEXTNOW APP. Many do it this way. Textnow is an app where you get a Canadian number in your area that allows you to call/text Canada/ USA for Free no matter where you are in the world as long as you are connected to wifi or using data. Open app dial your cell number. Cell will ring. End call. Use app to press * then enter your voicemail password to listen to your messages.

Stay safe!

@jeav 

You can still test that theory out whether you have the add on or not. But for $5/500 min that's a lot of peace of mind for only $0.01 per minute. It took my room mate 8 months to go thru his entire 500 min add on. ( he burned thru the last 100 because he had one too many and forgot he had called his sister rather than the other way around...)

jeav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes I can still receive calls and send texts.
I will likely get the 5 dollar add on.. but was kinda hoping to also be able to see if the 100 min might last me the month.. 

@jeav 

Are you on the $15 plan? Can you recieve calls? Check your overview page. Do you have any outgoing calling minutes left? You can wait for your renewal but most people with that plan purchase the $5/500 min add on to supplement the outgoing calling if they run out. It will stay on your account til finished.

jeav

Hi! I'm wondering what's going on with renewal plan... I think something has gone wrong with my account... Can't making outgoing phone calls to people in Canada.

Any tips?

Thanks.

DudetteSunny

@JoyLuck Incognito browser worked...Thank you!

@DudetteSunny wrote:

Hi, I was trying to change my plan but an error occurred and said to try again later. Now I cannot access my current plan info in self serve. Every time I click on plan details it gives me this message...

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic. Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the login page.

I would do as said but it still continues to not let me see my current plan details and I cannot change my plan again either, I only have a day left to change my plan and now I do not know what to do because I cannot access any plan info in my self serve and it is currently blank where it says amount owing too.

Can you try this with the browser:

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Plan details and the change plans page is working for me. I am using chrome on an ipad in incognito mode.

DudetteSunny

@Tiana_V  Hi, I was trying to change my plan but an error occurred and said to try again later. Now I cannot access my current plan info in self serve. Every time I click on plan details it gives me this message...

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic. Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the login page.

I would do as said but it still continues to not let me see my current plan details and I cannot change my plan again either, I only have a day left to change my plan and now I do not know what to do because I cannot access any plan info in my self serve and it is currently blank where it says amount owing too.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good improvement.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

All this talk about plans renewing at 2AM EST...

When it's actually EDT right now for half the year....

EST would technically be 1 hour off. 😉 Darn daylight saving...

That wouldn't make a difference regardeless because that isn't when plans renew. It may be what the automated messages say, but I learned long ago that the renewals happen at random times of the night/morning, and almost never at the same time for each.

It has been stated by PM that renewals start at 6AM. Individual processing time may vary but in my experience, renewal always happens immediately shortly after 6AM.

The proof will be in the pudding....but you have to eat your meat or else you wont get your pudding. (I hope everyone gets that...lol)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

You actually have it ALMOST all correct. In fact, ALL rewards are applied at 2AM ET (in the following order as applicable, for those interested:

You actually have it ALMOST all correct. In fact, ALL rewards are applied at midnight ET.

I have been tracking this multiple times a month (due to several accounts) for over 2 years and it has consistently been at 2AM ET, never before. Even PM tech support had informed me of this long ago. Do you have a different experience? Do you have something to support that?

I always see rewards converted into current balance at midnight ET. My renewal isn't until early June so proof will have to wait.

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

You actually have it ALMOST all correct. In fact, ALL rewards are applied at 2AM ET (in the following order as applicable, for those interested:

You actually have it ALMOST all correct. In fact, ALL rewards are applied at midnight ET.

I have been tracking this multiple times a month (due to several accounts) for over 2 years and it has consistently been at 2AM ET, never before. Even PM tech support had informed me of this long ago. Do you have a different experience? Do you have something to support that?

@Nezgar wrote:

All this talk about plans renewing at 2AM EST...

When it's actually EDT right now for half the year....

EST would technically be 1 hour off. 😉 Darn daylight saving...

That wouldn't make a difference regardeless because that isn't when plans renew. It may be what the automated messages say, but I learned long ago that the renewals happen at random times of the night/morning, and almost never at the same time for each.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@popping wrote:

Your account features will be reset at midnight ET of your renewal day.

Your account status will be changed to expired before midnight.  Don't panic if your phone is still working.

Between midnight and 2 am ET, your rewards will be added to your account.

After 2 am ET, PM will withdraw fund from autopay card to topup your available fund and renew your plan. 

Something is wrong if the available fund does not have enough to pay your plan fee.  Your renewal will fail and your phone stop working.

Around mid morning, your will receive 2 text messages.  

1.  congrats you of getting rewards

2.  thank you for your payment and renewal successfully

OR

failed to renew.   I don't know the content as have not had a renewal failure yet.

You actually have it ALMOST all correct. In fact, ALL rewards are applied at 2AM ET (in the following order as applicable, for those interested: Community, $2 AutoPay, Refer a Friend, Loyalty). THEN if you are on AutoPay and there still are not enough funds in your account, the difference is taken from your credit card between 2 and 6 AM.

THEN starting at 6AM, your plan is renewed from available funds. (Of course if you are NOT on AutoPay and your account balance is insufficient, your plan will not renew).

Text messages lag behind this process and do not represent the actual time the above are processed.

Need Help? Let's chat.