Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ISSUE RESOLVED] Renewal and Payment Due Date in Self-Serve

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

Great news! We wanted to let you know that our technical team has been successful in addressing a known issue in our Self-Serve portal. We also want to extend a big thank you to our customers who flagged this issue for us. 

Previously, on the Overview and Payment pages in Self-Serve the Payment Due Date was overstated by one day. It actually reflected the plan renewal date. We’ve since changed Self-serve to reflect the renewal date. All payments are due before the renewal date in order to ensure continuous service on your account. You’ll see this as “Payment Due Before” on the Overview page, for example. 

We're constantly working to improve our systems and fix any bugs. We’re excited to be able to cross this one off our to-do list. Let us know what you think below!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

109 REPLIES 109

@Tiana_V , @Vivian_Y , @Anonymous , @BearFBI 611 has the correct payment due date and time. Try it and please fix the self service portal. It should say like 611 doe Payment will be taken out at 2 am eastern standard time the day before it actually says now. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

In the end, all that was done was to remove the 11:59pm reference.  The dates are still the same as before. From, a billing perspective, this was cosmetic.

The same as before popping noticed the change back in Oct or whatever yes. But now it says to pay before that day. It's not necessary to pay _before_ per se as you have up until 11:59pm ET to make your payment. Before means before 11:59pm ET of the day before. Not necessary.

I'll agree that it's mostly semantics. But if they're going about making changes then make it clear and unambiguous.

@Vivian_Y mine said pay before May 23rd. The payment was taken out at 2 am today the 22nd.  I received my thankyou 611 payment text message at 12.02 pm today. None of my rewards were applied.  😂

Screenshot_20200522-175107.png

@Anonymous 

In the end, all that was done was to remove the 11:59pm reference.  The dates are still the same as before. From, a billing perspective, this was cosmetic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vivian_Y :

I may have been hallucinating again but I'm pretty sure that for a few days there after a change on this date thing that it was right. This was after the 11:59 sentence was removed but before the announcement today.

Now it's the last day of paid service. I distinctly remember commenting here on this change and that it saying before the shown date that it made sense. Ok. Show the first day of paid service but have it say to pay before then. All good. But now it shows the last day of paid service and to pay before then. But before say the 23rd is the 22nd. But it doesn't really need to be paid until the 23rd as that is the last day of paid service.

After all that rambling... 🙂 ...I think the date could still be the day of the new term and that you have to pay before which is technically 11:59 of the day before which would be the last day of paid service. That was all fine. But now it's not.

I don't know how to write this entire post any shorter... add 1 to the field for last day of paid service or use the field for the first day of paid service. Keep the text about paying before and it all makes sense.

The old way didn't make sense only because of that 11:59 sentence. Then there was a recent change saying pay before and showing the new term date. Now it's the end of term date.

Vivian_Y
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

I'm on the Public team, and worked on pushing this bug fix through. It sounds like there's some confusion around this issue/resolution, so let me try to clear things up 😀

Previously, the text on the Self-serve page was "Payment Due Date: [DATEX]" and "Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day...". This was incorrect, as [DATEX] was actually the renewal date - meaning payment should be made before [DATEX].

Just to clarify, nothing has been changed in the actual billing process - we will continue to bill at the same interval as before this bug fix. The only change is that the text on Self-serve now reflects the correct process.

Thanks, 

Vivian

Yes @BearFBI it will renew around 8 am est on the 24th and you will get a  rewards message around 12 noon and a payment thankyou message on around 12.03 pm on that day.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma So my plan will renew on the 24th now ?

I understand that my CC will be charged at 2am on the 24th but will my plan renew on that date or will the balance sit in my account and it will be renewed on the 25th ?

No @BearFBI Your credit card will be charged at 2 am eastern on the 24th. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wait what. Payments are comeing out a day before now ? My payment due date is the 25th. So now @gblackma is saying that he's getting charged a day before. So would my renewal look like this ?  The payment gets taken out at 2am on the 24th and it sits in my account, then it takes that money on the 25th to renew the plan ? 

I'm still a little confused. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

There is still "estimated payment" glitch showing the wrong price

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tiana_V ,

Thank you for fixing the due date confusion.  Now, it is clear now.  One less thing that we need to explain to PM subscribers.

@Luddite 

You can cross out the due date confusion from your bugs/quirks list.  Thanks for compiling this list.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545975#M42289

@Alan_K 

Since you are in charge of upgrading our self-serve portal, some items on the above list are  great feedback for PM QA department to test the new self-serve portal.

Have a better and better days!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V Thank you for continuous improvement and support of the system! Thrilled to see what changes are coming towards us in the future!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma , @Tiana_V 

You might be on to something. I noticed the date change a few days ago and it seemed correct. But now it's the last day. My calendar item that I use to keep track is now the same as the top date. 611 is the same. Autopay down below is the same.

And then you're saying your renewal is off.

So something's still up.

@gblackma I noticed they changed this a week ago. now you're saying they're taking money a day before now? 

I wonder if this will cause their account to lose service, on a day they've already paid for?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Maybe I am rebellious, but I like to original system that had two dates, both the payment due date and renewal date.  That apparently caused too much confusion and one date was dropped.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V Well HAPPY FRIDAY!

Great news and especially appreciate the communication on these things. Thank you for taking the time to inform us, we know you all are working hard to improve our experience and a short communication solidifies that. 

Thank you!

Thanks @Tiana_V  , but it's still a little misleading since the payment will be taken at 2 am eastern standard time the day before. For example it said that my payment was due before May 23rd. I was charged at 2am est this morning, the 22nd. Stay safe. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Wow just coming out with lower prices and bug fixes on a Friday!!  Fridays are usually when Governments give the bad news and save the good news for Mondays so it can be talked about all week!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.