cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

[ISSUE RESOLVED] Renewal and Payment Due Date in Self-Serve

Hi Community, 

Great news! We wanted to let you know that our technical team has been successful in addressing a known issue in our Self-Serve portal. We also want to extend a big thank you to our customers who flagged this issue for us. 

Previously, on the Overview and Payment pages in Self-Serve the Payment Due Date was overstated by one day. It actually reflected the plan renewal date. We’ve since changed Self-serve to reflect the renewal date. All payments are due before the renewal date in order to ensure continuous service on your account. You’ll see this as “Payment Due Before” on the Overview page, for example. 

We're constantly working to improve our systems and fix any bugs. We’re excited to be able to cross this one off our to-do list. Let us know what you think below!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: [ISSUE RESOLVED] Renewal and Payment Due Date in Self-Serve

Wow just coming out with lower prices and bug fixes on a Friday!!  Fridays are usually when Governments give the bad news and save the good news for Mondays so it can be talked about all week!

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks @Tiana_V  , but it's still a little misleading since the payment will be taken at 2 am eastern standard time the day before. For example it said that my payment was due before May 23rd. I was charged at 2am est this morning, the 22nd. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Tiana_V Well HAPPY FRIDAY!

Great news and especially appreciate the communication on these things. Thank you for taking the time to inform us, we know you all are working hard to improve our experience and a short communication solidifies that. 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Oracle

Maybe I am rebellious, but I like to original system that had two dates, both the payment due date and renewal date.  That apparently caused too much confusion and one date was dropped.  

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gblackma I noticed they changed this a week ago. now you're saying they're taking money a day before now? 

I wonder if this will cause their account to lose service, on a day they've already paid for?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma , @Tiana_V 

You might be on to something. I noticed the date change a few days ago and it seemed correct. But now it's the last day. My calendar item that I use to keep track is now the same as the top date. 611 is the same. Autopay down below is the same.

And then you're saying your renewal is off.

So something's still up.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V Thank you for continuous improvement and support of the system! Thrilled to see what changes are coming towards us in the future!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V ,

Thank you for fixing the due date confusion.  Now, it is clear now.  One less thing that we need to explain to PM subscribers.

@Luddite 

You can cross out the due date confusion from your bugs/quirks list.  Thanks for compiling this list.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545975#M42289

@Alan_K 

Since you are in charge of upgrading our self-serve portal, some items on the above list are  great feedback for PM QA department to test the new self-serve portal.

Have a better and better days!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

There is still "estimated payment" glitch showing the wrong price