cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ISSUE RESOLVED] - Credit Card Transaction Issues

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

UPDATE: Issue is now resolved! Thank you so much for your patience. 

--------------------------------------

Hey Community, 

We are currently experiencing issues accepting credit cards and visa debit cards as payment, during Activation and on Self-serve. Our team is looking into what’s causing the issue. We don't have a timeline yet for a fix, but will keep you posted. 

In the meantime, you can make a payment with a Public Mobile Payment Voucher. To find a location that sells payment vouchers near you, click here.

If you have a registered credit card, you can also make a payment through our automated phone service by dialing *611.

Note: 

• AutoPay is not impacted by this issue. 
  • For customers attempting to activate, your activation may time out. We recommend you do not attempt to activate with a credit card at this time.

We will update this thread with more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team
12 REPLIES 12

@kim1077 

Did you recieve a message saying "Sorry your card has been turned down by your credit card issuer please check with ....etc.....?"

If so please read my post previous to yours this will help you when you try again in an hour. In the meantime find your official canada post address and compare it to your billing statement address of your card/ financial institution for any slight differences.

Please note the fraud alert warnings in my post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kim1077 wrote:

This issue is not resolved!!! Just tried to update my card and it wouldn’t except either card I used 

@kim1077 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing it but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

you can try to Remove your credit card and Logout and after 2 minutes log in

to re entered.

Update Or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to  Self-Serve.  Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Good Luck

kim1077
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This issue is not resolved!!! Just tried to update my card and it wouldn’t except either card I used 

@Pynch77 

If you are having trouble try this...

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

@Pynch77 

It looks as though you posted this after the topic was updated to “Issue Resolved” so either it isn’t really resolved OR something else is causing your particular problem?

AE_Collector

Pynch77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still not working

@SJ3 

Is it possible its the same as your voicemail code? Sometimes customers get it confused and use the same code. Vouchers don't need your code to be added. Immediately valid vouchers are available at 7/11, Shell stations, SDM and london drugs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SJ3 : You might still have your PIN in your texts from when you activated. It comes from 611. It's also possible that it's stored as a text on your SIM.

Otherwise, you'll need to contact the moderators to get it reset.

SJ3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for this information.  The last few days have been frustrating with will guidance about how to mitigate this issue.  

When I attempted to use 611 to make the payment, I was asked for a 4 digit pin that I have never used for the two years that I have owned this phone.  Can you point me to where that pin can be located or how to even set that up?

Thank you.

@J_PM 

Thanks for the heads up....is there anyway to put a post it note of this on the actual activation portal? Since most customers  head there first then here when they encounter a problem.

Any word on the higher incidence of sim  cards not provisioning upon activation?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM  appreciate with the notice!!

Announcement like this was exactly what I asked earlier and thanks for making this happens.  Information like this is useful for everyone in the Community.!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : Thanks for the news. Will those customers that would otherwise have set up autopay at activation be able to get the initial $2 reward after the fix (assuming they set up autopay afterwards)?

Your payment system is the worst by the way if you don't already know. No company should struggle with taking money from their customers like this place does. Of course I know the vast majority do just fine but no one should have to work so hard to give their money to a company through no fault of their own.

Need Help? Let's chat.