cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mimmo
Oracle

Re: How do you search for help? Let us know!

I could be completely wrong but one of the reasons they might be using Google is to ensure (as best as possible) that people only reply once.

But this excludes users who do not have a Gmail account, so anynyone interested, here are the questions:

1)How long have you been on the Community? *

2) How often do you post a question on the Community

3)When searching for help on the Public Mobile Community (publicmobile.ca/community), what are you most likely to do? *

• Search for key words/phrases in the Community search bar 
  • Find a relevant Discussion Board and browse for related threads 
  • Find a relevant Discussion Board and "Ask a Question" 
  • Search for key words/phrases in SIMon (our chatbot)

How can we improve our current Community discussion boards (e.g. number of boards, categories, etc.) and search experience? (Optional)

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

That's helpful @mimmo and appreciate the time you took to put that together and I could see the questions and scroll while I was staring at the click to log in little pop up. But unlike the last survey where I posted my feedback anyway (and the same opinion) I'm just standing on principle now. They seem to be making a habit of it now. They don't need to do it this way. They've become too integrated into Google for my liking and they just assume everyone also just stays logged in to their account. They have many other options available to them.

So...if that's the way they want to play then I'm not interested.

XionBunny
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I filled it out and gave my two cents, happy to help as always.

villellamcmeans
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If Public really wants to improve our current community discussion boards and thereby improve the search experience at the same time, they should do more to encourage people to spend more of their time here on this forum - because doing so and having more people stay logged in here, will in turn help solve more customer questions, because there will be more people here doing other things as well as being here to help out if they can.

So Public should stop offering zero consideration for posting in the lounge, at least give some consideration to encourage people to stay on this forum and encourage others to want to stay here talking to others even in the lounge, where they can be readily available to help others on other boards too.

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would happily participate, if this survey didn't require Google account login (I don't remember my password and not going to go hunting for it for the sake of a survey). Hope you post another survey without login necessity, though 🙂 Happy week ahead!

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why do I have to sign into my google account to complete a survey??

villellamcmeans
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I clicked on the link and filled everything out, and because it never asked for any google information, I didn't know it was needed to participate, I used phone Duck Duck Go browser the complete survey and was logged into google play store - so that must be why it didn't ask me for anything to complete survey.

Still, I don't consent either that the survey could be pulling information off my phone that I didn't give them freely - and I don't agree either that google sign in should be required to participate in a Public Mobile survey.

softech
Mayor / Maire

I guess it is cheaper for them to use Google service then to setup a page themselves to collect feedback...

But it looks like PM is doing these type of feedback survey more often, maybe they should consider develop something themselves...
charliewilliams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you can chat with simon the chat robot , you can find him bottom right of the screen .. a chat emoji 

mister
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hmm.. I did not know anything about this, so long as google is connected to any surveys I will not be participating in any such phishing scams associated to google, as it is I rip everything google out of my phone when new and only the android operating system remains even if I must tolerate the endless notifications claiming my phone will not without google enabled.

One day I will figure out how to gain OS ROOT level access to my phones operating system and kill all such deceitful notifications!

I should hope public mobiles dissociates itself with google asap!

Need Help? Let's chat.