cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help Needed] Let us know about your experience on the Community!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community,

We’re working on some new and exciting things over here at Public Mobile, and as we continue to explore this new work, we want to make sure that we’re building with our customers in mind. 

In order to help us with this, we’re looking to have engaging and in-depth conversations with Public Mobile customers about their experience using our Community. If you are not a regular user, that’s okay too, as we’d love to get your opinion as to why that is, and how that can be improved. We’ll be giving a 1 GB data bonus to participants to make sure it’s worth your while.

If this sounds interesting to you, sign up before Friday, April 17th by sharing a few details with us in this web form. There will be limited slots available, so we will be in touch with those that are chosen to participate in this interview. Note that chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging - so keep an eye on that inbox! 

Here are the details:

What’s in it for you:

• Customers who participate will receive a one-time 1 GB Data Add-On within 30 days of completion. 
  • Opportunity to work directly with the Public Mobile team and help determine the path of our Community. 

Details on how to get involved:

• We are looking for several Public Mobile customers to talk to us about your experience with our Community. 
  • Interviews will be held over the phone the week of April 20th or April 27th, and the time commitment is one hour. 
  • Interviews will be conducted in English
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • We will contact the selected participants via Private Message.

We’re sorry we can’t connect with everyone who’s expressed interest - if you aren’t selected, there will be more opportunities later this spring to get involved in sharing feedback as we share more about our Community enhancement work.

Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you soon,

- The Public Mobile Community Team

89 REPLIES 89

customer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, that is correct!

@customer wrote:

FYI, I have tried EVERY one of the suggestions provided. I have NUMEROUS emails from Public Mobile and they seem to be from so many different departments - I am having trouble even following what is from who. You have incorrectly assumed that I have done nothing and am not following the suggestions. The reason I did NOT restate my issue is that it has been stated over and over and I am not getting any different replies. If your only purpose is to chastise someone, your time could be better spent by fixing a broke system. If you only knew how much effort I have put in to getting my phone working, you wouldn't be making the comment you did. Also FYI, I DID tell the community my situation and they did NOT get my phone working by now. 

Let's start at the beginning...what make/model is your phone ? You've confirmed that it's going to work on PM networks and that it's unlocked..correct ?

customer

FYI, I have tried EVERY one of the suggestions provided. I have NUMEROUS emails from Public Mobile and they seem to be from so many different departments - I am having trouble even following what is from who. You have incorrectly assumed that I have done nothing and am not following the suggestions. The reason I did NOT restate my issue is that it has been stated over and over and I am not getting any different replies. If your only purpose is to chastise someone, your time could be better spent by fixing a broke system. If you only knew how much effort I have put in to getting my phone working, you wouldn't be making the comment you did. Also FYI, I DID tell the community my situation and they did NOT get my phone working by now. 

customer

Thank you. My problem is that I activated my phone online on April 9th. I wanted to port my number an I guess this is the issue - although I have been waiting almost a week and just received a note today saying my number has been ported. Along with this note, it said to shut my phone off, wait and then turn it on. I did that. I still do NOT received incoming calls. Until today, my incoming calls went directly to voicemail. They did not ring and there was no chance for the caller to leave a message. Today, callers are disconnected rather than being connected to my number, so it has got worse, not better. Are you able to help?? If not, who/where would I contact to get assistance. After NUMEROUS attempts, I keep getting the same suggestions from the community - turn the phone off then on, take out your sim and put it back in, wait, wait, wait, wait. NONE of this works. Thanks if you can help.

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This sounds like a great opportunity to provide feedback.  

@BearFBI wrote:

@dabr Oops. I cant keep up. Thats what i meant to put.

@BearFBI  Not a problem, easily done by all of us at one time or another especially when so many users have responded in a short period of time 🙂

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr Oops. I cant keep up. Thats what i meant to put.

@BearFBI wrote:

@customer You have to at least try one of our suggestions. I would call TELUS like @dabr said. You also should wait. A moderator dosent get back in 5 minutes. If you told us your situation before we could have helped you got a working phone by now. 

@BearFBI   I think you meant to say @gblackma  & @Nezgar  who put up the Telus porting number 🙂

BearFBI

@customer You have to at least try one of our suggestions. I would call TELUS like @dabr said. You also should wait. A moderator dosent get back in 5 minutes. If you told us your situation before we could have helped you got a working phone by now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@customer wrote:

Sorry there are NO links ... only a reply button. Where are these links you refer to?? Not a very user friendly system ... Also your submit button when we talk to Simon does not work

As with just about any web site, usually by default, links in a line of text are underlined.

Moderator_Team < Click this.

But really...did you try the toll free Telus #? Come on...people are STILL trying to help you what with all the ranting.

@customer wrote:

I have tried NUMEROUS times. Your instructions are NOT helpful!

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

@customer wrote:

Sorry there are NO links ... only a reply button. Where are these links you refer to?? Not a very user friendly system ... Also your submit button when we talk to Simon does not work

@customer  Try this: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Or this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BearFBI

@customer Something must be wrong with your browser. I see loads of links posted by fellow community members.

customer

I have tried NUMEROUS times. Your instructions are NOT helpful!

customer

@customer wrote:

Is this the community??? I feel I've already been here. I need to find out what to do to get incoming calls to ring on my phone. They used to go directly to voice mail with no ring and no message able to be left. Now the caller gets connected and their call does not go through to my number. Thank you

We are fellow customers and can only offer suggestions/advice which sometimes get an issue resolved before any moderators can get back to you.  Moderators are PM's paid staff and they can access your account, which we cannot.  So please contact them using one of the links provided and also try some of the suggestions already offered.

BearFBI

@customer Try going to the bottom of the page and look at recent signins. If you see a MOD sign in click on the MOD and contact the MOD directly. That might work too

customer

Is this the community??? I feel I've already been here. I need to find out what to do to get incoming calls to ring on my phone. They used to go directly to voice mail with no ring and no message able to be left. Now the caller gets connected and their call does not go through to my number. Thank you

BearFBI

@customer What do you mean. Your first post was here in this Announcement? You could also try contacting a moderator thats online

customer

Totally USELESS!! I have been waiting for 6 days and have contacted your "community" numerous times. NOT ONE RESPONSE WAS SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING MY PHONE TO WORK!! The most frustrating part is that I keep doing what is suggested, waiting another day, another day, another day. Sending in more info, more info more info. INCOMING CALLS DO NOT COME TO MY PHONE. Until today incoming calls went directly to voicemail with no ring and no message being able to be left. Now it's even worse - incoming calls now just disconnect at the caller's end. Are you able to help?? So far no one else in the community has.

BearFBI

@customer Try the link instead 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could have told the community about this before and we would have helped you days ago.

@customer wrote:

Thanks for the response, but again, USELESS. I have tried NUMEROUS times to check with Simon and get a ticket submitted. After filling out your info sheet, the SUBMIT button does NOT work. This happened too many times to count. I am so incredibly frustrated with Public Mobile and no one seems to know how to get my phone operational.

@customer   Try sending a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@customer wrote:

Thanks for the response, but again, USELESS. I have tried NUMEROUS times to check with Simon and get a ticket submitted. After filling out your info sheet, the SUBMIT button does NOT work. This happened too many times to count. I am so incredibly frustrated with Public Mobile and no one seems to know how to get my phone operational.

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

customer

@customer wrote:

After 6 days I have given up on your "community". I have not yet received any information that has assisted in getting me a phone that can receive calls.

Your very first post to the "community" was 10 minutes ago, not 6 days ago.

Please read @BearFBI 's post and follow the directions to contact a moderator who can directly help with your account related issue.

BearFBI

@customer I a looking at you profile and you haven't posted anything on the forum. Please post your problem on the forum and we can help you. I cant help you and a moderator cant if you wont explain your situation.

@customer wrote:

Totally useless! One bit of poor info after another. After 6 days I still don't have an operable phone and there seems to be no way of getting one through Public Mobile. What a useless sham of a 'business'. I will most certainly be letting others know what a terrible experience I have had with you!!

@customer   Have you tried submitting a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

Meanwhile what have you tried?  Reboot of phone?  Remove the the SIM, wait several mins, reinsert, restart phone?

You can also try topping up your account with $1 and restart the phone.

One of these tricks might help while you wait to hear back from moderators who will be able to see if there is something more going on with your phone/account.

@customer wrote:

After 6 days I have given up on your "community". I have not yet received any information that has assisted in getting me a phone that can receive calls. There does not seem to be a process for a situation like mine where the "community" can help. I am completely discouraged and disappointed in Public Mobile. I am beginning to think it is just a bogus name and is not able to provide cell service since that has been my experience after 6 days of dissatisfaction.

Community is here to help and "try" to answer your questions, it is not the end-all for solutions. Go to SIMon and then talk to a MOD if your really having issues solving your problem. 

Hope you have a good day!

customer

After 6 days I have given up on your "community". I have not yet received any information that has assisted in getting me a phone that can receive calls. There does not seem to be a process for a situation like mine where the "community" can help. I am completely discouraged and disappointed in Public Mobile. I am beginning to think it is just a bogus name and is not able to provide cell service since that has been my experience after 6 days of dissatisfaction.

BearFBI

@customer Have you contacted a moderator?

Contact a moderator:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

When you submit your ticket on the title write NO SERVICE FOR X AMOUT OF DAYS.

and they would get back to you sooner

I also would like you to explain what is your problem? We cant help you if you dont explain. This is what the community is for

Need Help? Let's chat.