cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help Needed] Let us know about your experience on the Community!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

The Public Mobile team is interested in learning a bit more about how and why you use the Community. We’re hoping to use the results and insights that we gain to determine what improvements we can make and how we can better serve you. 

We’d love to hear your feedback through a short 5-minute survey. We’re looking for responses from any of our Community members: whether you’re a seasoned vet or just joined, we want to hear what you have to say!

If you’re interested in sharing your experience, please check out our survey through the link below by February 17th 2020! 

Click here to access the survey. 

- The Public Mobile Community Team

67 REPLIES 67

ckkong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with you that companies make it hard to contact them. They also tend to put people on hold awhile even if its not a service paid it is not easy to find a contact us option. I noticed this also on sites like CRA, Service Canada, and etc. They keep sending you to another page before you can get what you want.

@Obice wrote:

@CannonFodder  I honestly think the reason most people don't go straight for the moderator team is the exact same reason they don't for most other websites.

Take a moment and think about this; when you require help from a company that you are paying for services by, what do you do? You probably go to the website and look for a customer service number to call or an email to address them with.

Yeah, but in my case, I often look for a "Live Chat" option, since I've found that it often gets a quicker response than calling them.

And what has become very common, especially on social media websites?

The "CONTACT US" button is at the very bottom of the website or someplace hidden. Why? Because they don't WANT to help you, they want you on your own, they want someone else paying for the same service to help you. If they were so h*llbent on helping you why wouldn't they place a customer service number at the very top of the website or a "CONTACT US" button at the top of the website and not the bottom?

Well, although there's a certain amount of truth to that, over the years I've found that the "Contact Us" button is almost always at the bottom of ANY web site.

On a side note, I recently replaced the battery for my iPhone SE and the battery seems to perform well the last ~16 hours with its new power supply. It took me a collective 3-4 hours to do the replacement as it was my first time repairing a device and as expected it was absolute h*ll as they design it to be to discourage people from doing it and buying a new.

Well, that IS, and always has been, Apple's M.O., which is why they're quite opposed to the "Right to Repair" movement. So, shall I assume that even though it took a few hours to do the repair, you feel like you accomplished something, not only by repairing an item they didn't intend for you to repair, but also by virtually giving Apple the middle finger?

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CannonFodder  I honestly think the reason most people don't go straight for the moderator team is the exact same reason they don't for most other websites.

Take a moment and think about this; when you require help from a company that you are paying for services by, what do you do? You probably go to the website and look for a customer service number to call or an email to address them with. And what has become very common, especially on social media websites?

The "CONTACT US" button is at the very bottom of the website or someplace hidden. Why? Because they don't WANT to help you, they want you on your own, they want someone else paying for the same service to help you. If they were so h*llbent on helping you why wouldn't they place a customer service number at the very top of the website or a "CONTACT US" button at the top of the website and not the bottom?

On a side note, I recently replaced the battery for my iPhone SE and the battery seems to perform well the last ~16 hours with its new power supply. It took me a collective 3-4 hours to do the replacement as it was my first time repairing a device and as expected it was absolute h*ll as they design it to be to discourage people from doing it and buying a new.

I probably sound very upset at this point, I am, you should be too.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the opportunity, I promptly filled it out as soon as I saw this, I'm happy to help out.

ckkong

I agree!

smiley3

I just started with Public Mobile last month.  I've had a few questions about things, and it seemed fairly easy to find answers on the Community.  I think it's a  great system!

@Obice wrote:

@CannonFodder  I tend to just go straight to the mod team. They get what I ask done and there aren't a million back-and-forth's going on.

I've kinda wondered why more people don't simply do that, but OTOH, given the questions that arise here, it seems that most of the people that come here and post questions, simply haven't done a search here, to find the answers themselves, and/or they don't know how to contact the Mod team.

For debates, which I'm not fond of -- ironically -- I use "Discussions" for. And I try not to because they are debates. Smiley LOL

You can't ask, for example, what the "best" smart gizmo is. This is a purely subjective question regardless of any likeness in popularity to it. For instance, I like my phones with removable batteries while most people indicate that they don't care or it doesn't bother them therefore I hold a very unpopular opinion/view that batteries should be removable yet aren't.

Hey, I'm TOTALLY with you on that one - if your phone's battery dies, you shouldn't have to, 1.) buy a new phone, 2.) take your phone to a repair shop to get a simple battery replacement, or 3.) buy a set of specialty tools, and almost completely disassemble your phone yourself, JUST to replace a battery!

Obice

@CannonFodder  I tend to just go straight to the mod team. They get what I ask done and there aren't a million back-and-forth's going on.

For debates, which I'm not fond of -- ironically -- I use "Discussions" for. And I try not to because they are debates. Smiley LOL

You can't ask, for example, what the "best" smart gizmo is. This is a purely subjective question regardless of any likeness in popularity to it. For instance, I like my phones with removable batteries while most people indicate that they don't care or it doesn't bother them therefore I hold a very unpopular opinion/view that batteries should be removable yet aren't.

@Obice wrote:

This is more of a phishing expedition. Get to know the people using the service and essentially profile them.

Any ways... The people here are great but the overall atmosphere of the "Community" is that of "Quora". Someone asks a question and a 100 different people answer it, giving the same or similar answer, in a 100 different ways.

Slight exaggeration, but yeah, often very true, which is why I TRY to refrain from simply repeating what's already been said 4 or 5 times, i.e. if the question has already been fully answered, there's no need to even post, so I try to post in those type of threads, only if I have something to add, or to clarify. That, and although I toss Bravos around a lot, I try to bravo only those that have answered 1st, answered fully, and/or added something to the first answer..... well, that, and funny answers, and/or pics.....

shajal1603
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just joined. so know very less about the community experience but the thing that is bothering me is with the service itself When people call me they can reach me in 1 call out of 5/6/7, It says my number is not registered or invalid number. 

Obice

This is more of a phishing expedition. Get to know the people using the service and essentially profile them.

Any ways... The people here are great but the overall atmosphere of the "Community" is that of "Quora". Someone asks a question and a 100 different people answer it, giving the same or similar answer, in a 100 different ways.

I hope this survey will help PM to understand its customers better and greatly improve customer experieceSmiley Happy

kmlc

Being new to the Community and Public Mobile, happy to share my initial thoughts. Great to see that we are being asked for our feedback.

@ckkong  How to post....go to browse. Choose the category you think your question fits in.click on the "Ask a question" button. Add a subject title. Then ask your question. Add any pertinent information that can help the community solve the issue (question). Then post.

ckkong

The community has been quite helpful. Just trying to learn how to do different things like. I still need to figure out how to create a new topic post.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Toost wrote:

Great way to get the Community even more involved. 

Sorry, but I disagree.

Because a survey to collect input from community members implies that non-survey input from community members is not considered relevant. PM seemingly isn't "involved" in their own community. Otherwise, why do they need to specifically solicit information which has already been volunteered by us all over this community forum?

marimacas

I just finished the survey 🙂

Thanks!

Toost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Done! Great way to get the Community even more involved. 

Dolphin1

Done the survey.  Feedback from clients is important.

@samy2   How would you rate your customer service experience at Wal-Mart?

I'll let you tell us in your own words....and direct you later to other posts on how other public mobile customers rate their experience. But you have found the community....public mobiles first line of customer service. Unfortunately you have been misinformed about pm not having customer service. In fact they have great customer service you just can't pick up a telephone to receive it. But you also don't have to wait on hold listening to muzak and endless automated messages telling you that you can find the information online and they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes so please be patient because your business is important to them.

Instead you get directed here first. You can chat to simon. An irritating little Chabot who can answer some more common questions or direct you to fill out and submit a service request to the moderators. (Actual real breathing customer service agents!) More about them later. You can type a question or key words into the search bar to read help and knowledge articles or posts that solved almost any and every issue involving mobile phones, your self serve account and how they work. Or you can just ask any question you like by posting in a thread or start your own thread to get dedicated answers to your issue.

You will get an immeadiate response if you start your own thread and most of the time unless it involves accessing your account the community can solve your issue quickly. Or it can help you fix, program or operate your phone. Something only the tech department  can do at other providers if at all. For those times that you need something in your account fixed or credited then you need a moderator. Overall they are very helpful, considerate and very reasonable. You just have to type instead of talk to them.

This is what you need now. Essentially the Wal-Mart customer service rep activated a plan for you but failed to cancel  it properly or advise you to double check your card. To check on getting a refund.....click on the (?)  at the bottom right of your screen. Type in human or rep and follow the prompts to best explain your issue and submit a service ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon beside your avatar  for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Good luck!

@samy2 wrote:

I recently found out you guys dont have any customer service,  I was trying to get ur service  a week ago through walmart, when the guy was entering my info, a friend of mine told me public mobile dont have any customer service, so I said to walmart guy, stop registering me, he said ok, and then the system freezes, and he said i canceled ur application, and you wont be charged any thing, nest day I checked my bank transaction, I found that public mobile charged me 28$ something for nothing, then I went to wallmart, and they contacted ur sevice, and said , that I will get my credit in 2 weeks, I will see what wil happens. But this thing should not happen, and without customer service atleast I am not interested at all.

Well, your friend gave you false information, i.e. PM DOES have customer service, but just not in the way most people think of it - over the phone!

If you do some reading around here, you'll see that us PM customers, that hang out on these forums, are the 1st line of advice(or something resembling "customer service", if you will),  and if our advice doesn't do the trick for whatever issue(s) you may have, or none of us knows the answer, we direct you to contact the Moderator team, via the PM ticket system, and they are the ones that will get your issue(s) ironed out.

It's a DIFFERENT system of customer service, but it's STILL customer service..... you just don't talk to someone over the phone. The big difference here, is that when coming to the forums for help, you don't end up waiting for HOURS(I've personally done that with both Shaw & Telus) on the phone, for the "next available representative",  and the response time is, more often than not, less than a minute.

samy2

I recently found out you guys dont have any customer service,  I was trying to get ur service  a week ago through walmart, when the guy was entering my info, a friend of mine told me public mobile dont have any customer service, so I said to walmart guy, stop registering me, he said ok, and then the system freezes, and he said i canceled ur application, and you wont be charged any thing, nest day I checked my bank transaction, I found that public mobile charged me 28$ something for nothing, then I went to wallmart, and they contacted ur sevice, and said , that I will get my credit in 2 weeks, I will see what wil happens. But this thing should not happen, and without customer service atleast I am not interested at all.

s1ackland

Good survey. Nice and short. 

@Tiana_V 

Awesome! I love me a good survey. Done and dusted. As per my usual style I've given lots of feedback. Just no paragraphs it's too hard in that format. I'm always happy to supply my opinion.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Dark mode would be great, because my eyes hurt

YVR

@Tiana_V @mimmo 

I agree that a mobile browser friendly version can be useful.  

Thank you for asking for our feedback

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Done!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tiana_V   just a note on one of the questions specifically the APP question, I  would not be surprised if 90%+ reply yes,  i think you needed a secondary question what would you like to do in the app?  unless this is coming in second survey.

In all honesty I think you should follow koodo's example: they got rid of their app  since their website was mobile friendly.  I can't remember all their reasoning but cost to maintain and duplication of  features found on their site were main factors iirc.  I hope you focus on a mobile friendly selfserve and  talk to koodo  before going down the app route.  

DinoFlint

Hello the Public Mobile Community Team,

The forum sofware itself may need a bit of polishing

Most importantly start a what to do in common cases, like in any major tech sites

Also, is important to know the common settings, network bands, phones compatible with the network, network outrages, so on and that in real time

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smp99 wrote:

You can put anything in there for your community username. It doesn't look like it confirms anything

@smp99 I'm submitting mine as @smp99 Robot LOL j/k of course.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.