cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help Needed!] Let us know about your Self-Serve password/username reset experience

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

I hope you’re having a fantastic start to the holiday period with our More is Merrier Campaign - have you gotten your free gifts yet?

As it’s the season of giving, we’d love for you to give your feedback to us in a quick 5 minute survey (clever right?). As part of our journey to continually improve the customer support experience, we’re currently looking at how to make the Self-Serve password and username reset experience easier for you. 

If the below criteria apply to you, we’d love to hear from you:

1. You are a current Public Mobile customer with a Self-Serve account
  2. You’ve needed to request a password or username reset 

If you’re interested in having your voice heard and determine the direction we take on this, check out the link below before December 15th!

Click here to access the survey

-Public Mobile Community Team

55 REPLIES 55

FLAMINGOGUY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Finally somone with an answer that worked! Thank you.

Can not beleive they have made this process so difficult.

Geat way to make unhappy customers out of people.

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, sorry I didn't clarify, click on the Simon Bit and than you can type rep, i hope this helps resolve your probem, happy holidays

@FLAMINGOGUYTagging won't help , you have to click on the ? on the lower right hand corner, chat with SIMon then type rep.

FLAMINGOGUY

Could you kindly tell me how you contact a moderator as I have tagged them twice on my post and nothing??

Felixbthe1

Contact a moderator to help resolve your issue, Cheers

Felixbthe1

Survey completed.

FLAMINGOGUY

That's really helpful. You simply trying to earn yourself discount on your monthly bill or something?

TLGuan

I think the self-serve is quite easy except the slow connection sometimes.

FLAMINGOGUY

Confusing posts stating how to get through to a moderator. After being lead to think Moderator goes in the To field of a private message I now undertand instead it has to be done using tag field?

I mean really, would it not make more sense avoid having customers go on a frustrating fishing expedition to find this out and simply have a button or drop down option for this?

savloro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't get a confirmation email when activating the account online. Couldn't login to my account either. Tried froget password and thats faulty aswell. Contacted a mod through private message and the problem was solved within 15 minutes.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Very strange - I my case it only took seconds -- I know sometimes when we wait for a page to refresh or a confirmation email or text it seems to take forever but in reality it usually only takes seconds. Next time you feel that you are waiting for hours just time the response by your watch and you will see that even 20 seconds seems like forever.

BEER

@popping wrote:

@Alan_K 

I have been with PM and this forum over 16 months.  I don't meet the survey requirement as i do not need to change my username or password.  I will give my experience here.

For the past 16 months, when I found a post asking for password reset help, I tested the pasword reset link myself before posting my help info.  It was getting worse.  From receiving password reset email within 10 to 30 minutes to recently over 2 hours.  Needless to say, the reset link provided in the reset email was expired.

Very strange - I my case it only took seconds -- I know sometimes when we wait for a page to refresh or a confirmation email or text it seems to take forever but in reality it usually only takes seconds. Next time you feel that you are waiting for hours just time the response by your watch and you will see that even 20 seconds seems like forever.

BEER

@FLAMINGOGUY wrote:

My wife has forgotten her password and when trying to Reset it the system doesn't recogonize her emaill address.

What do we do?

Contact the modeator team.

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't want to give a third party my email address. I would have been delighted to share some thoughts. So I'll say things here.

One should be able to change their internal, initially signed up email address.

The password reset is fine. It just doesn't work for some people. Spam? Filters? Maybe having to do with a slightly different email address? Case maybe? So we should be able to go in and change it.

But that's once in.

I haven't had a problem with the password reset. The timeout should be longer for those times that people are struggling to find it maybe in spam folders and such. Maybe if the system sees mixed case then send out the reset to an all lower case version.

Simple solution ------ use a disposable email address.

FLAMINGOGUY

Easy? Easy what?

peterbingsu

Easy

FLAMINGOGUY

My wife has forgotten her password and when trying to Reset it the system doesn't recogonize her emaill address.

What do we do?

yainou

Yes me too

Donjfry

It was great. Real easy

snoonan0977
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very easy to use.  I haven't had any problems with Public Mobile whatsoever. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K 

I have been with PM and this forum over 16 months.  I don't meet the survey requirement as i do not need to change my username or password.  I will give my experience here.

For the past 16 months, when I found a post asking for password reset help, I tested the pasword reset link myself before posting my help info.  It was getting worse.  From receiving password reset email within 10 to 30 minutes to recently over 2 hours.  Needless to say, the reset link provided in the reset email was expired.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I mentionned it in the survey, but in 4 accounts that I am asked to help resetting their password, the reset email never arrived in 8 out of 10 attempts, and the other two came late by hours. so basically contacting mods directly is the only solution in my case. Others might have seen an easier experiance .

Hi @Maryphillips 

Could you please go here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/bd-p/paying_for_your-service and post your question there so that community sees the problem, many people who can help will not see your message here. It would be useful to take a screenshot of your payment history and zoomout or blackout sensitive info.

Thanks

Maryphillips

Hi you took two payments from my bank account I cannot afford this,you took 2 x 39 dollars plus 16 dollars can this please returned asap,but keep my December payment please

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to give a third party my email address. I would have been delighted to share some thoughts. So I'll say things here.

One should be able to change their internal, initially signed up email address.

The password reset is fine. It just doesn't work for some people. Spam? Filters? Maybe having to do with a slightly different email address? Case maybe? So we should be able to go in and change it.

But that's once in.

I haven't had a problem with the password reset. The timeout should be longer for those times that people are struggling to find it maybe in spam folders and such. Maybe if the system sees mixed case then send out the reset to an all lower case version.

Need Help? Let's chat.