cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Help Needed!] Let us know about your Self-Serve password/username reset experience

@Alan_K wrote:

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Survey completed.

Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend-

Thanks @Felixbthe1 and @dna2016 for your help - we really appreciate it!

To everyone who has mentioned something to the effect of the email not arriving or taking too long, stories like that are exactly what we want to get to the bottom of, so keep the responses coming 🙂

@Alan_K 

stonechucker (where is he anyway?) has been on this for as long as I can remember. He never seemed to get the password emails. This is not new news.

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: [Help Needed!] Let us know about your Self-Serve password/username reset experience

@Alan_K , I have feedback that is somewhat related to this topic.  It has to do with changing usernames after initial account setup.  If it is done, the email address remains unchanged.  Since this is not displayed in the self serve, customers will not be aware and future attempts to do password resets will have reset emails going to potentially incorrect recipients.  This is a huge security problem aside from inconveniences.  If the intent is to continue to allow separate username and email address for the self serve accounts, each has to be separately shown in the self serve with options to change them as needed.  

Highlighted
Public Mobile

@will13am wrote:

@Alan_K , I have feedback that is somewhat related to this topic.  It has to do with changing usernames after initial account setup.  If it is done, the email address remains unchanged.  Since this is not displayed in the self serve, customers will not be aware and future attempts to do password resets will have reset emails going to potentially incorrect recipients.  This is a huge security problem aside from inconveniences.  If the intent is to continue to allow separate username and email address for the self serve accounts, each has to be separately shown in the self serve with options to change them as needed.  

Thanks for the tip @will13am , I included this as a possible reason that the password reset email won't show up in the customer's inbox within the survey to help size up this problem.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Thanks for the tip @will13am , I included this as a possible reason that the password reset email won't show up in the customer's inbox within the survey to help size up this problem.

The first reply to this thread mentioned this "tip".

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Thanks for the tip @will13am , I included this as a possible reason that the password reset email won't show up in the customer's inbox within the survey to help size up this problem.Smiley Happy

The first reply to this thread mentioned this "tip".

Context setting is important.  

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Self-serve not loading 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CalvinW  Thus reply probably won't work....i sense a site crash as replying to anything, signing in and no self serve is on the blink @Alan_K and @Tiana_V  we need a response on this one even if it's just an acknowledgement of being aware of an issue. @Dave_M  my wishlist includes stuff like this not happening and pm posting that they are on it in a timely manner!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CalvinW  13 minutes for this to post....tried to edit and it disappeared for awhile. I had to open and then close for tabs saying this site cannot be reached just to get back in again.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Suggestion:

Send a emporary password by SMS.

The same way you send a temporary password by SMS during initial account setup.

Every Public Mobile customer already has a phone which can receive SMS. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please fix the password reset system asap. Because in short it's a joke that the reset email does not show up in inbox no less than few hours and have to keep an eye out for. But appreciate you guys addressing the issue and reaching out for the survey. But in my opinion reaching out with survey with this issue is needless. Go fix it public mobile. That one is the downside when comes to public mobile.