cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Happy Valentine’s Day! Share how you spread the love for a chance to win 1 of 20 data add-ons!

@Rusty wrote:

Valentine's day is a tough day for me as is for many others. I have a fear of rejection and unfortunately I allowed one day to roll to the next too often. I have no regrets but I do get down during holidays such as valentine's day and Christmas as I have no family to celebrate with. Born and raised in Ottawa. I have often showed love for the many in need. Recently buying  late season sales for winter clothes on Amazon and shipping to the men's shelters when I'm able to. This valentines day I decided to treat myself. To love myself which is so hard to do at times. I got my first phone plan in over 10 years and am trying to connect more. I need to get out and do stuff. Having a new phone is the first step in being able to connect and love and if I do by chance find that special someone. This phone will be paramount to igniting the warmth of loving hearts. I also took myself out for dinner ignoring the looks and thoughts of couple's around me. Hrmph to you. I am enjoying.  No! I am loving me.

@Rusty   That's more like it! You may be a little rusty at love and taking that first step but youre full of compassion and empathy and that's a rare personality trait these days. Youve reached out on the community and we welcome you with open arms. Love can be shown and felt in many different ways....just get out there and make some connections. Eventually love in many forms will find you. Starting with loving yourself....once you see it in yourself and are open to it others see it too. Positivity radiates and attracts more positivity. We love that your here.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Happy Valentine’s Day! Share how you spread the love for a chance to win 1 of 20 data add-ons!

@Gwenel wrote:

Did the intimate dinner at home.  Made scallops wrapped in bacon, crab with melted butter, asparagus sautéed with cremini mushrooms and split a cheese and green onion stuffed potato. All good except that he watched curling. Intimate???😂

@Gwenel   Yummy! Got any pics to accompany your post? You should have curled up to the hubby on the couch and done some cuddling! I'm sure he would soon forget all about the curling. Hurry!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CalvinW wrote:

Baked

@CalvinW  Baked? In what way? I can think of a couple....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@JenL wrote:

@Tiana_V  this Valentine's day I spent 3.5 hours with my son having a heart to heart. We both got 25 different kinds of Lindor chocolates. It was super sweet!IMG_20200216_012753.jpg

@JenL   That reminds me of all that free lindor chocolate at Xmas courtesy of rfders. I'll show my love for @ShawnC13  for my first post lounge discussion tag. Have at it!

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, me and siblings actually went over to my mother's with a cheesecake my sister made. It was delicious! Also, I really enjoyed putting a smile on my mother's face because she's had quite the hard life; she was a genocide survivor from cambodia. We wish to make a better, happier lifestyle for her full of unconditional love and smiles. Happy valentine's!

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think the best way to show that you love someone is anticipating their needs and taking on their responsibilities as a way to lessen their load, and give them time to destress.  One example may be taking the kids away for the day to allow my wife time to herself.  Everyone needs "me time"  and providing someone with a break is often the best way to show you care.

Highlighted
Oracle

Bought a card and cooked dinner together. Then took her to see a concert the next day.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I try keeping things simple. I made a photo album for her, it had photos from the day we met till now. Named it "memories", and ofcourse the usual a card and flowers.

Highlighted

No pics, next time.  Did hit the couch with hubby, he moved on to hockey.  Guess I just need to be a good sport

Highlighted

Now you give a new and deeper meaning to the day.  Your mother is strong and blessed.