cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess What?! (Hint: We had to update our Terms of Service to do this)

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

We’ve got another BIG and EXCITING announcement to make!

US Roaming Announcement_ENG_Final.gif

We will be launching US roaming in November this year! Many members have been patiently waiting for this to arrive and we are ecstatic to be making this announcement. Members like @robbytwotwo, @carloscmd, @ckndr47, @nishufan, @McLaren, @makkahn28, @imm1304, @Cookin, @srlawren and many more have been submitting or promoting ideas about US roaming on our Public Lab, saying things like:

The plans offered here are great. I am waiting for some sort of roaming to be offered though...

And

First of all kudos to PM for such an amazing service...Now that we are growing, would love to see a ...”    

We would like to extend a huge thank you to those that submitted the idea and to those who supported the idea by giving it a bravo. We have listened to your feedback and recommendations, and are excited to be bringing this idea to life.  

Think about the convenience…the freedom… No longer will you need to purchase a different SIM card when you travel to the States. No longer will you need to travel to the States without any service at all. No longer will you have an excuse to not respond to your parents/ girlfriend/ boyfriend etc. (Whoops- that was a good thing.)

Anyway, we veered off topic just a tad. Soon you will be able to connect to AT&T and T-Mobile networks when you travel to the states. AT&T and T-Mobile’s coverage includes all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. So, whether you are travelling to the snow-capped mountains in Alaska or to Florida's sunny beaches, we will have you covered.

In order to roam, you will have the flexibility to choose 10 day Add-ons that include talk only, text only, data only or a bundle of all three services. We are still finalizing the Add- on price points and the exact launch date, so stay tuned for more information. We have also updated our Terms of Service to incorporate US roaming, so please be sure to read it here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

180 REPLIES 180

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren, no formal announcements have been made yet. I promise that as soon as things are finalized I will let you know Smiley Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

makkahn28 wrote:

Price point would probably be flat rate, like $8, example, forgoing the .99

@makkahn28 have you been told something we haven't?  I don't think we've been given any indication on pricing yet?

@Brooke_C just a reminder that we are all waiting patiently to hear the details and pricing on this new option!  Please, don't keep us waiting too long 😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

4siu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great!!!

Spoiler
Man Very Happy

good job PM... dont have worry to use my phone anymore while going states.

Price point would probably be flat rate, like $8, example, forgoing the .99

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Amazing. I will stay wired for this improvment. 

Keep up the good work PM

Rick

Thats great news that we have US roaming.....whats the price going to be like?

I will say this, I hope Roam will be useful and handy.

I will say this, the 10 Day set up maybe somewhat troubling, to a certain degree, I would have preferred the when Phone interacts with US tower uses a day, and 60 days to use the 10 day worth before expiry, BUT if they had a # of Mins and Txt, similar to how Add-Ons are set up, then would be more palatable.

But PM is starting a new concept, so I think let's see what happens, as this can help PM learn and redesign concepts that work

I find Global Txt to be more simple, and direct on point to description

srlawren

@Angelic_Fille90 that has been available for a very long time.  It used to be known as the International texting plan option, and now it's simply named Global texting in the newer plans.

@brew99 yep!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

brew99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Isn't that what PM's "Global" txt plan is for?

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

THAT'S GREAT! Cat Happy

But... when will you offer text to USA? Cat Sad

I would think Mexico would be logical next step.  But place like the Dominican Republic, the Virgin Islands, and the UK would be on my favourites list.

If US is a success, what other Frontiers should PM expand Roam to?

Just curious, as it can be exciting

Hoping PM has the edge in the Roam options. 

Still, for ppl on Legacy plans, like $19 and $25 GF plans, will they be eligible to enjoy Roam Add-Ons as well?

Chris1223
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm so happy, I can finally go to the states without having to switch SIM cards everytime.

srlawren

@smp99 wrote:

Koodo Prepaid - not surprisingly - is also (basically) confirming an upcoming announcement on USA Roaming. It would be interesting if they had different terms. 

@smp99 oh interesting!  Yeah I suppose they may well have worked on this together.  Thanks for letting us know.

samgabbay

When you leave for the us and see that PM is just going insane on improvements

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Koodo Prepaid - not surprisingly - is also (basically) confirming an upcoming announcement on USA Roaming. It would be interesting if they had different terms. 

kutzki
Nice, everyone forget about me now that I've been gone for a lil bit? 😛

I'm so happy Roam has become a Public phenomenal happy beginning, here's the thing, I have a Vacation in Dec, BUT, its in Cuba, Too bad PM hasn't had some Viva La'Havana magic yet, but hoping that US Roam will pave the Bright Citrus Orange Carpet to the World, Like Cuba, Mexico, or some fine dining in Paris, to Vietnam, where tasty Mangos are so ripe and full of flavor, yum.

PM, please, Please, PLEASE, Make the Roaming Dream come true, before a theater near You.

Cuba, when my Mama went, just a phone call was $15 a Min, $$$ spent on a phone call.

Can't wait for PM's Nxt and fascinating announcements and adventures, lol

Rockdaddy22
I'll get back to you on this one lol

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 mull it over a bit

Rockdaddy22
@srlawren I'm not sure if I'm sure 🤔 lol

Korth
Mayor / Maire

This is a good thing and I'm happy.  Not for me but some of my friends will love it.

Apparently I've already implicitly agreed to explicitly agree to any and all future changes on the Terms of Service, lol.

JMCD

This is great news, excellent move by the PM team. To my knowledge, this will be the first/only prepaid option that allows any roaming. Looking forward to seeing the options. Keep up the good work!

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 are you sure about that?  LOL.

Rockdaddy22

Well, the image looks more like individual light bulbs, retro, the good ol days.

Neon lights would be more fancy

srlawren

@makkahn28 wrote:

Wondering: If PM has agreements with At&T and T-Mobile, what bout Verizon, Big names, better coverage, stable results

@makkahn28 AT&T combined with T-Mobile should provide adequate coverage almost everywhere.  In fact, I recently saw a headline where T-Mobile claim Verizon no longer has a coverage advantage over them.  I didn't read the details, just remember the headline.  AT&T of course is no slouch either!

Verizon would be a poor choice because other than some VoLTE coverage, their talk and text is all run on a legacy CDMA network, which would be incompatible with many, many PM customers' phones (mine included).  Same story with Sprint.  

(EDIT:  @kav2001c beat me to this while I was typing this lengthy reply 🙂 )

Having used Roam Mobility for a few years now, which operates on the T-Mobile network, I can personally attest the an excellent network from Blaine south to Seattle, and also in Waikiki/Honolulu.  Oh right the first time I used Roam I believe I was in San Francisco, which was also great.  So, add AT&T on top of that, and we should be golden.

@kav2001c wrote:

@Brooke_C just a question regarding the graphic, it seems to imply Alaskan roaming is included but not Hawaii?

@kav2001c I'm guessing it's a graphical limitation.  T-Mobile definitely has some great coverage in Hawaii, and I would assume AT&T does too.  So unless it's some weird quirk of the roaming agreement that was negotiated with those carriers, I would think it's a weird quirk of the image.  🙂

@makkahn28 wrote:

Wondering: If PM has agreements with At&T and T-Mobile, what bout Verizon, Big names, better coverage, stable results

@makkahn28 wrong network, Sprint & Verizon are not compatible with Telus/Public 

Need Help? Let's chat.