cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Good things come in two!

This is an awesome goodwill gesture.  At this point, I only need to spend $7 on my next renewal in September.

Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K while this is very nice of you to do (and, realistically, is the right thing to do when there is an error in your customer(s)' favour), if your explanation of clicking the button twice is technically correct and not just a cute hyperbole, then you have some developer(s) that need to be shown the door! 

A script or process like this absolutely 100% needs to be "rerunnable", by first checking if the appropriate credit has already been posted before posting one.  If written correctly, this process should be runnable an infinite number of times in a given month and never credit anyone more than once in that month.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Oh boy, I can’t wait to check my account! It was me who was notified of a top 25% but no $$ showed up at all. Moderators gave me a $2 bump to my running credit total to cover it but of course others inadvertently got double that. I’m going to take a look now.... wish me luck!

Terry

I am  back!

LOL...  “Site temporarily unavailable for maintenance. Please try again later.“

oh well ... I guess it’s really broken now!

Terry

Second Edit:

Yes I now have a $2 Community Credit that wasn’t there before. So it looks as though it was just a glitch for some reason the first time where the $$ credit didn’t show up on my community reward  line.

Terry

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Image result for double jeopardy

Double jeopardy should be avoided anyway — be it Punishment or Reward. Image result for Smiley

double? why I did not see any bonus on my account?

Mayor / Maire

@missorange 

When was your last payment due?  Maybe check your payment history.  For May community reward, it is suppose to be double.  Checked your avatar and you were on the 25% badge last month, so normally would get $2 credit.  Supposedly, you should have gotten $4.  

My account self service account just shows 1X reward now, but my due date is not until July 2.  I will monitor and see what happens on my due date.  

Mayor / Maire

@missorange wrote:

double? why I did not see any bonus on my account?

You hit the Top 25% level for May as noted by your badge on June 7. Normally that would have meant a $2 reward. Many (most?) participants got twice the reward for an inexplicable double click. Therefore, for you, $4.

Check your payment history for the amounts transacted on your account.

by the by...thank you for honouring this Alan_K.

Edit: ninja'd by speedy Dunkman Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks.   Good to keep it.  Next month the same, ok! Smiley HappyCat Frustrated

@Dunkman @z10user4 yes, it was 4. but I remember I got two solution in May, only $2? lol

Mayor / Maire

@missorange wrote:

@Dunkman @z10user4 yes, it was 4. but I remember I got two solution in May, only $2? lol

It's an unknown calculation/weighting of posts and bravo's and solutions including the total participation of those by others.

I recommend just participating however much you like and let the rewards happen on their own.

Regulars here have a saying...it would be more profitable getting bottle deposit refunds than putting in the time here.

I like helping people. I have *some* time. But I seem to have spent WAY more time than what's good for me (and my spouse).