cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good things come in two!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

If you were eligible for a May 2019 Community Reward, you may have noticed the amount was not what you were expecting. That’s because we accidentally hit the “Go” button twice, and everyone ended up with double their Reward amount! You can blame our slippery fingers 🙂

Now you might be wondering, what does this mean for my account credit? Well, since we love & appreciate our Community members, we’re happy to say that the double credit for this past month won’t be going anywhere- think of it as a token of our appreciation 🙂 

Thank you for your continued contribution and participation in our Community!

-Public Mobile Community Team

49 REPLIES 49

@Routanne wrote:

My extra credit was removed, it only shows up the one credit, and my bill was the same as every other month. If you were talking about next month, it still only shows 1 credit pending.

I'm not that worried about $2, moreso the fact Public Mobile saying they aren't removing the extra credits but then they do.

The credits were removed before Public Mobile had said anything about it.  Public then came here to announce that they would repay any rewards that were removed.  Since you never got it back, you would have to ask Moderator_Team about this.  It's up to you if you want to take a few minutes to send them a private mesaage.  However, looking at your Community badges, I don't see any months when Community rewards would have been paid to you.

Routanne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My extra credit was removed, it only shows up the one credit, and my bill was the same as every other month. If you were talking about next month, it still only shows 1 credit pending.

I'm not that worried about $2, moreso the fact Public Mobile saying they aren't removing the extra credits but then they do.

pgermaine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That’s great news. I’ve only been with PM for a couple months but love the service and have referred 4 family members and a friend. 

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SD08   I have checked and it is not there, have contacted mods to see what happened.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dmbcanada wrote:

Is this the correct badge to get a community reward?  If so, I never got my reward on my account.  March Badge.JPG

@dmbcanada 

The March rewards were actually credited around the night of April 6th.  Since you've most likely had a renewal of your plan since then, your community reward would have been used up at the first renewal after that date.  Check your payment transaction history for an entry labelled "Reward - Community  $2" after April 6th.  If it's not there, contact the Moderators as mentioned.

@dmbcanada wrote:

Is this the correct badge to get a community reward?  If so, I never got my reward on my account.  March Badge.JPG

Yes, that means that you should have received a $2 reward a few months ago.  If you never got it, send a message to Moderator_Team using this link: https:/productioncommunityypublicmobilee.cat55/notescomposepagee/note-to-user-id/22437

dmbcanada

zork1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you.  Thank you.

(Good things come in two Smiley Happy)

sunflowershine

Thank you!

zfx

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

If you were eligible for a May 2019 Community Reward, you may have noticed the amount was not what you were expecting. That’s because we accidentally hit the “Go” button twice, and everyone ended up with double their Reward amount! You can blame our slippery fingers 🙂

Now you might be wondering, what does this mean for my account credit? Well, since we love & appreciate our Community members, we’re happy to say that the double credit for this past month won’t be going anywhere- think of it as a token of our appreciation 🙂 

Thank you for your continued contribution and participation in our Community!

-Public Mobile Community Team

Try triple hits next time!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steff12321 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@steff12321 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For April you ought to have earned $5. For some reason you got $15. For May you earned $1. For some reason you got $10. Edit: and it arrived days before they were distributed for May.

That's only talking about community rewards.

Shhh 🙂

I see your confusion, I am also getting the $10 off for 6 months promo, which shows up as $10 credit. In April I got $14 total, being from those $10 credit + $2 autopay + $2 refer a friend. 

I see 3 $10 Credits yes.

But what I also see is a $10 Reward - Community on June 2 which is early and $15 Reward - Community on May 10 which is close enough. I'd say you've been richly rewarded.

Then you have your autopay and refer-a-friend rewards.

Edit: come to think of it...the May 10 is the odd one other than the way over reward on June 2. That June 2 would be for the prior May distribution of the April reward. The May 10 one is off of anything resembling a schedule. It was the credits that could appear whenever. The rewards are supposed to convert at renewal.

If you're curious enough...track back through your payment history and see if that May one is simply catching you up. Although it certainly shouldn't be that much.

I think I see what happened. The May 10th $15 was a manual application of the May $10 community reward + $2 autopay and $3 refer a friend. Then I think I got the $10 again (which this thread is in regards to) but was supposed to get $0 in June as I was on holidays a few weeks and didn't come on the forum. 

So this is a bit of a mind-bender but I think I got it figured.

Here's what I see:
Your May 3 renewal is where things got confused.
It should have had $5 from the March reward that was distributed on Apr 10 that would then show up on your May 3 renewal.
It also should presumably have had $2 autopay and $2 (or $3) refer-a-friend.

Jun 2 renewal should have had $5 from the April reward that was distributed on May 8 that would then show up on your Jun 2 renewal.

Then this coming Jul 3, it should have the funny double reward of $2 (originally really $1) from May that was distributed on Jun 7 that would then show up on your Jul 3 renewal.

You got _no_ rewards on your normal May 3 renewal. So now you're behind what should have been 5 + 2 + 2 (or 3). Then, for some unknown reason out of the blue on May 10 you got $15.

And your normal Jun 2 renewal got all of $10 that should have been $5. And the other normal rewards re-appeared.

So I think you're up $11 (or $12)  before your July renewal that should get the double $1.

As far as I understand things anyway. 🙂

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@steff12321 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For April you ought to have earned $5. For some reason you got $15. For May you earned $1. For some reason you got $10. Edit: and it arrived days before they were distributed for May.

Shhh 🙂

I see your confusion, I am also getting the $10 off for 6 months promo, which shows up as $10 credit. In April I got $14 total, being from those $10 credit + $2 autopay + $2 refer a friend. 

I see 3 $10 Credits yes.

But what I also see is a $10 Reward - Community on June 2 which is early and $15 Reward - Community on May 10 which is close enough. I'd say you've been richly rewarded.

Edit: come to think of it...the May 10 is the odd one other than the way over reward on June 2. That June 2 would be for the prior May distribution of the April reward. The May 10 one is off of anything resembling a schedule. It was the credits that could appear whenever. The rewards are supposed to convert at renewal.

If you're curious enough...track back through your payment history and see if that May one is simply catching you up. Although it certainly shouldn't be that much.

I think I see what happened. The May 10th $15 was a manual application of the May $10 community reward + $2 autopay and $3 refer a friend. Then I think I got the $10 again (which this thread is in regards to) but was supposed to get $0 in June as I was on holidays a few weeks and didn't come on the forum. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steff12321 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Shhh 🙂

I see 3 $10 Credits yes.

steff12321

@Anonymous wrote:

Shhh 🙂

Just looked now @Alan_K . I was showing a $2 community reward for being top 25% in May.  Now it adjusted down to $1.

My case is a little different though as initially no $$ showed up in community after I was notified of top 25% in early June for month of May. The $2 only showed up yesterday when you announced you had restored the double Payment.

So I never got the initial Payment for some reason, got the second $2 Payment though which is now showing $1. I am likely an anomaly due to a glitch not delivering the initial $2 reward.

Terry

Alan_K

@Dunkman wrote:

@Alan_K 

Thanks for update. 

The extra double credit was removed from my account about one week ago.  Also, other community members had their extra credit removed.  

Does that mean we will get the extra credit again?  

What we're seeing is when you hit the actual renewal date the Reward doubles despite it showing the 1X amount in the portal.

We just made an adjustment to everyone seeing that glitch and you should see the proper predicted amount. Anyone able to confirm for us here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steff12321 wrote:

Hmm I don't think I got the reward twice? I didn't get it in the first place and was applied manually by mods. I have been blessed with credits especially when there was the $25 referral bonus, so I don't want to ask for a credit that I shouldn't have gotten in the first place... but can anyone check my transaction history and confirm? https://i.gyazo.com/a5856b67a89f8858ab68d45b672ddd92.png

May 10th I got the $15 reward, 10 community, 3 referral and 2 auto pay applied manually. Then I see the next community reward coming in on June 2 for the following renewal. Don't see anywhere it was done twice. 

I would say you've profited handsomely.

Shhh 🙂

steff12321

Hmm I don't think I got the reward twice? I didn't get it in the first place and was applied manually by mods. I have been blessed with credits especially when there was the $25 referral bonus, so I don't want to ask for a credit that I shouldn't have gotten in the first place... but can anyone check my transaction history and confirm? https://i.gyazo.com/a5856b67a89f8858ab68d45b672ddd92.png

May 10th I got the $15 reward, 10 community, 3 referral and 2 auto pay applied manually. Then I see the next community reward coming in on June 2 for the following renewal. Don't see anywhere it was done twice. 

dna2016

@Alan_K  Nice to know that PM will honour their mistakes, that's great customer service at it's best.  

But **bleep** I should have been more active in the community, I could have gotten a lot more.  Hey for next time give me a heads up *wink wink* lol. Smiley LOL

PMFanatic

@Alan_K  a BIG "Thank You!!Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

@Dunkman @Anonymous yes, it was 4. but I remember I got two solution in May, only $2? lol

It's an unknown calculation/weighting of posts and bravo's and solutions including the total participation of those by others.

I recommend just participating however much you like and let the rewards happen on their own.

Regulars here have a saying...it would be more profitable getting bottle deposit refunds than putting in the time here.

I like helping people. I have *some* time. But I seem to have spent WAY more time than what's good for me (and my spouse).

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dunkman @Anonymous yes, it was 4. but I remember I got two solution in May, only $2? lol

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Thanks.   Good to keep it.  Next month the same, ok! Smiley HappyCat Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

double? why I did not see any bonus on my account?

You hit the Top 25% level for May as noted by your badge on June 7. Normally that would have meant a $2 reward. Many (most?) participants got twice the reward for an inexplicable double click. Therefore, for you, $4.

Check your payment history for the amounts transacted on your account.

by the by...thank you for honouring this Alan_K.

Edit: ninja'd by speedy Dunkman 🙂

@missorange 

When was your last payment due?  Maybe check your payment history.  For May community reward, it is suppose to be double.  Checked your avatar and you were on the 25% badge last month, so normally would get $2 credit.  Supposedly, you should have gotten $4.  

My account self service account just shows 1X reward now, but my due date is not until July 2.  I will monitor and see what happens on my due date.  

missorange

double? why I did not see any bonus on my account?

sa7375

Image result for double jeopardy

Double jeopardy should be avoided anyway — be it Punishment or Reward. Image result for Smiley

Oh boy, I can’t wait to check my account! It was me who was notified of a top 25% but no $$ showed up at all. Moderators gave me a $2 bump to my running credit total to cover it but of course others inadvertently got double that. I’m going to take a look now.... wish me luck!

Terry

I am  back!

LOL...  “Site temporarily unavailable for maintenance. Please try again later.“

oh well ... I guess it’s really broken now!

Terry

Second Edit:

Yes I now have a $2 Community Credit that wasn’t there before. So it looks as though it was just a glitch for some reason the first time where the $$ credit didn’t show up on my community reward  line.

Terry

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K while this is very nice of you to do (and, realistically, is the right thing to do when there is an error in your customer(s)' favour), if your explanation of clicking the button twice is technically correct and not just a cute hyperbole, then you have some developer(s) that need to be shown the door! 

A script or process like this absolutely 100% needs to be "rerunnable", by first checking if the appropriate credit has already been posted before posting one.  If written correctly, this process should be runnable an infinite number of times in a given month and never credit anyone more than once in that month.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

This is an awesome goodwill gesture.  At this point, I only need to spend $7 on my next renewal in September.

Need Help? Let's chat.