cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 when you sign up for a Public Mobile 30-day plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Edit: This offer will be extended until April 3rd, 2018. 

Effective 1:00PM Eastern time today, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30-day plan! This will be applied as a credit and the offer is available to new customers only until April 2nd, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card from now until April 2nd, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days.  
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $32 for 1GB at 3G speed promotion, your account will be credited $32 within 72 hours of activating
    • This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store at one of our retail partner locations, which can be found here.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • Due to the short promotional timeframe, SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each), as we cannot guarantee that they will arrive before the promotion ends.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

-Public Mobile Community Team

142 REPLIES 142

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smnbld 

Your plan is still cost only $30! Only new customers, who signup after promotion is ended, they are paying $35 per month.

Whatever left of a credit after paying your bill will carryover to the next month.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @smnbld,

thank you for getting in touch with us regarding the recent promotion!

If the plan you chose upon activation cost 35$, you should have received a credit equivalent to that (not less than the cost of your plan). Please feel free to send us a private message if you'd like for us to verify this and make sure the correct amount was applied to your account.

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

smnbld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I signed up with the promotion at WOW Mobile for the 30$/1GB plan and I have a 34$ credit in my account. How will renewal work now that the plan seems to cost 35$ a month?

bcfirstbcfirst

They will credit you within a couple of days. I got a credit today from yesterday

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't think it's there, it was listed as the first plan. I was hoping it would be extended too, but it appears it wasn't. The current $35 "featured" plan is just that (featured), it's not a discount in any way.

=aw

sdt1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know if the 30/$30 plan is still available during activation for new customers? I cannot seem to reach a Mod about this, and I can't see the plans until 'Step 2' in the activation process. I don't want to activate with the extended free 2nd month/SIM offer unless I can also still access that plan for new customers. Cheers.

@LEGOwrote:

@Luddite At the beginning of this tread Brooke_C added a note that this offer is extended, but it does not specifies the time of expiration!

Thanks. My eyes are too old. Robot Frustrated

If the retailer will not provide a free SIM do an online activation then request a SIM credit from the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@LEGO

Looks like it's till the end of today.

LEGO

@Luddite At the beginning of this tread Brooke_C added a note that this offer is extended, but it does not specifies the time of expiration!

It's over unless someone can find a message from a Public Mobile employee saying different.

LEGO

@Gene1 Maybe they are not aware that this deal was extended? Show them this tread.

damenace

If the deal is over, it is over right?

Gene1

How can we still get this deal that was extended until today April 3rd. I just called WOW Mobile and they said they have no way to process this deal anymore?

LEGO

@kk44 You will receive full promotion. There is always staff at the counter at Walmart, but... if there is none, based on people posts here, you can get a credit, just notify Moderators Team. The Moderator Team can be reached via private message using this link

kk44

seems in Victoria BC, there is no Wow Mobile or Kmobile, just walmart. If i have to buy the sim card but there's no staff counter to do the promo, do I get any of the promotion?

@ottawa Encourage your friend to provide your number in the Referral box; you would then receive an additional $1/30 days Reward. Robot Very Happy

@datasunnywrote:

No more $30 for 1GB data plan? was going to switch today..

Sadly, that promo is no longer available. So, redo your analysis to determine if switching is still worthwhile; usually it is.

datasunny

No more $30 for 1GB data plan? was going to switch today..

ottawa

Yeah and the $35 is not limited to new customers. As you say it's just the regular price (assuming the 1GB is 3G).

With my newfound $6 Rewards ($3+$3) it would be $29 which is competitive but not useable outside home province. Adding Canada-wide and 4G would be $47-$8=$39 which is very attractive except against Videotron (but they require a group of 3|4 lines to beat it).

It's too bad, my friend could have used the $30 promotional plan (she's signing up today).

=aw

@Someone_herewrote:
I think that offer ($30/month with 1 gb) doesn't have an expiration date.

Or maybe I miss something.

The promo was valid up to Apr 2nd 2018 ... and I think it's already gone, I can't find it anymore.  The "Featured Plan" is now this $35, 30 day, 1GB 3G promo - which would normally cost $37 per 30 days and would actually be cheaper ($99 every 90 days = $33 every 30 days) as an equivalent 90 day "Build your own plan" with AutoPay.

@ottawawrote:

Did the $30 promotional offer for new customers (also expiring Apr 2) also get extended to Apr 3? 

I think that offer ($30/month with 1 gb) doesn't have an expiration date.

Or maybe I miss something.

My bad, sorry!

ottawa

The Free SIM and Free Month offer was extended from Apr 2 to Apr 3. A friend is going to try and do it on Apr 3.

Did the $30 promotional offer for new customers (also expiring Apr 2) also get extended to Apr 3?

Thanks!

=aw

ottawa

@Korthwrote:

You're technically correct.  The best kind of correct!

So technically it will be your second month that's free (if you think like a customer), or technically it was your first month that was free (if you think like an accountant).

I'm not sure an accountant would see it as first month free. They might attribute it across the two months, but since you lose (I assume) the discount if you cancel after first month, I'd expect my accountant to want to accrue the income against month 1 and not month 2 (if I offered such a deal, and if the two months spanned my fiscal years, for example).

From a customer's POV, you're not getting "your next 30 days of service for $0" in any way shape or form. H2O (US) had a promotion that was "free month" (month 2) or "2 for the price of 1" with what was essentially the same deal (sign up for a month, get second month free).

Not that any of this changes reality, but the offer as written made me think there was a coupon code or something that got me a free first month. In fact, if they made you pay the 2nd month up-front but would refund it if you cancelled by day 30, _that_ would be "your next 30 days free" while still forcing you to make some commitment.

=aw

Did they gave you a free SIM? Because they should have, even if many people have reported not being able to get it...

@Vishalbosuwrote:

I went to three Walmart locations to activate $50 plan. They said they are unable to do it. I want to know reason. Thanks 

You can activate online. They probably use the same activation portal and it's better if you do it yourself anyways. 

Vishalbosu

I went to three Walmart locations to activate $50 plan. They said they are unable to do it. I want to know reason. Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't hurt to ask...

Brent01

@Anonymouswrote:

@Brent01, Several others have mentioned the same situation.  I don't think PM will reimburse for the SIM.  Seems to be a retailer side thing (unfortunately).

Hmm, well hopefully PM will do the right thing and take corporate responsibility. I followed the instructions in the promotion. They ported my phone over within an hour today - impressive. Don't want that good feeling to evaporate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brent01, Several others have mentioned the same situation.  I don't think PM will reimburse for the SIM.  Seems to be a retailer side thing (unfortunately).

horemansus

@Brent01wrote:

I went to the nearest partner location to get a SIM - Wow Mobile Boutique at Pacific Centre. The retailer sayed they don't activate SIMS and to do it online which I did and signed up for the 30 day featured plan. Does this mean I'm not going to get reimbursed for the SIM? 

Seems like it. The SIM was free at Walmart (although the rep had to check first)

Looks like the WOW rep pulled the wow over you. I have not seen anything in the announcements about a sim refund.. just the $32 credit within 72 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.