cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

Give the WOW kiosk

@Mercman wrote:

Yes, I signed up for the $25 plan.  It is difficult for me to go back to WoW as I live 1.5 hours away where my brother lives.  I had to have him accompany me so that I could keep my cell number.  I was on a family plan in his name and he had to be there to authorize the unlocking of the phone and the service termination with Rogers.  Do I have to go back to WoW (1.5 hours away)?

Give the WOW mobile kiosk a call and see why the credit wasn't provided as you've met the conditions of the offer. Ask your brother to drop by and enquire on your behalf, if you can't find a contact number for them.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wish I knew that earlier. But I did go to the mobile shop today.  I didn't know Walmart has. Or I would done it there.  I waited in the Mobile shop they kept selling freedom and lucky mobile to me.  After more than an hour they finally told me they sold out the public mobile sim card 😤😤 so I went to London drug bought a sim card activated by myself.  To qualify the next 30 day $0.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@janezhen wrote:

I wish I knew that earlier. But I did go to the mobile shop today.  I didn't know Walmart has. Or I would done it there.  I waited in the Mobile shop they kept selling freedom and lucky mobile to me.  After more than an hour they finally told me they sold out the public mobile sim card 

Why didn't thet tell you that at the start? At least you got one.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@janezhen wrote:

I wish I knew that earlier. But I did go to the mobile shop today.  I didn't know Walmart has. Or I would done it there.  I waited in the Mobile shop they kept selling freedom and lucky mobile to me.  After more than an hour they finally told me they sold out the public mobile sim card 😤😤 so I went to London drug bought a sim card activated by myself.  To qualify the next 30 day $0.

@janezhen  London drugs didn't offer to activate in store for you? Despite not being listed for the free SIM card offer they do price match. I slipped in under the wire today activating for a friend who couldn't make it out today. Free sim card from London drugs today when I had them activate it in store I called ahead to make sure they would give a free SIM card.

LJW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a SIM card at London Drugs on Friday, I was charged for it....

@LJW  You can go back ad ask them to price match the free SIM card. They will do it retroactively  as long as you activated it in store. Bring your reciept and activation print out and ask to speak to the manager. Read their price match policy online so you are familiar with the conditions and you can refer to the Broadway and cambie location in Vancouver as a location that has done it on more than one occasion. Just be understanding that "not all of the employees were aware of the additonal promotion that was stackable with the second month free flash sale." Of course one of the reasons you shop at london drugs is that they have such a great customer service guarantee and have great prices to compete with other retailers by offering their price match policy to loyal customers like yourself.

LJW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@darliciousThank you, I just called and they said the same thing. Then they said that there is a $30 activation fee as well......I was not charged this so maybe I should leave it alone!? I was only charged the $11 or so for the card. IDK

@LJW  Geez what location did you use? There are no activation fees for public mobile. The fact that a large retailer would try to charge you a non existent fee is incredulous to me. I suppose anything possible something similar happened to a community member at Wal-Mart. I personally would be calling the manager and complaining but what you choose to do is your personal choice....I give excellent customer service so I tend to demand it in return. I'd be pretty mad right now that this particular location has now reneged on their two main service commitments in their retail philosophy .

@Mercman wrote:

Yes, I signed up for the $25 plan.  It is difficult for me to go back to WoW as I live 1.5 hours away where my brother lives.  I had to have him accompany me so that I could keep my cell number.  I was on a family plan in his name and he had to be there to authorize the unlocking of the phone and the service termination with Rogers.  Do I have to go back to wow mobile? I.5 hrs away!

@MercmanDid you pay by credit card? You could call the manager of the store and ask for it to be credited back to you as long as you can supply them the receipt and any relevant information. Or ask that next time you are in the area that they either refund it back to your card then or Get a free SIM card to have as a spare or for someone you refer who is also close to you but not to a retailer  that sell pm SIM cards for the next online only activation promotion. (They could then mail you one.) You could save the day for someone and guarantee yourself a referral. It would be extra advantageous during a bonus referral promo where you both get account credits.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No. They didn't offer me that. They posted the SIM card price is $9.99.