cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@closng wrote:

@Korth wrote:

You can always message the mods to get your referral added after you've activated your account(s), the referred and referring accounts can be adjusted afterwards as needed.  Your new Referral Reward and your new referral's sign-on bonus won't be applied to your accounts until your next billing cycles anyhow, so nothing lost by having your device(s) activated by a rep at Walmart.

I don't believe the referral can be added after activation.

That was also my conclusion after reading everything here… That the referral cannot be added after activation.

closng

@Korth wrote:

You can always message the mods to get your referral added after you've activated your account(s), the referred and referring accounts can be adjusted afterwards as needed.  Your new Referral Reward and your new referral's sign-on bonus won't be applied to your accounts until your next billing cycles anyhow, so nothing lost by having your device(s) activated by a rep at Walmart.

I don't believe the referral can be added after activation.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

LEGO

@danlee wrote:

This is only Good for Talk & Text $25 plan and you are not allow to use referal..  

That is not correct!

This promotion is good for all Talk + Text plans without Data.

There is no restriction regarding referral. You just have to tell Walmart associate to input referral number for you at the time of SIM activation.

One of the people here, used my phone as referral with this promotion.  Woman Happy

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is only Good for Talk & Text $25 plan and you are not allow to use referal..  

Seem like PM is giving Walmart the referal $$$ than to PM customers.

Please do better attractive incentive if PM wana attract a wider customer based.

*  PM should allow customer to refer their friends to enjoy the $20 credits plus they get $incentive program. 

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

"....$0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location. . . . . . "

Yes I did pickup a SIM card at local Walmart here in YYC, activated as required instore 3:57pm on a 90 day plan,  and still paid  $10+tx. 

So

Less than 2 hrs later saw this 'ad'   . . .  but did not see   $0 SIM card purchase nor mentioned by wal' wireless dept staff !!

And this acquisition occurred second time since first visit over noonhours I did not have phone, my number memorized nor referral ph #  ... nor would they sell a SIM unless activated instore at time of purchase.

doug c

p.s. presently waiting for porting original (711SO) number over.

Belivo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing for me. All went well. 

I recommend changing your password once home .

vuhoang

In my case, I created the public mobile account on the spot (i.e. using the computer in Walmart store) and then the employee activated/linked a SIM card to the account. 

@ed94acount credit is applied by Public not Walmart

So activating in store whether employee has heard of promo or not will still work

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_Chow does one activate a SIM at a Walmart???

Unless you are giving store employee your email + password???

I'm missing something here.... Cat Frustrated

ed94

Good idea!

ed94

Thanks for the info!

vuhoang

No. In my case, the guy at Walmart created an invoice for $10 for the SIM and then added a $10 discount code so I owed nothing.  

awcm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No one has talked about it, but is there any sort of activation fee from Walmart to sign you up or from PM? I’m guessing no since there’s no mention of this. In that case the only fee is to buy the SIM card, which is waived with this promo. 

smp99

I would wait a little longer. But to resolve this you would need to send a private message to a moderator

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator 

vuhoang

Hello. I registered my dad for this plan on Sunday and I still don't see the credits in the account. I believe the ad said that they would appear within 72 hours. Is there anyone I can contact about this? Thanks. 

It shouldn't be a problem. You tell family and friends, and when they enter into the system who refer them, that's when Walmart enters your referral name. Now, if Walmart doesn't do that, I guess the Walmart employee if they have a PUblic Mobile account could enter in their name too!

smp99

@wenjie wrote:

I have been using public mobile for 2 years and can get 2$ off for my loyaty. if I change my plan into this $10 plsn, can I still get the $2 deduction for loyalty and another 2$ dedection for auto pay, say totaly $6 per 30 days? 

Yes you can change to the $10 plan. Yes you will keep your loyalty credit and an auto-pay credit ($4 per 30days). You will not get a 2nd auto-pay credit and you will not get the $20 one time account credit. You wont get a free sim because you don't need one, you would keep the same sim you have now. 

LEGO

@wenjie This offer is available to new customers only until June 30, 2018.

wenjie

I have been using public mobile for 2 years and can get 2$ off for my loyaty. if I change my plan into this $10 plsn, can I still get the $2 deduction for loyalty and another 2$ dedection for auto pay, say totaly $6 per 30 days? 

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Be cautious about trying to get a public mobile Sim Card from Wal Mart in Canada.I asked the clerk in the electronics department of they sold sim cards for Public Mobile and he said no then looked at me like I had leprosy.I ended up ordering one online from the public mobile site,it arrived in 5 days  🙂

LEGO

@JennaMacKay You may try to send a private message to a Moderator_Team and explain your situation!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Belivo

That's wrong. It's a great deal and you should of got it. 

Not sure if anyone on this forum can assist with that.

JennaMacKay

I just bought a Public SIM today at Walmart to set up a new talk + text plan/account with Public and they did not tell me about this promotion. In fact they actively discouraged me from buying a Public SIM. I wish I knew about this. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Belivo, hi there! 

Can you please have your friend activate his SIM Card with a random phone# at Walmart; once that's done, he can then try to do the port at home through his self-serve account. If he's not able to do it on his own, he can contact us here on the community and we should assist him with it. 

Hopefully this helps! 

Belivo

Referred a co-worker to this yesterday. 

He went to Trinity Wal-Mart in Moncton NB. 

He had a PC Mobile # to port,  so the employee tried to get his number ported and couldn't. The employee recommended he do it on his own at home. But he explained he was there for the 20$ credit and free SIM. Went home dissapointed....any information someone can share? he will be trying to other local Wal-Mart tonight.

ElaCanada

I switched from Bell (4 Lines) and got the offer ..... Thank you Public Mobile and Walmart

LEGO

@pankajg86 

• 1) Talk+Text plans only, wait for the credit within 72 hours
  • 2) It is up to you, I see some people changed their plans after receiving credit
  • 3) You can request port change at the time of SIM activation OR if you just want to first try Public Mobile out, you may take a new number and when satisfied with service, then port your Chatr number out.

LEGO

@ed94 This promotion is for all Walmarts. Walmart associates do not have current information on all promotions, unless they are intentionally following Public Mobile. You should have shown them first post of this tread to get it.

pankajg86

Hi Everyone, 

I am new here and just trying to get a hang of this deal.

Can someone pls answer/ clarify these

1. This promo is only for talk+text plans and not for $30 talk text and data plan. 

So, I will have to get the $10 Plan and then wait for $20 credit that comes in 3 days. 

Is this right ?

2. If above holds true, Can I change to $30 Plan anytime after i get the credit? 

OR

DO i have to wait 30 days for changing the plan.

3. Lastly, can i give a port request to my existing Chatr number when i take and activate the sim by walmart 

OR

I have to take a new number ?

OR

I read somewhere on the forum that i have to take new number and then i can change the number by porting my existing one ?

I am so confused. Pls advise.

Need Help? Let's chat.