cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

m199
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated at Walmart and they asked me for the number to use for the referral. So no, Walmart does not take the referral.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yiatiohi Yes! Woman Wink

Yiatiohi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does this offer include Walmarts in Canada? 

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! This offer is available to new customers only until June 30, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location from now until June 30, 2018, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Well, it could have been worse.

Imagine IF K-Mart was still kickin in Canada

Attention K-Mart Shoppers, Public Mobile in aisle 9

@djmitch99

I think a new account with a new phone number = a new customer.  Which will start "from scratch" with no billing history and none of the Loyalty/etc Rewards accumulated on your existing account.  You may need to register it with a different email.  You can probably use it as a Referral Reward.

PM and Walmart have preemptively coordinated all the problematic little details better on this promo rollout.  Korth approves!

djmitch99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I already have a line and was thinking of getting a second line, will this promotion be available to me?  It says new customers only, wasnt sure if that meant you cant use it on a current account but opening a second line is ok,

@LEGO wrote:

@Brooke_C Is $10 plan eligible for this promotion?

Yes according to this user on RFD: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-free-sim-20-bill-credit-30-90-days-talk-text-plans-walm...

@MacMe wrote:

Thanks NDesai ! I assume Walmart gets the referral and someone else can't refer me?

Not exactly sure, but as Luddite mentioned, you can try telling them to use referrer's number. 

LEGO

Is $10 plan eligible for this promotion? Woman Frustrated

@MacMe wrote:

Thanks NDesai ! I assume Walmart gets the referral and someone else can't refer me?

Give the number you want as Referral.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

smp99

@PJC wrote:

Does this include talk+text+data plans as well or just talk+text?

Hello. I would like an answer to this question as well. 

MacMe

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pointx nobody has kicked you.  Deals come and deals go.  This one happened to come one day too late for you to get on it.  It happens.

You can cancel your current plan and sign up again if you like, but bear in mind that you will go get refunded anything upon the cancellation.  So you will have lost whatever you've paid so far, plus your time and hassle of going to Walmart for this.  Depending on your situation, I'm guessing it's probably not worth your while.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MacMe wrote:

Hi! If I activate a new account at Walmart, can I port over my number later? Or does Walmart start the process right there?  Thanks!

You can port over later from your self-serve account. 

pointx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up yesterday (May 10) at 11pm, I feel like I've just been kicked in the face. Does anyone know if I can call in and get this promotion applied on my account? Otherwise, I was thinking to cancel my current plan (at the end of the month) and signing up for a new number at walmart, since I'm planning to open a 2nd line anyways.

MacMe

Hi! If I activate a new account at Walmart, can I port over my number later? Or does Walmart start the process right there?  Thanks!

mminer

I'm going back to Wal-Mart now

mimmo

@prasprime wrote:

Thats bad for People who refer others. 

Why, you should still be able to put the person who referred you in the I was referred spot. Walmart uses the same activation system we do.

meocon

@mminer you should go back to Walmart where you activated a plan or 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

mminer

I just signed up 2hrs ago and wasn't given this offer and had to pay for my sim card and now it doesn't work saying not activated and I already paid on my plan

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Does this include talk+text+data plans as well or just talk+text?

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats bad for People who refer others. 

meocon

I have a question, if I'm going to activate at Walmart, am I still available for referral? Moreover, if I'm activate for plan talk + text first month, and second month I'm going to change to talk plan only so will I be eligible for $20 credit? Thank you

meocon

OMG I just activated a new line for my mom yesterday 😞

mimmo

Might have missed it but competitive response to who?

Need Help? Let's chat.