cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Arman I have TextNow and Fongo. TextNow can go to landline as well. Fongo won't cover everywhere within Canada. You may need to pay for certain cities. 

Fongo covers most of Canada now.  It used to cover larger cities only though. 

sunflowershine

@Arman I have TextNow and Fongo. TextNow can go to landline as well. Fongo won't cover everywhere within Canada. You may need to pay for certain cities. 

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
what is the name of App

sunflowershine

@Arman wrote:
Happy to hear text works for you. I hope to say like this for you. It is painful if you lose the ability to text. you do not want to experience weeks with an inability to text

@Arman I have a free app to text and calling within North America for FREE as long as I have wifi. Not bad to have one. The app can access the contact list and call and text to your friends directly. It is a good app while you are away too. You can call to Canada for FREE. 

Arman
Happy to hear text works for you. I hope to say like this for you. It is painful if you lose the ability to text. you do not want to experience weeks with an inability to text

sunflowershine

@Arman Not only this plan has the problem. Mine is working fine. 

Arman
WOW, They are still selling the plan with a known issue. This is ripoff.

Please note that the inability to send texts is NOT limited to the $15 plan. I have several phones on the $10 plan and they are ALL affected. And since about March, as far as I can tell.

Arman
Sending Email to that address is like a send an email to nowhere.

Arman
Good Idea. I CANNOT SEND any TEXT

@dghu wrote:

Was planning to switch over to the $15 plan on my next cycle start day. Now I will wait and see if the texting bug would be fixed.

is it only Canada-wide text that you cannot send or international text as well?

@dghu  Sounds like any type of text.

dghu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was planning to switch over to the $15 plan on my next cycle start day. Now I will wait and see if the texting bug would be fixed.

is it only Canada-wide text that you cannot send or international text as well?

Arman
it is day 10 for me without Message.

nastaran

I have the same issue. I just messages the moderator hoping this to be resolved . 

reach the moderator here... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and let them know your problem.

@2948618016  a écrit :

I switched over to this $15 plan yesterday but could not send text out anymore. What is going on?

Same as above reach the moderator here... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and let them know your problem.

I switched over to this $15 plan yesterday but could not send text out anymore. What is going on?

nastaran

Thank you very much 🙂 

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@nastaran wrote:

are you able to send text messages? it seems like text messages does not work on this plan! 

Totally disappointed ! 

You certainly can send unlimited texts on the Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15 plan.

There have been quite a few issues lately with texting and calling on new and renewed plans it seems

Best bet would be to contact a moderator and they can assist you. Please be advised they are quite busy lately.

you can send them a private message here: link

@nastaran  a écrit :

I got this plan but I am not able to send any canada wide text messages!!! 

Does that mean this plan does not cover local text messages?

You need to reach the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and let them know your problem. You are supposed to text anywhere...

nastaran

are you able to send text messages? it seems like text messages does not work on this plan! 

Totally disappointed ! 

nastaran

I got this plan but I am not able to send any canada wide text messages!!! 

Does that mean this plan does not cover local text messages?

Car
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nice plan. Switched from Bell and for an extra 2.25 got 10x the min, and data!

Wasn't the plan I initially thought of going with but a nice plan nonetheless.

@Anonymous wrote:

@watungga wrote:

When this unlimited incoming took place? 

I started my account last March 30th..

It was a week or so ago. Late April kinda thing.

It was not really announced. It just showed up but users started reporting about it during the last week of April.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hrehmani wrote:

shouldnt it be described there? I sent a message to the moderator.  also what is the issue about not being able to send texts?  right now I do not have such an issue but afraid I may start having this issue after.

Not sure who you're replying to but the unlimited incoming is mentioned in the details when changing but then afterwards it's not mentioned as part of the plan. But the feature works.

It seems *some* customers are having problems with this plan. Not many as evidenced by the lack of hysterics here. The dropped calls problem certainly brought out the hysterics. Understandably of course.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@watungga wrote:

It was a week or so ago. Late April kinda thing.

watungga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hrehmani

shouldnt it be described there? I sent a message to the moderator.  also what is the issue about not being able to send texts?  right now I do not have such an issue but afraid I may start having this issue after.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@watungga , on your account you can change to this new plan and decide when you want the plan to become activate, right now or at your next billing cycle. Steps:  Go on Plans and add-ons, select change plan, and at the bottom you decide when you want the changes to be made.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@watungga wrote:

Future change it to save what you've already spent........  i dont understand..

My cycle started April 28th, what do i do?

So your cycle ends on May 28th-ish. It's pre-paid. There are no refunds or pro-rating. So you set the plan change to happen at the renewal.

If you do an immediate plan change then you lose what you've already spent. Unless you don't care about your money 🙂

@watungga wrote:

Future change it to save what you've already spent........  i dont understand..

My cycle started April 28th, what do i do?

@watungga  Means that you select the plan change to take effect on your next renewal date and NOT immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.