cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@crazyfrog wrote:

Need suggestion.

 

Wanted to subscribe to the new $15 unl incoming plan. Went to Walmart in Windsor, ON, the plan doesnt show up. Rep refuses to sell me just sim card so i can do it all online.

 

Shouldnt we be able to buy SIM at Walmart? Is subscribing to a plan then and there a must?


PM should send a notice to Walmart -  The Walmart in Cobourg gave me a hard time trying to steer me away from PM and go with Lucky instead. In fairness it was not all sales persons at their electronic section but just this older woman that seemed to be the supervisor.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@coffee wrote:

@crazyfrog wrote:

Need suggestion.

 

Wanted to subscribe to the new $15 unl incoming plan. Went to Walmart in Windsor, ON, the plan doesnt show up. Rep refuses to sell me just sim card so i can do it all online.

 

Shouldnt we be able to buy SIM at Walmart? Is subscribing to a plan then and there a must?


PM should send a notice to Walmart -  The Walmart in Cobourg gave me a hard time trying to steer me away from PM and go with Lucky instead. In fairness it was not all sales persons at their electronic section but just this older woman that seemed to be the supervisor.


Did they have a valid reason?

 

The Walmart salesperson sells many providers so they might have been trying to look out for you?

 

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@TheOldVR wrote:

@coffee wrote:

PM should send a notice to Walmart -  The Walmart in Cobourg gave me a hard time trying to steer me away from PM and go with Lucky instead. In fairness it was not all sales persons at their electronic section but just this older woman that seemed to be the supervisor.


Did they have a valid reason?

 

The Walmart salesperson sells many providers so they might have been trying to look out for you?

 

 


Hmmmmm. I wish Walmart wireless salespeople would look out for their customers.

If this were the case, she would have told @coffee to go Dollarama across the street and get a SIM for $4.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@coffee wrote:

@crazyfrog wrote:

Need suggestion.

 

Wanted to subscribe to the new $15 unl incoming plan. Went to Walmart in Windsor, ON, the plan doesnt show up. Rep refuses to sell me just sim card so i can do it all online.

 

Shouldnt we be able to buy SIM at Walmart? Is subscribing to a plan then and there a must?


PM should send a notice to Walmart -  The Walmart in Cobourg gave me a hard time trying to steer me away from PM and go with Lucky instead. In fairness it was not all sales persons at their electronic section but just this older woman that seemed to be the supervisor.


Wla-mart seems to be notorious for this behaviour. Just read throughout this forum BUT it should not be this way.

 

Again, remember that you can leave a review of your store experience by selecting ‘Find a Store’ under step 2 on the Get Started page. Select the store location where you’d like to provide feedback, then fill out the requested information.

 

I recommend you also do that also.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Perhaps Public Mobile should make a smart move and do what TextNow does in the USA and send out SIM cards for free via mail?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@electrical2771 wrote:

Perhaps Public Mobile should make a smart move and do what TextNow does in the USA and send out SIM cards for free via mail?


They already did that a couple of years back. Problem was that only a small percentage of them converted to customers. IIRC it was less than 35%. So I think they may have concluded it was an costly venture with poor ROI.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

That is exactly what other providers do. You can buy a lucky mobile SIM card for 99c.
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@Arman wrote:
That is exactly what other providers do. You can buy a lucky mobile SIM card for 99c.

Hey you're still around. Did you ever get anything resolved? Is your outgoing texting working yet?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@computergeek541 wrote:

@amyjxlin wrote:

Good evening,

 

Currently I am using Fido. I'd like to switch to your plan $15 (unlimited text, 100-minutes national talk & 250MB data). I have the following questions before I go ahead:

 

1. is the $15 a fixed rate? Or is it on promotion? Will it be increased after some time?

2. 100-minute talk includes incoming calls and outgoing calls?

3. What does the 30-day plan mean?

4. When the payment cycle starts?

5. I'd like to keep my current cell phone. Can I keep it if I change my SIM card?

 

Thank you for your attention.

 


The $15 price is going ongoing price ($13 if you enable autopay).  100 minutes is the total combine incoming and outgoing usage, with each parrtial minute of usage rounded up.  30 day plan meas that you prepay for 30 days of service, and that you have to pay before the start of the next renewal period to keep the plan going past that point.

 

Whether you can keep using your current cell phone device dependds on compatiblity and whether or not it is unlooked.  Which model is it?


Hi,

I have been a  PM customer since April.

I have the $15 plan (with auto pay enabled; paying $13 net) with

  • 100 minutes Limited Canada-Wide Talk
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Texts

I am thinking of switching over to new $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes. 

 

QUESTIONS:

1) In the above post, I am confused as to what is meant by "100 minutes is the total combine incoming and outgoing usage ... ".  This contradicts what is being offered?  Wouldn't the new PM offering of "Unlimited Incoming Minutes" mean you are ONLY limited to 100 minutes of OUTGOING minutes?

2) Is the Bonus 250MB with AutoPay in ADDITION to the $2 autoplay benefit or does it replace the $2 autopay benefit?

3) Other than the unlimited incoming minutes, are there any other differences between the two $15 plans?

4) It sounds too good to be true.  What am I missing or not understanding?

Thanks in advance!

 

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@Bottomshelf wrote:

Hi,

I have been a  PM customer since April.

I have the $15 plan (with auto pay enabled; paying $13 net) with

  • 100 minutes Limited Canada-Wide Talk
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Texts

I am thinking of switching over to new $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes. 

 

QUESTIONS:

1) In the above post, I am confused as to what is meant by "100 minutes is the total combine incoming and outgoing usage ... ".  This contradicts what is being offered?  Wouldn't the new PM offering of "Unlimited Incoming Minutes" mean you are ONLY limited to 100 minutes of OUTGOING minutes?

2) Is the Bonus 250MB with AutoPay in ADDITION to the $2 autoplay benefit or does it replace the $2 autopay benefit?

3) Other than the unlimited incoming minutes, are there any other differences between the two $15 plans?

4) It sounds too good to be true.  What am I missing or not understanding?

Thanks in advance!

 


1. Correct. That's the old plan. You said it yourself.

2. You get both.

3. No. Edit:...well..you already said the bonus data

4. Nothing. It's a great plan.

 

And now add to that the new add-on of 500 minutes Canada-wide for 5 bucks...rock n roll.