cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

@z10user4 wrote:

And now add to that the new add-on of 500 minutes Canada-wide for 5 bucks...rock n roll.

I wonder if anyone saw this announced anywhere...

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

And now add to that the new add-on of 500 minutes Canada-wide for 5 bucks...rock n roll.

I saw a post about it here in the community recently and it's now showing up on the Plans page of the site under Add-Ons. I didn't hear/see any official announcements about it, however.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@MandyJ wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

I saw a post about it here in the community recently and it's now showing up on the Plans page of the site under Add-Ons. I didn't hear/see any official announcements about it, however.

Few minutes ago it wasn't there..and now yes!!! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@Bottomshelf wrote:

"If you are worried and your life depends on sms open a TextNow account as well, you'll also get access to unlimited outgoing to Canada and USA.

I have it on around the clock thought I used it only couple of times and it uses about 150 mb in 30 days."

Thanks for your comments.    

150 mb is quite a bit considering  the $15 plan only allows 250 mb.  Most of the time I am using free wifi with What's App. I only turn on data when I  need to use it.

I agree with that too, 150mb is quite a bit.  I've actually left my data on for the last 2 or 3 weeks and haven't really come anywhere close to depleting the 250, like you I use wifi most of the time too along with Whatsapp.

Hi

I let it run in purpose without any restrictions just to see how much it would goble up.  I never noticed an option of turning it off (like fongo app) or giving up incoming calls to preserve resources (like many VoIP apps). Next month I'll try with data restriction and see how far word that take.

Here's what I have for data use April 30-may 29, and also WiFi for last month. Keep in mind that I hardly used it, couple of calls and couple of texts that's all, but it was on as long as my phone was on. And I kept everything on, first time ever, I don't do that easy, I didn't do that even when I had unlimited with mobilicity, I truly believe if you don't need it turn it off not good for your battery probably for your health and your service provider. 

Screenshot_20190603-183723.png

Screenshot_20190603-183708.png

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MandyJ wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

There has not been any official public announcement about the new add-on yet. By accident or design, the new add-on has gone live ahead of any public announcement.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SD08 wrote:

@MandyJ wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

There has not been any official public announcement about the new add-on yet. By accident or design, the new add-on has gone live ahead of any public announcement.

It's just further indication of the useless communication from the company. Sure yeah maybe when things are falling apart no one says anything about it. Not that I condone it. But a new add-on to SELL...crickets. Quite incredible really.

I think it was just blind luck and good observing on the part of surreyboz that he saw it. His chin must have just dropped in astonishment.

But...this is the $15 thread. There are other threads more relevant.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SD08 wrote:

@MandyJ wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

So at least this should mean it's a permanent add-on.  To my mind the 200 minutes has really become a bit redundant.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I didn't notice till now that you can actually tell the data usage apart, I'm curious how will work under restriction cause it looks like it devoured most of it in backgroundScreenshot_20190604-131708.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Oops hit post accidently! 🙂  Was wondering what your post was about?

Edit: @kselmak  now your post has disappeared or you're editing:)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak wrote:

I didn't notice till now that you can actually tell the data usage apart, I'm curious how will work under restriction cause it looks like it devoured most of it in background

You've been here a little while now. This post isn't really relevant to the thread. Maybe you'd like to start your own thread.