cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @pm-smayer97   one of the most asked question.  Yes, incoming calls is still unlimited, not sure why PM still not add it back to the plan details for $15

It seems a pattern for many months where PM does not advertise available plans and features, and are only visibile AFTER you sign up, for example, there are many more 4G plans available via self-serve not on the PM Plans page. 😕

HI @pm-smayer97   one of the most asked question.  Yes, incoming calls is still unlimited, not sure why PM still not add it back to the plan details for $15

Never mind... I found how to answer my own question... when you go to Self Serve and select to Change Plans, pull up the $15 plan and it lists that "Unlimited Incoming" is part of the plan.

@softech wrote:

@AJ9 

How To Access Your Voicemail From Another Phone:

1. Call your 10-digit phone number.
  2. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press the star key (*) to interrupt it.
  3. Enter your voicemail password when prompted.
  4. Follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages

That is the simplest. Of course, if you do not want your phone to ring, you can call any of the VM access numbers directly. Yours can be found in your phone settings OR see:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

You will then be prompted to enter your phone first, then the rest is the same.

@dabr wrote:

@PeggyC   ...

Also, hopefully you're on the second version of the $15 plan that includes unlimited incoming and not the one under discussion here which was only available for a few months before being upgraded to the current version.

I am confused by the current $15 plan. PM does NOT advertise that it comes with unlimited incoming. When I asked CS_Agent about this, they claim it still comes with unlimited incoming BUT because it is not advertised, I am not sure if this is true or not.

Can anyone validate that the CURRENT $15 plan (vs any previous version/iteration of this "SAME" plan) STILL provides unlimited incoming, even though it is not advertised with that feature?

@AJ9 

How To Access Your Voicemail From Another Phone:

1. Call your 10-digit phone number.
  2. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press the star key (*) to interrupt it.
  3. Enter your voicemail password when prompted.
  4. Follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages

AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, what are the steps to check VM using another phone? Thanks. (sorry if it has been answered before.)

hi @PeggyC yes, checking voicemail from your own phone on a $15;plan will cost you outgoing minutes.  So, either use another phone to check VM or use VOIP app like Fongo or TextNow for checking VM 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PeggyC   Yes if you're on the $15 plan then retrieving voicemail will deduct from the 100 outgoing minutes unless you use another phone to access voicemail, of course.

Also, hopefully you're on the second version of the $15 plan that includes unlimited incoming and not the one under discussion here which was only available for a few months before being upgraded to the current version.

PeggyC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you mean when I retrieve my message, it counts the talk time (deduct from 100 mins Canada-wide Talk?

JohnnyXI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks, I'll check it out.

JohnnyXI

Thanks, looks pretty good at least for the first 3 months.

@JohnnyXI 

Look into mint mobile (part-owned by Ryan Reynolds now) they offer 3 month plans starting at $15/4gb per month with free calling and texting to Canada and Mexico. They regularly put promos on and if you have a dual SIM phone it will be easy to manage both lines. You can still recieve incoming texts on your pm phone without a roaming add on....some say incoming calling still works as well.

@JohnnyXI Try it. It's free. Just keep your number active by using it once a month. I have sent texts and made calls from my home and it works well from there. I haven't tried outside over data. My internet is with Fido and it's 75/10 mbts.  Stay safe. 

JohnnyXI

Re Textnow, never heard of them. I do however have magicjack another VOIP service which I pay for bur have foud it to have poor quality audio, drops calls and worst of all, sometime  tells caller that my line is out of service. Any comment on Textnow service?

@JohnnyXI  Check Amazon they sell prepaid SIMs that work anywhere in NA for calls, texts and data.

JohnnyXI

I did buy a U.S. sim card with U.S. Mobile but unfortunately they have no service or add on at all that allows access to Canada. Plus people  are whining about having to manage two phone numbers, one while in Canada, one while in the states, for me. So I'm  looking at Base $15 + 3x$8 (for 30 days talk) = $49/month (no text). Getting a bit expensive so maybe I'll look around.

@JohnnyXI wrote:

Excellent, Thank you.

You can get a free voip app like TextNow that will let you make calls and text while you have a wifi signal. You can make/recieve calls to US / Canada for free as well as text.

There's free wifi in alot of places in US so this might work for your requirements.

@JohnnyXI 

Au contraire....you need a working plan for your roaming add on to work as you do with every canadian provider. If you have no service on your phone roaming cannot work. If you dont want to pay for your service just suspend at the end of your 30 days (before renewal) and purchase a US sim/travel sim and plan. When your finished travelling pay and unsuspend (before 89 days) your pm account.

JohnnyXI

Excellent, Thank you.

@JohnnyXI wrote:

Thanks, kinda obvious I suppose, although disappointing, given that it's of no use when I'm in the U.S.

And 2) does the U.S. add on 'plan' include talk to Canada?

@JohnnyXI hi yes it includes talk and text back to Canada

JohnnyXI

Thanks, kinda obvious I suppose, although disappointing, given that it's of no use when I'm in the U.S.

And 2) does the U.S. add on 'plan' include talk to Canada?

@JohnnyXI wrote:

I have a Cdn plan. So when I go to the U.S. and get the U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days can I let my Cdn plan expire or do I have to keep it active?

@JohnnyXI  You need to keep it active

2) Does the U.S. T&T plan allow calls to Canada?

Yes both calls and texts.

@JohnnyXI Hello yes you can call back to Canada from the US but you do need to keep your Canadian $15 plan active

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnnyXI 

The base plan needs to be active.

Ask T&T.

Edit: lol oh..talk and text..duh 🙂

JohnnyXI

I have a Cdn plan. So when I go to the U.S. and get the U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days can I let my Cdn plan expire or do I have to keep it active?  2) Does the U.S. T&T plan allow calls to Canada?

@coffee wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

@coffee wrote:

PM should send a notice to Walmart -  The Walmart in Cobourg gave me a hard time trying to steer me away from PM and go with Lucky instead. In fairness it was not all sales persons at their electronic section but just this older woman that seemed to be the supervisor.

Did they have a valid reason?

The Walmart salesperson sells many providers so they might have been trying to look out for you?

Hmmmmm. I wish Walmart wireless salespeople would look out for their customers.

If this were the case, she would have told @coffee to go Dollarama across the street and get a SIM for $4.

Does Dollarama sell PM Sim cards or are you just being facetious?

Dollarama sells the other brand. Exclusive partnership announcement
I believe she was steering you towards Lucky, correct?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@coffee wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

@coffee wrote:

PM should send a notice to Walmart -  The Walmart in Cobourg gave me a hard time trying to steer me away from PM and go with Lucky instead. In fairness it was not all sales persons at their electronic section but just this older woman that seemed to be the supervisor.

The Walmart salesperson sells many providers so they might have been trying to look out for you?

If this were the case, she would have told @coffee to go Dollarama across the street and get a SIM for $4.

While I do know that Dollarama does sell SIM cards for certain carriers, I didn't think they were currently selling Public Mobile SIM cards. Maybe they are now?

@coffeeSome do out east depending on where you are. I would say Lucky provides more support than PM, then you miss out on a few bucks off via autopay, community participation etc... you trade that off but get 1800 #, phones and stores etc.

coffee

@LovesToPM wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

@coffee wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.