cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

@coffee wrote:

@crazyfrog wrote:

Need suggestion.

Wanted to subscribe to the new $15 unl incoming plan. Went to Walmart in Windsor, ON, the plan doesnt show up. Rep refuses to sell me just sim card so i can do it all online.

Shouldnt we be able to buy SIM at Walmart? Is subscribing to a plan then and there a must?

PM should send a notice to Walmart -  The Walmart in Cobourg gave me a hard time trying to steer me away from PM and go with Lucky instead. In fairness it was not all sales persons at their electronic section but just this older woman that seemed to be the supervisor.

Wla-mart seems to be notorious for this behaviour. Just read throughout this forum BUT it should not be this way.

Again, remember that you can leave a review of your store experience by selecting ‘Find a Store’ under step 2 on the Get Started page. Select the store location where you’d like to provide feedback, then fill out the requested information.

I recommend you also do that also.

@TheOldVR wrote:

@coffee wrote:

PM should send a notice to Walmart -  The Walmart in Cobourg gave me a hard time trying to steer me away from PM and go with Lucky instead. In fairness it was not all sales persons at their electronic section but just this older woman that seemed to be the supervisor.

Did they have a valid reason?

The Walmart salesperson sells many providers so they might have been trying to look out for you?

Hmmmmm. I wish Walmart wireless salespeople would look out for their customers.

If this were the case, she would have told @coffee to go Dollarama across the street and get a SIM for $4.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coffee wrote:

@crazyfrog wrote:

Need suggestion.

Wanted to subscribe to the new $15 unl incoming plan. Went to Walmart in Windsor, ON, the plan doesnt show up. Rep refuses to sell me just sim card so i can do it all online.

Shouldnt we be able to buy SIM at Walmart? Is subscribing to a plan then and there a must?

Did they have a valid reason?

The Walmart salesperson sells many providers so they might have been trying to look out for you?

coffee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@crazyfrog wrote:

Need suggestion.

@SomeFriend wrote:

So it’s the night of my renewal, waiting for the old plan to cycle out as the allotments are still under the old $15 plan.  It’ll probably work itself out by tomorrow morning.

Hoping for all the issues related to the new $15 plan is gone and that I don’t get any issues.  I’m lately making some important phone calls and hope that they get connected properly.  Please no issues!!!

And??? Everything is ok???

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So it’s the night of my renewal, waiting for the old plan to cycle out as the allotments are still under the old $15 plan.  It’ll probably work itself out by tomorrow morning.

Hoping for all the issues related to the new $15 plan is gone and that I don’t get any issues.  I’m lately making some important phone calls and hope that they get connected properly.  Please no issues!!!

@SmartShelly wrote:

Thanks, PM.

After consideration and comparison with FM, I just signed up for this plan at PM.

Autosave and strong referral program made me go with PM.

Great choice!Smiley Wink

SmartShelly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, PM.

After consideration and comparison with FM, I just signed up for this plan at PM.

Autosave and strong referral program made me go with PM.

@arkhan wrote:

I signed up on Friday for $15 plan at Walmart store.  Inserted public mobile sim card in my  phone. It will not connect to the network. 

Phone is unlocked.

Went back to Walmart store, they tested my sim into another unlocked phone and same problem, cannot connect to the network.

I am porting my number from Koodo.  Is this a porting issue? Also, I see that my port in request is still pending after 2 days of phone activation.  

Sent a message to Moderator team but no reponse.

Any idea what to do now?

Same problem in other thread.... as you have already done reach the moderator for help here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

arkhan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up on Friday for $15 plan at Walmart store.  Inserted public mobile sim card in my  phone. It will not connect to the network. 

Phone is unlocked.

Went back to Walmart store, they tested my sim into another unlocked phone and same problem, cannot connect to the network.

I am porting my number from Koodo.  Is this a porting issue? Also, I see that my port in request is still pending after 2 days of phone activation.  

Sent a message to Moderator team but no reponse.

Any idea what to do now?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Arman wrote:
call it poor customer support.

Agree some customers have had a really poor, overly long wait for a response/resolution to this issue which should have been fixed by now.  OTH most customers (I believe) haven't had any major problems with their services.

Arman
call it poor customer support.

@puiping51 wrote:

Hi 

It has been over 24 hours since I authenticated..  Now over 2 days without service.. Such a headache 

Pui

@geopublic  is right, you need to respond back after the verification...hopefully you did that, but sometimes the moderator you are dealing with may not be scheduled for work after you responded, hence the delay too (speaking from my experience). 

puiping51

Yup .I replied right away upon authentication..  They charged me and I still have credit balance..  So doesn't make much sense my plan expired 

@puiping51 wrote:

Hi 

It has been over 24 hours since I authenticated..  Now over 2 days without service.. Such a headache 

Pui

@puiping51  When you authenticated you did reply back to the @CS_Agent and let them know right? Just checking to make sure Smiley Happy. It's unfortunate that you have to wait this long but with all the issues lately it's taking PM longer than usual to respond. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

Arman
I got a response from Moderator after 14 days. Good Luck.

puiping51

Hi 

Pui

@puiping51 wrote:

My account has expired since I tried switching to this plan on may 15th.. Still waiting for moderator to response after authenticate email.  My account has $1 credit after being charged.. What should I do? 

@puiping51  If the moderator responded and asked you for account verification then that means they are reviewing you account and hopefully it wont be very long until your issue gets resolved.

puiping51

My account has expired since I tried switching to this plan on may 15th.. Still waiting for moderator to response after authenticate email.  My account has $1 credit after being charged.. What should I do? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

No thanks! Self-aggrandizement should go unrewarded

OK!!! Jeez. First pm-smayer sprayed crap all over the place. Then you did your comment all over the place behind him. Then he sprayed all over your comment. Then you're doing your current spray.

I agree with you but ok already.

LaOmbra

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

No thanks! Self-aggrandizement should go unrewarded

@smp99 wrote:

Question - may be too early for this. Has anyone who is on the $15 unl-incoming gone through their 100min outgoing - does incoming still work or does it shut down all calls. Or is this a bug waiting to be discovered.

At the risk of being obvious, outbound and inbound are of course treated separately...the plan would not make sense otherwise. As for undiscovered bugs, well, they are... undiscovered. 😉

@AE_Collector wrote:

@electrical2771  I have no first hand experience but yes, voice calls will just no longer work outbound and 911 will still work as you don’t even need your cell phone to be active on a plan with a cell company for 911 to work. I would have to sssume that data would also just quit working when you hit your limit on any PM plans with data. Besides renewing early which should be an option in the list of plans IMHO but isn’t so you have to go through a moderator, the other option is to buy data until your renewal date. Terry

ALL plans on PM stop working when you use up your allotted amount. There are no overage charges or options for overages. To get more celling time or data, you have to buy an add-on or request your plan be renewed early. 

sourdoughgirl

Yea, that's what I usually do.  I only use data when I fogot to download the podcast but that's quite rare.  

sourdoughgirl

I have a Fido tablet sim with 3GB data but I don't think I ever get close to using 1GB.  Man Very Happy

sourdoughgirl

Thank you.  We have Shaw Go Wifi that covers a lot of areas plus most malls and even grocery stores have free wifi these days.  Very likely I will go with the $15 plan with auto pay that's only $13/month.  Good deal. 

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sourdoughgirl : The podcasts might eat into the data depending on how much you listen to them, but you could probably download the podcasts on your wifi connection and listen to them later if you needed to save on data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

How far does 250MB carry you?  I don't use a lot of data, just the odd times when I need to Google something while I am out or price check in a grocery store and occasionally listen to podcasts.  I do YT, FB, and other internet things at home using our home network.  Think 250MB is enough?

I even use the 200mb add-on. It lasts me a while. But I barely use my phone and can generally wait until I can find some wifi somewhere.

I'll probably get the 1gb next and that should last me a good while.

Your usage depends on you. Have a look at your history if you're not changing your lifestyle for the next while.

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

How far does 250MB carry you?  I don't use a lot of data, just the odd times when I need to Google something while I am out or price check in a grocery store and occasionally listen to podcasts.  I do YT, FB, and other internet things at home using our home network.  Think 250MB is enough?

I think it should be fine if you don't use it on a regular basis.  I also only use it when I don't have any wifi and never got close to 250mb.

sourdoughgirl

Need Help? Let's chat.