cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

@smp99 wrote:

Does anyone know if CallFwd minutes counts towards incoming or outgoing minutes? 

If you are asking about call forwarding to a specifically defined #, the answer is yes.

If you mean simply either not answering or even forcing your phone to not answer calls and the calls automatically being forwarded to your voicemail, the answer is no. On this latter part, take a look at this earlier reply regarding minute usage and voicemail:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-Unlimited-Text-and-100-mins-of-Talk...

smp99

Does anyone know if CallFwd minutes counts towards incoming or outgoing minutes? 

@DSM18 wrote:

Its in the plan change section!

$15 Plan changes.JPG

Where is that?

DSM18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its in the plan change section!

$15 Plan changes.JPG

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

Newest version of this plan says it now includes unlimited incoming calls. Do existing cust9mer need to do a plan change or will the new feature automatically be added?

Where do you see this info? I do not see it in the OP. Was this announced anywhere? If so, where and how?

Up top. Plans. $15. Unlimited incoming. Showed up just today.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

Newest version of this plan says it now includes unlimited incoming calls. Do existing cust9mer need to do a plan change or will the new feature automatically be added?

Where do you see this info? I do not see it in the OP. Was this announced anywhere? If so, where and how?

Unlimited incoming calls is listed both on the publicmobile.ca plan page advertising and in self-serve when you go to change plans.

Thanks. In other words, it has not been announced anywhere yet?! Even the OP has not been updated, at least not yet. 

sunflowershine

@Jonavin wrote:

@Jonavin I manually change for my next renewal to make sure new plan benefits taken. 

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

Unlimited incoming calls is listed both on the publicmobile.ca plan page advertising and in self-serve when you go to change plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

Up top. Plans. $15. Unlimited incoming. Showed up just today.

@Jonavin wrote:

@zfx wrote:

Thank you PM for adding unlimited incoming minutes, this is exactly what I needed. Now I just have to wait another 3 weeks to renew the plan...

Just saying, it would be nice if PM could offer something like unlimited evening or weekends calls in the future for similar plans...

You can select this plan now and have it "future dated" to your next renewal. You won't pay until renewal date.

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you PM for adding unlimited incoming minutes, this is exactly what I needed. Now I just have to wait another 3 weeks to renew the plan...

Just saying, it would be nice if PM could offer something like unlimited evening or weekends calls in the future for similar plans...

@Jonavin wrote:

Since there is no official statement about the unlimited incoming minutes... I personally would treat it as a "new and improved plan" and schedule a future dated plan change to it.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pmcd wrote:

If someone calls and leaves a message, does that count towards the 100 minutes even if I don’t retrieve the message? I almost never check voicemail and I could do without that feature. I am concerned that people will call and fill up voicemail with junk and that would affect the 100 minutes.

Can one disable voicemail?

In any case, would it be possible to get a simple answer as to whether someone leaving a message counts towards the 100 minutes?

Regarding minutes used, see my post just above yours, dated 3/16/2019, here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-Unlimited-Text-and-100-mins-of-Talk...

For all the ways to disable voicemail, either at the system level or at the phone level, take a look at this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-do-I-Disable-Voicemail/td-p/338525

@pmcd wrote:

If someone calls and leaves a message, does that count towards the 100 minutes even if I don’t retrieve the message? I almost never check voicemail and I could do without that feature. I am concerned that people will call and fill up voicemail with junk and that would affect the 100 minutes.

In any case, would it be possible to get a simple answer as to whether someone leaving a message counts towards the 100 minutes?

If someone leaves a message it doesn't count. You can check your voicemail with a landline phone if you don't want use your minutes.

You can disable your voicemail if you have an android phone if you put a non valide number in your settings for your voicemail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pmcd wrote:

Officially yes. Unofficially... 🙂

There is an option to set what they call an Extended Absence greeting and then to make it so that no one can leave a message.

pmcd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@sunflowershine wrote:

@xdragon wrote:

I've a question with this 250MB bonus data.  I currently have 1GB add-on, so if I'd signed up for this $15 plan with 250MB bonus data using auto pay, how will my data usage be determined?  Will it be deducted from the monthly 250MB bonus data first, and if my monthly usage exceeds the 250MB then it will start use the 1GB add-on, or will the usage be taken out from the add-on first?  Also since 250MB is on 3G but the 1GB is on 4GB, how would my data speed be determined?

@xdragon You will have 3G of 250 mb first. If you used up the 250mb, your 1GB add-on will kick in automatically in 4G network. 

@sunflowershine 

No, as mentioned above, the 1GB add-on is going to be the same speed as the base plan, 3G speed.

Only if you have no data in your base plan, or a data plan with 4G data, the add-on is unthrottled.

(But yes, plan data will be used up first, and only then the add-on data kicks in as needed.)

sunflowershine

@xdragon wrote:

I've a question with this 250MB bonus data.  I currently have 1GB add-on, so if I'd signed up for this $15 plan with 250MB bonus data using auto pay, how will my data usage be determined?  Will it be deducted from the monthly 250MB bonus data first, and if my monthly usage exceeds the 250MB then it will start use the 1GB add-on, or will the usage be taken out from the add-on first?  Also since 250MB is on 3G but the 1GB is on 4GB, how would my data speed be determined?

@xdragon You will have 3G of 250 mb first. If you used up the 250mb, your 1GB add-on will kick in automatically in 4G network. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@xdragon wrote:

The speed of the data add-on is determined by the speed for data on your base price plan. 

@computergeek541  That's really useful to know, I asumed the add-on data would remain remain at 4G!

@xdragon wrote:

The speed of the data add-on is determined by the speed for data on your base price plan. 

@xdragon wrote:

Yes you would use the plan 250 mb first and once depleted then the add-on data package would kick in.  Edit: As for speed I would think they would stay the same as purchased.  Best to note what @computergeek541 says about the data speed.

xdragon

Luke_laventure

Awesome deal, keep it up 'Public mobile!

Mukesh2559

Thank You for your response also i am sorry for not replying on time can you send me the link again for further process

@april26  AutoPay is pre-authorized payments. You register a credit card or Visa Debit to make payments when they are due automatically.

Pre-authorized payments work a little differently at Public Mobile compared to some other phone companies. You receive a $2 per 30 days discount for setting up this feature. You don't have to use it though to get the reward.
If you already have enough credits in your balance to cover your bill, your credit card will never be charged.
By signing-up for AutoPay, you will get the rewards and it doesn't cost you extra.

april26

I need a little data just for travel and maps. This plan would suit me but I already have a lot of prepaid credits, and don't want to enable autopay. Are credits counted as Autopay?

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@maleighamama wrote:

Ive been trying to change my plan to this and the page it directs me to says "Oh no. page not available." any suggestions?

I was able to reach it

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

Try another browser? Clear the history/cache? Use incognito mode on Chrome?

See how that goes.

maleighamama

Ive been trying to change my plan to this and the page it directs me to says "Oh no. page not available." any suggestions?

@E5 wrote:

Great plan, just actived but still waitting MOD to port my old number in. Hope would not wait too long. 

Is it Koodo Prepaid?  If it is not, you can port yourself inside self-serve and won't need to wait for moderator 

Need Help? Let's chat.