cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Great at filling in a gap in the line-up. Nice offer!

yup. good to have something in for casual usage.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@z10user4 wrote:

All this talk of seniors and whatnot...my mother and MIL are with Telus. They had the same pay-as-you-go (PAYG) plan (neither of my doing) Telus obsoleted the PAYG and created a $3 plan and put those customers into it. For their needs, I still can't suggest to them to change to here for even $10. Let alone this $15 one.

I would agree that customers like them coming here would be just fine with the $10 plan.

Yah, I got grandfathered from a $7 unlimited one number plan to a $10 500 minutes + 100 text plans. And Telus has a $5 unlimitedtext add-on. So that plan is staying put. That said, this plan is good for new phones since I cannot get the Telus plan for new phones.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@slpless wrote:

Hi @Alan_K,

The Spoiler says, "leaving a voicemail message uses up minutes." However, with $10 50/50 plan, I tested a few days ago whether leaving a voicemail message uses minutes or not with a brand new PM number. 

When my friend leaves a voicemail message, it appears as an outgoing call to local voicemail number in both call history (picture 1) and my usage as 1/50 min (picture 2). Then, after a second, 1 minute usage disappears, 0/50 min (picture 3). It looks PM fixed it so as not to count minutes for "leaving a voicemail message." Can you please confirm this and update the Announcement/Spoiler if it's indeed fixed?

Thanks!

Attention: @Moderator_Team

Leaving a voicemail message (1).jpgLeaving a voicemail message (2).jpgLeaving a voicemail message (3).jpg

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

On the $10 plan, it has been confirmed over and over in this thread, here, here, here, and herethat the only time voicemail uses up minutes is when calling in only to retrieve messages from your own cell phone. Otherwise, there is never usage of minutes. What is misleading is that messages left to voicemail show up as minutes in the self-serve log. That is the only thing that needs "fixing".

Confirmed by PM here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

AND here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

I suspect the same problem exists with the language used...that it is imprecise and ambiguous leading to confusion.

Do not get fooled by the usage log. Even though calls leaving a voicemail show up in the usage log, the plan minutes are not used up. This is very easy to confirm and it has been confirmed for the $10 plan. I see no reason why it would be different for the $15 plan.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great I switched from $10 to this one upon renewal. If I already have autopay, it should automatically switched too right??

Mayor / Maire

@Deathprince wrote:

Great I switched from $10 to this one upon renewal. If I already have autopay, it should automatically switched too right??

Yes. Autopay is on the account...not the plan.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

great one, I will get one for my family, thx PM

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To all those who are quoting plans for other carriers, I really do appreciate the information.  That's what I like about this community - its openness to all information.

I am of the "give me all information so I can make my own decision" camp.  I like to weigh numerous aspects such as personal finances, geography, others' opinions/experiences, carrier history, etc... when I make an informed decision.  Based on this, many of my acquaintances and friends ask me for a good cell phone provider.  Right now, PM is the one!

This may change in the future, but from what I have read and experienced it will take quite a bit from other carriers/providers to change this opinion.

Highlighted

The Fido plan has zero minutes. So how is this better?

It's a pretty nice light weight plan and I'm considering getting some people on it but I'm concerned about the usage of minutes...

What concerns me the most is if people leave voicemail messages, and you don't bother to go in and check them, will it still automatically detract from your allotted minutes?

Is there any way to disable the voicemail or make sure it doesn't "steal" minutes from the plan? I've been searching through various past threads and there doesn't seem to be clear answers. Some say there are methods with android, but I'm interested for iphone.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any current/tested working methods for iphone users.