cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for another great option. 

Even though this plan doesn't match Freedom or Chatr's unlimited incoming minutes, we do have the option of adding on 200 or 400 long distance minutes at a very reasonable price that don't expire until used up along with the auto pay discount allows it to be very competitive IMO.

Now hoping that Public Mobile will sometime soon offer international roaming (similar to Freedom Mobile's world traveller).

youbme

Well done PM! These new plans are true to the "less for less" motto.

Keep it up, and I'll be on the lookout for more competitive plans with 2-3 gb of data...

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So happy to see this, and yesterday's plan, people have been wanting these for so long. I'll just echo someone earlier in the thread hoping we'll see a similar plan with about 3 gigs of data. But the two going now are fantastic.

Well done, Public Mobile!

Dan

@denis2 wrote:

The Fido $15.00 plan is only text no talk

You're right, I don't know how I saw the Canada wide texting as Canada wide calling. Fido plan sucks.

denis2

@wetcoaster 

@wetcoaster wrote:

@RossN wrote:

does the 250mb data replace the 2 dollar autopay or is it an extra bonus

@

Enabled auto pay gives you this plan including 250MB for $13.

It is an extra bonus

@RossN wrote:

Enabled auto pay for this plan gives you a total package of 100 Canada wide minutes (in &out), unlimited international text and 250MB for $13.

Edited for clarification.

For $13 with autopay, this plan is amazing!

I recall reading numerous posts in the last month or so of people complaining about PM not taking care of existing customers.  Well, this shows that PM is listening and here is our reward.  It will not satisfy everyone, but if you step back and look at the market and at other providers, these last two announcements are awesome.

I forwarded both to two other friends and they already got back to me saying these were unbelievable deals (and they have family members subscribed to almost every single provider out there).  I am sure they will be moving over here in the near future and will bring all their family members here.

I highly commend PM for their thoughtful specials in the last couple of days.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

All this talk of seniors and whatnot...my mother and MIL are with Telus. They had the same pay-as-you-go (PAYG) plan (neither of my doing) Telus obsoleted the PAYG and created a $3 plan and put those customers into it. For their needs, I still can't suggest to them to change to here for even $10. Let alone this $15 one.

I would agree that customers like them coming here would be just fine with the $10 plan.

@FBR

I thought it was confirmed that incoming calls directly to voicemail do not use minutes.  This was discussed for a long time on the $10 limited calling plan.

Have things changed?  @Alan_K, can you confirm either yes or no, incoming calls to voicemail are free?

coffee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is actually a $13 /month plan with auto-pay -- most seniors receiving a pension spend more money weekly just buying Tim Hortons. My aging 89 year old Mother in Law has a $55/month plan with Bell and jokes by saying "why should I budget just so the kids will have a higher inheritance?".  She has a good attitude and we hope she surpases 100.

@SD08 wrote:

@iPhone_PM_User wrote:

is this 3G or LTE data?

@iPhone_PM_User 

It is 3G data.  Any 3G plan is marked as such with an orange circle in the upper right corner in the plans page:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Data that's throttled to "3G" speed (3Mbps) but delivered over LTE where available.

As opposed to ChatR's 3G connection throughout (zero LTE connection).

Haiggy

This is amazing - data with auto pay. Brilliant!

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm really glad to see PM offering all these affordable/reasonable lite plans.

Now, if PM can somehow change the fact that incoming calls directed to voicemail still using up your minutes, then it would be icing on the cake!

Please? Smiley Very Happy

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iPhone_PM_User wrote:

is this 3G or LTE data?

@iPhone_PM_User 

It is 3G data.  Any 3G plan is marked as such with an orange circle in the upper right corner in the plans page:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

iPhone_PM_User
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is this 3G or LTE data?

denis2

Can anyone else match the $2.00 credit for autopay ?

They all have their own advantages

SomeFriend

Where’s the unlimited incoming talk like Chatr Wireless???  You didn’t completely match the plan..  😞

It’s a great plan regardless but I wish you matched that extra feature that people would enjoy.

mm2015
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Chatr & Freedom Mobile have $15 plans that include the 250MB data, unlimited global texting, 100 Canada Wide minutes + UNLIMITED INCOMING minutes.

You'd figure PM would include the same features since they were clearly matching competitor offers.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mm2015 , not sure about chatr or freedom mobile, PM's $15 does not offer unlimited incoming calling.

mm2015

To confirm, PM's $15 does NOT have an unlimited incoming calling feature like Freedom and Chatr?

frankieshi

PM Senior users don't need lot of text & Data, $10 monthly 50minutes and additional $15.00 for international 400 minutes(Can carry forward if it is not been used, $2.00 you get 50 minutes more minutes already), which make it better for minutes calling. Unless incoming is free, it is not really necessary for those people  to switch to $15 plan...

dezn

Amazing news! I just switched from $10 to this plan. This was long overdue for unlimited texting and bonus minutes and 250mb data is a welcoming bonus. Good job PM!

denis2

The Fido $15.00 plan is only text no talk

@Dan, activate this plan with the $25 promo before it expires online, and you'll get your 2nd cycle free, including the cost of the SIM.  What a deal that is!

Pizzaeh

Now we're talking!!! Will try to convince a mini-me to move over from Speakout prepaid for this plan, once their Speakout minutes are used up.  The unlimited text is the killer feature.  

Dan

With the exception of it being postpaid, the Fido plan for $15 seems better than this plan, since they offer LTE speed and unlimited canadawide minutes, while PM offers throtled LTE speed and only 100 minutes. Of course, with the rewards, the PM offer goes below $15, which makes it more attractive, but at $15 dollars the Fido offer is very good.

@apaleksic2, the $10 plan has been a huge draw, but the lack of SMS add-ons was and still is an issue that folks are hindered by.

The introduction of this new $15 plan is a no brainer upgrade for those on the current $10 plan.  The bonus of 250mb isn't even needed for most folks on the $10, but is certainly a great little bump.

When add-on minutes for talk plans are so cheap here, the 200 or 400 minutes are worth the price.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

seems like $15 plan is special offer, are they going to disappear if not switching recently. I purchase add on data for $10 not long time ago, and would like to make it switch after I used the data.

apaleksic2

You guys really really should think about adding unlimited incoming calls. Chatr has unlimited incoming in their plan and you would really blow them out of the water if you did. I don't think your 15 dollar plan would convince a lot of people to switch to you for this plan. It's disappointing

Need Help? Let's chat.