cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Back to School and Save Up to $160 on your next Certified Pre Owned Phone!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We want to help you get prepared for back to school, with some A+ savings on Certified Pre Owned Phones. From now until September 6, purchase a phone, and receive a $30 credit credit. Plus, we have some limited time discounts on your favourite devices, like the iPhone XR from $279 (save $160)!

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Using your Public Mobile account email address, purchase a Public Mobile Certified Pre-Owned phone by Sept 6. 
  2. Receive your $30 bill credit during the last week of September. 

Offer details:

• Offer available online only. Effective August 24 - September 6 at 11:59PM ET
  • Limited to one bill credit per Public Mobile account. 
  • This offer is subject to change without notice. 
  • Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the cost each month. 
  • New customers have until September 16 to activate.

Good to know: 

• Your Certified Pre-Owned warranty has you covered for any manufacturer defects for 1 year (excluding Physical / Liquid damage) starting from the date of purchase. 
  • You can return your purchase for an exchange or refund, with the original sales receipt, within 30 days from your purchase date.

Visit our catalog to find your Certified Pre Owned today. Great phones for less, it’s why you’ll love them.

- Public Mobile Team 

22 REPLIES 22

Thanks.

@hycm53 wrote:

It's interesting, but this time I tried going in as a guest, it worked! I entered the same email address as I have for self service, but I'm not sure if I could get 30$ credit.

Yes, you will get the $30. The conditions stated that the same e-mail address had to be used. Customers have never had to create an online store account to purchase SIM cards or CPO phones.

It's interesting, but this time I tried going in as a guest, it worked! I entered the same email address as I have for self service, but I'm not sure if I could get 30$ credit.

AnaVR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you want to purchase something on PM you will have to create a third account (same email address and new password). 

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a phone on PM and was having the same issue you are having so after pressing “Checkout” it gives you the option of “Sign In” or “Continue as a guest” . Tried going in as a guest but that did not work either. Each time I tried it would tell me my shipping address and invoice address does not match!  Finally I read a post that stated that another account needs to be created for purchases.

Under the caption “Sign In” it gives you the option of creating an account. Once I created my third account I was successful in purchasing the phone.  You will have to do the same if you want to buy anything on PB unfortunately. 

as for the $30 credit, “the $30 bill credit will be applied during the last week of Sept.”

i hope this helps,

I do have one account for community and one account for self service account, but don't have a account for purchases. 

What did you mean "Going as a guest does not work either" ?  

AnaVR

Hello, 

you are going to end up with three separate accounts; one for community, one for account and one for purchases. I learned the hard way. Going as a guest does not work either.

good luck,

Thanks!

@hycm53 wrote:

You mean using guest checkout ? But how can I get $30 credit if I use guest checkout?

@hycm53   With guest checkout, there is still a field for email address I think.  Just make sure the email address is same as My Account's  

But again, you can create a new account on the ordering system.  Just make sure the account there has the same email address as My Account

You mean using guest checkout ? But how can I get $30 credit if I use guest checkout?

@hycm53 

The login for ordering sim cards and phones isn't the same as your Self Serve account.  Also, no account is needed. There is a guest vheckout option.

@hycm53 PM is a very confusing company.  The Order system is not linked to Community or My Account.  They are basically 3 separate systems with different login.

So, on the ordering system, please create a new account, you can use the same email address, to make your order

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

I get error message "Incorrect email or password" when I tried login in my account using Public Mobile account on order page. But at meantime I successful login my account in Public Mobil login page! 

Please help!

ScreenShot_20220906111737.jpegScreenShot_20220906111737.jpeg

_markymark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Noce

@doulaonthedrive    Submit a ticket to customer support to make the change for the correct email via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket, then send a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

doulaonthedrive
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, so I ordered a new phone but just realized that there was a typo in my email address. How do I get it corrected so that I get the credit to my account and so that any shipment information is sent to the correct address?

@softech wrote:

@AnaVR   If you do not mind, buy one again to get the $30

for the original order, wait until it arrives and then arrange a refund

If I were the customer and this happened, I would be slightly hesistant to buy the phone again then to return the original purchase. This is because these are used phones and not brand new.  This means that each device will have slight differences, especially in physical charactertics, that just aren't usually there in new devices.    There are times when purchasing a used/CPO device that you're happy that you ended up with the device that you did and might not wish to lose the one that you got.

@AnaVR   If you do not mind, buy one again to get the $30

for the original order, wait until it arrives and then arrange a refund

AnaVR

Hi, I tried that yesterday. Asked twice very nicely but it was a no go! I was hoping the Community might have other solutions. 

Thanks,

@AnaVR wrote:

Hey,

received my new certified preowned phone on Tuesday and announcement made on Wednesday. Is there anyway that I can get that $30 promo? 

Thanks

@AnaVR - you never know...see what customer support has to say if you inquire and ask nicely..

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

AnaVR

Hey,

received my new certified preowned phone on Tuesday and announcement made on Wednesday. Is there anyway that I can get that $30 promo? 

Thanks

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM For some reason Google Pixel 4A and Pixel 5 are not showing up in the catalog, but available via direct link. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Ooo, and email and an announcement. 🙂

Thanks for the information and details @J_PM 

Need Help? Let's chat.