cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@Jasnil123 wrote:

Hey so is does this plan work in Canada is it basically 10 gb data if u don’t go to states ? 

The 2GB can only be used while roaming.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@hasan9800 wrote:

Good Morning, 

$60 UL Canada and US with 2GB

Amazing plan, but after 1 year, can you continue on the same plan? Or you have to change plans?

I know some plans have expire, how does this plan stands up? 

The plans that expired over the last few months just disappeared from the list of available plans. No one was forced off a plan to another plan because of this.

Terry

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Vidal wrote:

I said switch two phones To the new plan my phone reset back to zero on the data my sons phone didn’t reset back to zero it’s now says it’s downloaded 5 1/2 gig where he hasn’t even downloaded one Gig the whole time he’s been on public mobile by what his iPhone says .

Do you mean that his iPhone says he’s used 5.5gb and it hasn’t reset or that the online portal does?

if it’s his iPhone then it won’t reset unless you manually reset the usage. The iPhone doesn’t know when you changed plans (even if you put in a new SIM card the usage is still the same)

Public Mobile

@hamaida wrote:

@Alan_KThats nice, I just took it.  Thank you!

That's awesome! Glad you like it Smiley Happy

Also set the cycle date on the iPhone. Thats maybe the reason why its reading a high data count. Also check which App could be draining it. Online portal will automatically reset on its own depending on your plan. The phone will need to be adjusted manually. 

I also would like to add, 

In the states it the sim prefers AT&T network.

On full bars 150mbps

Phone: Blu Vivo xi+

Plus extended range in the valleys and mountain. Very stable Network. 

Thank you Public Mobile! 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am very interested in switching from.freedom for this plan....i need to clarify: If I go to the US for a few weeks, I can still use my own phone to call and text to Canada/US, AND I have 2gb of data? NO extra purchase required? NO unexpected roaming costs?

Mayor / Maire

@Ngoik wrote:

I am very interested in switching from.freedom for this plan....i need to clarify: If I go to the US for a few weeks, I can still use my own phone to call and text to Canada/US, AND I have 2gb of data? NO extra purchase required? NO unexpected roaming costs?

The phone has to be unlocked and compatible of course.

No extra charges here.

Yes...it's like a North America-wide calling plan.

@z10user4 wrote:

No extra charges here.

However, it's not North American-wide.  It's anywhere in Canada and the US where you can get signal from Telus/Bell, or AT&T/T-Mobile networks.  It doesn't include Mexico or any of the Caribbean Islands.

I hate it when those who live overseas call Canada as America.  We are part of the Continent of North America, we are not part of the US of America (America being the favour short-form of the United States of America).

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

No extra charges here.

However, it's not North American-wide.  It's anywhere in Canada and the US where you can get signal from Telus/Bell, or AT&T/T-Mobile networks.  It doesn't include Mexico or any of the Caribbean Islands.

I hate it when those who live overseas call Canada as America.  We are part of the Continent of North America, we are not part of the US of America (America being the favour short-form of the United States of America).

And I don't agree that Mexico is part of North America. I define it as Central America. Probably simply due to the language and history. I did use the word "like". I know I know NAFTA and all that although now that name has changed. As for Caribbean...I believe services will work in some US-controlled islands like Puerto Rico and the like.

I agree with you about the overseas folks. I used to do some international travel for work and frequently corrected people on that.