cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@tehowennathe wrote:

How long is this offer good? Not able to switch plans right away and it's a welcome as I have family in US and visit often. 


As this is a limited time offer, you should go the change plan in Self-Serve (My Account) and lock in a plan change for your next renewal.  This will change automatically and your plan should renew to it without issue.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Does not work can not change plans just get an error every time .. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Great to see a new plan arrive! This will be great news for some. While I haven't yet had the need for the $20/10 add on I have already wished there was a US add on that worked like the other add ons, IE: it works  only when needed and never expires until it is exhausted. We live close to the US border we make occasional day trips but I am not going to activate a $20/10 day add on that will expire 10 days later just to make a call.

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@Vidal wrote:

Does not work can not change plans just get an error every time .. 


Are you doing an immediate or future date change?

 

If immediate, you must top up funds for full payment, if future renewal, it should just accept it and say ok.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

I wonder if the US data only works in the US, not Canada? In other words, if you haven't used your US data but exxhaust your 8.5 GB in Canada will the US data begin to be used? Similar to the voice add ons in Canada. If you use yo the 100 minutes of outgoing on the $15 plan and have a US  calling add on it will be used.

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@AE_Collector wrote:

I wonder if the US data only works in the US, not Canada? In other words, if you haven't used your US data but exxhaust your 8.5 GB in Canada will the US data begin to be used? Similar to the voice add ons in Canada. If you use yo the 100 minutes of outgoing on the $15 plan and have a US  calling add on it will be used.


The advertising is such that the roaming data only works while in the U.S.

 

As for long distance add-ons, those can't be used for roaming.

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@zfx wrote:

When will PM include roaming service to other countries in Europe or Asia


Maybe soon, maybe never

 

Anything anyone except what Publc Mobile would be a guess.  Nothing has been announced.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@stonechucker wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

How long is this offer good? Not able to switch plans right away and it's a welcome as I have family in US and visit often. 


As this is a limited time offer, you should go the change plan in Self-Serve (My Account) and lock in a plan change for your next renewal.  This will change automatically and your plan should renew to it without issue.


I'm a former Public Mobile customer who is looking to switch back as roaming was getting expensive. That's why in asking how long this offer is good for.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@tehowennathe wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

How long is this offer good? Not able to switch plans right away and it's a welcome as I have family in US and visit often. 


As this is a limited time offer, you should go the change plan in Self-Serve (My Account) and lock in a plan change for your next renewal.  This will change automatically and your plan should renew to it without issue.


I'm a former Public Mobile customer who is looking to switch back as roaming was getting expensive. That's why in asking how long this offer is good for.


As a former PM customer, you know that the Community Forum is made up of PM users just like you. We have no window on inside information. Most would suggest that if the plan is one you can use...get it while it's available. Sometimes these promos last a few days and sometimes longer. No way to predict.

Good luck and welcome back...if you do.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

There is no set expiry date. I would expect it to be available through summer at minimum and it could be offered for the next couple of years,no one really knows. If you check in here every couple of days there is usually a notice posted when plans are going to expire within the next week or so. Once you have a plan in all likelihood it will remain available to you as a grandfathered plan as long as you don't switch away from it.