cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 11, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Say hello to Summer :)! We’ve got the perfect plan for anyone headed state-side this Summer. For a limited time only, effective July 19th, 2019, you could get 8.5 GB of Canada Wide data, plus 2 GB of US Data Roaming, and Unlimited US roaming/Canada US Talk & Text for $60/mo! 

Plan details:

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa! 
  • Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
  • International text included in both Canada + U.S.
  • New and current customers are eligible

How this plan works:

Making a call to someone in Canada

Making a call to someone outside of Canada

In Canada

Included

Only U.S. included 

In U.S.

Included

Only U.S. included

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$60 unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

380 REPLIES 380

Good plan, especially for us traveler. 

Add us romaing addon like that, $10 one time for 2GB data for one month.  or something similar.  Smiley Happy

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Like any other roaming service, MMS will most likely count towards data usage while roaming in the US but not within Canada, on Public Mobile’s network.

What I’d like to see is better US roaming addons (and domestic data addons) and possibly international roaming, since the roaming agreements are already in place at Telus.

robertmay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ah yes, i was only thinking about how good the usa data would be to have, never thought about the roaming for calls and text.

@sherr6 wrote:

This looks like the first Public Mobile plan that includes unlimited text, but only to the U.S. and not to any other International destinations.

Also, does it include MMS? The details are vague.

Clarrification on whether this plan this plan includes outgoing text messages worldwide while you're either in Canada or the U.S. should come shortly.  However, in the past, Public Mobile did use to have plans before that didn't include outgoing texts to anywhere (only within Canada).

As for MMS, I'm almost certain that's included. I don't beleive there's ever been a plan with text messaging that didn't also include MMS.

sherr6

@SD08 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Not bad if you travel to USA or call USA often.  The regular 8.5 gb sells for 50$, so for 10 more you get USA calling and roaming talk text and 2gb data.

I'll probably stick to my current plan. 

I'm pretty sure the $50 plan has the USA calling part too. This just gives the 2GB of US data I think.

The $50 plan includes calling to Canada and the U.S. while you are in Canada. This $60 plan works while you are in the U.S. as well, so it can replace what a U.S. roaming add-on does.

The $60 plan include unlimited text in both countries too.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Psygineer wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Not bad if you travel to USA or call USA often.  The regular 8.5 gb sells for 50$, so for 10 more you get USA calling and roaming talk text and 2gb data.

I'm pretty sure the $50 plan has the USA calling part too. This just gives the 2GB of US data I think.

The $50 plan includes calling to Canada and the U.S. while you are in Canada. This $60 plan works while you are in the U.S. as well, so it can replace what a U.S. roaming add-on does.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Great plan especially for people who travel to the US alot of the time. Saves PM subscribers from  having to purchase a us roaming add-on or another sim for other providers.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K   I just signed into my account to view this plan (out of curiousity mostly), and I don't see the plan available.  Also I was wondering why I didn't receive an email alert for this which I'm signed up to receive or does this not qualify for deal alerts notice?

Edit:  Ignore the first sentence, I obviously missed the timeline starting tomorrow:)

sherr6

This looks like the first Public Mobile plan that includes unlimited text, but only to the U.S. and not to any other International destinations.

Also, does it include MMS? The details are vague.

SMS & MMS is in fact included, Internationally!

• Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging
• Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

kelvarnsen

This looks interesting. Hope it is popular.

robertmay

this is a good question, the usa data makes this deal a great one for me, but it would be good to know about the speed

popping

This is a great plan for people going to USA frequently.

It may be good for snow birds.  But this plan is offered limited time only.

mimmo

SD08

Thanks, PM.  Interesting, a regular plan that includes roaming for those who frequently visit the US.  Something new and unusual for PM.  I wonder what other surprises might be in the pipeline.  Smiley Happy

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This plan will sell for itself.  Start referring more friends and make more savings:) 

This plan might not be for everyone when it comes to price. I do wonder if this opens up an opportunity for a roaming add-on that includes u.s. roaming talk, text, and 2GB for a good price.   On the bright side, I'm hoping that the roaming being included in the base plan might eliminate that incoming text messaging bug that some people run into after returning from the States.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good value for money plan. 

sherr6

Is the 2 GB of US Data throttled too?

Edit: Also, does the weird restriction to those 6-8 area codes and prefixes apply, or has it been removed?

2nd edit: Yes the calling restriction applies.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881. 

selva1

Great news PM! Absolutely, I will get this plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.