cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!


@popping wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

If I select this plan is the price locked in or is it variable based on future rates/offers?


The price of you plan will be locked in.  It will not change as long as you do not change your plan.


Public Mobile as able to change rates without notice. Nothing is guaranteed.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!


@Effort wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

If I select this plan is the price locked in or is it variable based on future rates/offers?


The price of you plan will be locked in.  It will not change as long as you do not change your plan.


Public Mobile as able to change rates without notice. Nothing is guaranteed.


This seems like it would punish those who have auto-pay enabled.  Has PM ever increased rates for their old plans?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Here's my experience.  I'm a member since summer 2016.  I am on the Fall Promo (activated in December 2016) on the 12GB 90-day cycle $120 plan that everyone is envious of.

 

I am still on this plan.  In February 2018, Public Mobile advised by text message, they were going to raise my plan price in late March or early April of 2018 to $150.  There was a huge backlash.  They cancelled the increase, and I'm on this plan and price is still $120/90-day cycle.

 

I was given at least 30-days notice as agreed to in the terms of service at the time.

 

 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!


@stonechucker wrote:

Here's my experience.  I'm a member since summer 2016.  I am on the Fall Promo (activated in December 2016) on the 12GB 90-day cycle $120 plan that everyone is envious of.

 

I am still on this plan.  In February 2018, Public Mobile advised by text message, they were going to raise my plan price in late March or early April of 2018 to $150.  There was a huge backlash.  They cancelled the increase, and I'm on this plan and price is still $120/90-day cycle.

 

I was given at least 30-days notice as agreed to in the terms of service at the time.

 

 


That is good to know 😁

Thank you for sharing!

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!


@Poogzley wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Here's my experience.  I'm a member since summer 2016.  I am on the Fall Promo (activated in December 2016) on the 12GB 90-day cycle $120 plan that everyone is envious of.

 

I am still on this plan.  In February 2018, Public Mobile advised by text message, they were going to raise my plan price in late March or early April of 2018 to $150.  There was a huge backlash.  They cancelled the increase, and I'm on this plan and price is still $120/90-day cycle.

 

I was given at least 30-days notice as agreed to in the terms of service at the time.

 

 


That is good to know 😁

Thank you for sharing!


 @Poogzley: Check the specific keywords used. ToS "at the time". They've changed the wording. They can change it now if they feel like it. Really...like any business.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

@z10user4@Poogzley,

 

Copied this from the Services Terms link available at the bottom of every page today, November 16, 2018, at 10:36 Eastern Time :

 

Can the terms of service change? Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

 

NOTE : the bold is my mark up.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!


@stonechucker wrote:

@z10user4@Poogzley,

 

Copied this from the Services Terms link available at the bottom of every page today, November 16, 2018, at 10:36 Eastern Time :

 

Can the terms of service change? Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

 

NOTE : the bold is my mark up.


Thanks stonechucker. Yes. I linked to that in another thread. But it's not *really* notice is it. Before renewing each time, who's going to go look and see if anything has changed.

Notice, to me, would be "Dear Mr. stonechucker: your rate plan price is about to change".

Would the regulars here hear about it? Certainly. But the many thousands of satisfied customers would just go about renewing their plans and then discover afterwards that the price changed. *Then* we would hear about it. Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

@z10user4, if you read my previous post above, I was notified via an SMS message from Public Mobile that the plan was going, raising the price.  How is this not notice from Public Mobile?

 

I'm done explaining.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!


@stonechucker wrote:

@z10user4, if you read my previous post above, I was notified via an SMS message from Public Mobile that the plan was going, raising the price.  How is this not notice from Public Mobile?

 

I'm done explaining.


That was then. You said it yourself... "tos at the time". The wording now seems to be that they can change the price without notice. I wasn't here then. Maybe after the big backlash they changed the wording. I dunno.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Settle down boys

 

Taken from CRTC website, section on the Wireless Code - you can skip down to point 2.1

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

 

Basically prepaid committment period is to end of your 30/90 days. 30 days before any changes

 

D. Changes to contracts and related documents

1. Changes to key contract terms and conditions
  1. A service provider must not change the key contract terms and conditions of a postpaid wireless contract during the commitment period without the account holder’s or authorized user’s informed and express consent.
  2. When a service provider notifies a customer that it intends to change a key contract term or condition during the commitment period, the account holder or authorized user may refuse the change.
  3. As an exception, a service provider may only change a key contract term or condition during the commitment period without the account holder’s or authorized user’s express consent if it clearly benefits the customer by either
    1. reducing the rate for a single service; or
    2. increasing the customer’s usage allowance for a single service.
2. Changes to other contract terms and conditions or related documents
  1. If, during the commitment period, a service provider wishes to change other contract terms and conditions or the related documents, it must provide the account holder with at least 30 calendar days’ notice before making such changes.
  2. This notice must explain the change and when it will take effect.