cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

I don't really understand your logic/description/operation.

I activated a line yesterday in Walmart, staff there could not find this promo on their system, so today I did self-serve per the first post, now I'm getting these transactions, does that mean I paid 30 days' charge for less than 24 hours?

PublicMobile.png

Mayor / Maire

@carlsun wrote:

I don't really understand your logic/description/operation.

I activated a line yesterday in Walmart, staff there could not find this promo on their system, so today I did self-serve per the first post, now I'm getting these transactions, does that mean I paid 30 days' charge for less than 24 hours?

Yes. You did what's called an immediate plan change. You could ask the mods nicely to make it what you want and to credit your account (not a refund). And only because you're new and it was immediately after signing up.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Thank you very much for your detail explanation, I just sent a PM to moderator team, hope they can help me out.

Meanwhile I hope Public Mobile could improve their system, because I don't really think I was switching the plan, I was just trying to get a promo.

Thanks again.

Mayor / Maire

@carlsun wrote:

Thank you very much for your detail explanation, I just sent a PM to moderator team, hope they can help me out.

Meanwhile I hope Public Mobile could improve their system, because I don't really think I was switching the plan, I was just trying to get a promo.

Thanks again.

It would have given you all kinds of warnings as to what the immediate change would do.

You had a plan. Then immediately changed it.

It's an acceptable practice for some. Usually when they run out of data and they want a bigger bucket of data and they don't really care about the cost.

Was recently helping someone who wanted a new bucket with a 90 day plan. They were only about a month in and they paid up anyway foregoing 2 months of prepaid service.

My billing cycle is on Dec 9, I'm leaving out of the country for over a month on Dec 8. I was already on Autopay to get the $2 off per month so I figured why not switch to this promo and get the $2 off and an extra 500MB. I have set it change on the next renewal.

My plan however was to take the autopay off and don't pay for the month that I won't be here. Then when I get back re-enable the account with autopay again.

If I do that what happens? My plan just will stay as it's since I will be taking the autopay off before my next renewal?

Is there a risk of losing this promo or the one I have now if the current plan I have is not available in mid January?

Mayor / Maire

@Saulin, the option you’re suggesting should be fine.  Turning off AutoPay should allow you to hold the plan change.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

@luke11992 wrote:

If I was to modify my service to get this deal, will the extra data remain this way for the remainder of my time with PM? Or is the bonus data only active during this offer period?

It'll stop if and when you stop autopay. It's an autopay bonus. No autopay. No bonus.

Ok great, thank you!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Why can't we get this on a 90 day offer @Brooke_C, @Moderator_Team, if possible please advise how.  Are the 90 day pay offers being phased out at some point?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes you will get both the 500MB and $2 discount as long as you have auto pay on.