Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

All of the above plans will receive a bonus 500 MB for anyone who signs up with AutoPay. This offer is available to new and current customers. And, as usual, voicemail and call display are included in the plan price.

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Given this is a limited time offer, we recommend visiting participating retailers to purchase a SIM Card. Find one nearest to you here
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select one of the above eligible promotional plans and register for AutoPay.
  1. Log in on Self Serve.
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”.
  3. Select “Change Plan”.
  4. Select one of the above eligible promotional plans. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. Be sure to register for AutoPay, if you haven’t already done so.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For more information, please read the FAQs in the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

How long will the AutoPay bonus data be available?

The 500MB AutoPay bonus data will reset each time your 30 day plan renews. This means you can use the additional 500MB every 30 days like you would use the rest of your plan data. That being said, offers are subject to change without notice.

What is AutoPay and how do I register for it?

Great question! You can learn more about AutoPay here. Registering for AutoPay differs depending on whether you are a new or an existing customer:

• New customers- In Step 4 of the activation process called ‘Making a Payment’, you will need to select ‘Register for AutoPay’.
  • Existing customers- Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’.

What happens if I’m on AutoPay to get the promotional offer and then choose to remove AutoPay afterwards? Am I still eligible for the bonus data?

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

I am currently registered for AutoPay and am on one of the following plans that does not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus:

• *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Do I need to do something to get the 500MB AutoPay bonus added?

Yes, to receive the AutoPay bonus data you will need to change your plan so that it matches one of the AutoPay bonus plans.

If you do not change your plan, it will not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus.

What happens if one of the above eligible promotional plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of the above eligible promotional plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the promotional plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am an existing customer.

What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

Also, how do I change my plan?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

237 REPLIES 237

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well, then, that's a win-win for me!! 500 MB more data for doing nothing, since I already have auto pay. Thanks PM for a great offer!

This is a good lesson for me. I need to keep coming back to the community to keep up on the latest offers.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rascal wrote:

Does that auto pay discount still apply or will the plan actually cost me an additional $2.00?

To clarify -- I think all plans you see represent prices before any auto-pay discount.  I know there's confusion because there used to be some plans that reflected the price after the discount (e.g. in early 2018 I signed onto a plan that was adverised as $30/30 days (with fine print about the auto-pay), but was actually a $32/30 days plan).

So now, if you see a $30/30 day plan (normally includes 500MB data only, but would now be 1GB as long as you remain on auto-pay), for example, you'll effectively be paying $28 with the auto-pay reward active.  I think it goes without exception on all published in-market plans.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Rewards are in addition to any plan you have.  All plans in the plan section are eligable for rewards

@Rascal wrote:

Yes I have autopay and I understand that I need to have that operating in order to receive the extra 500 MB. My question is will I still receive the discount for having autopay or do I lose the reward to compensate for the extra data?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rascal wrote:

Man! I haven't been in the community for awhile due to a move and extreme busyness. You snooze, you lose!

I just noticed this extra 500 MB offer and my question is the same as has been asked. Does that auto pay discount still apply or will the plan actually cost me an additional $2.00?

The plans are still available on the plan page. It's that you get the 500mb IF you have and stay with autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rascal wrote:

Yes I have autopay and I understand that I need to have that operating in order to receive the extra 500 MB. My question is will I still receive the discount for having autopay or do I lose the reward to compensate for the extra data?

Oh the reward....yes it stays. You get the reward and the bonus. But you have to switch over to one of those plans. And remember...if you currently have a promo plan and it's no longer available then you would lose it.

Rascal

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rascal wrote:

Man! I haven't been in the community for awhile due to a move and extreme busyness. You snooze, you lose!

I just noticed this extra 500 MB offer and my question is the same as has been asked. Does that auto pay discount still apply or will the plan actually cost me an additional $2.00?

The plans are still available on the plan page. It's that you get the 500mb IF you have and stay with autopay.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rascal wrote:

...With one of the applicable plans (i.e. $30+ with data).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rascal wrote:

Rascal

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @sonamgloria

Thanks for reaching out to us! We've replied to your private message.

Please check your inbox 🙂

Cheers

Syed

@CS_Agent Would the answer not be beneficial for all customers? After all the question was a generic one. If so, please share the answer here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @sonamgloria

Thanks for reaching out to us! We've replied to your private message.

Please check your inbox 🙂

Cheers

Syed

mimmo

@Anonymous yeah decided to drop the _l sorry for the confusion. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Someone_here wrote:

@pm-smayer97 and @mimmo, thanks for your answers! I feel stupid for question #1 now, should have known better! Smiley Frustrated

Funny. I was ready say that it looked like mimmo_L had competition for his username so went with mimmo_L. But now I see he got it changed.

@pm-smayer97 and @mimmo, thanks for your answers! I feel stupid for question #1 now, should have known better! Smiley Frustrated

CalgaryBen

@sonamgloria wrote:

I'm on the 10$ off every month for 6 months...  Does this mean, I can change my plan now to the " Be on AutoPay @30$ per month and get an extra 500MB of data", and still have my $10 discount for the first 6 months? 

Thanks for the clarification... 

@sonamgloria yes, that's exactly correct.  That extra clause was added because of people in your exact situation, wanting to migrate to another plan, but unsure of whether they'd lose the promo.  The clause also clarifies that you'd lose the promo if you drop to a lower-priced plan (because before they added that clause, the description of the promo only indicated that you had to activate on a $30+/30 day plan and didn't stipulate that you had to stay on the plan to enjoy the promo.

sonamgloria
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Greetings,

I am a little confused about the updated message here on the first post: 

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

I'm on the 10$ off every month for 6 months...  Does this mean, I can change my plan now to the " Be on AutoPay @30$ per month and get an extra 500MB of data", and still have my $10 discount for the first 6 months? 

Thanks for the clarification... 

@mimmo wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

Not sure if this was answered already, but one of my friend is on these 500 mb bonus plans and she is leaving the country for three months. 

Usefull info to take into account: 

• She has no available funds in her account
  • She has auto-pay enabled
  • She knows about the 90 day suspension limit
  • She doesn't want to forward calls and/or text anywhere

Question 1. If she disable autopay, then obviously her plan won't renew and she won't get the 500 mb bonus data. If she reactivate autopay on the 88th-89th day of suspension, she will still be on the same plan, will her plan renew with the 500 mb bonus?

Question 2. If not, I guess using the lost/stolen feature when she leaves the country until the 88th-89th day of suspension would be safe?

(unrelated) Question 3. Either way, once she enables autopay again or once she disables the lost/stolen feature, will her plan renew automatically or are there any other additional steps to be taken? (I feel I should know that one, but I can't remember).

From the promo spoiler

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

As for using the most stolen feature to bypass the autopay requirement, its an interesting question... Im not sure anyone can confirm this.  @Alan_K any thoughts.

I think she will have to make a payment to reactivate it.

re: 1. rules are simple there... disable AutoPay and you lose the bonus.

re #2. Theoretically, since Autopay is not disabled, even if when you reactivate you do not get the bonus back, it could be argued that it you should get it. The problem is whether mods have the ability to add a feature back that is lost that are tied to promotions. Only a mod can answer that.

re: #3. There has been a lot of discussion about problems re-activating when an account is suspended/on hold/marked lost-stolen.... Theoretically, once a plan is taken off hold/plan resumed, the system is supposed to re-activate the account if there are sufficient funds of if AutoPay is enabled. BUT there have been problems with this and it does not work as planned. It does not seem to be a clear as to why nor work-arounds are not consistent. So, there are a few things to try. If the first does not work try the next one: 

1. click Re-activate Account on Overview page (first one when you log in).

2. click on Lost/Stolen tab (Under Plans & Addons). Then click Resume Plan

3. add funds to the account (minimum $1). This seems to work the most reliably and triggers the immediate renewal of the plan (as long as there are sufficient funds or AutoPay is turned on; which in the case of wanting to preserve the bonus add-on, it should already be).

HTH.

mimmo

@Someone_here wrote:

Not sure if this was answered already, but one of my friend is on these 500 mb bonus plans and she is leaving the country for three months. 

Question 1. If she disable autopay, then obviously her plan won't renew and she won't get the 500 mb bonus data. If she reactivate autopay on the 88th-89th day of suspension, she will still be on the same plan, will her plan renew with the 500 mb bonus?

Question 2. If not, I guess using the lost/stolen feature when she leaves the country until the 88th-89th day of suspension would be safe?

(unrelated) Question 3. Either way, once she enables autopay again or once she disables the lost/stolen feature, will her plan renew automatically or are there any other additional steps to be taken? (I feel I should know that one, but I can't remember).

From the promo spoiler

As for using the most stolen feature to bypass the autopay requirement, its an interesting question... Im not sure anyone can confirm this.  @Alan_K any thoughts.

I think she will have to make a payment to reactivate it.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C wrote:

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

There is a problem with the Build Your Own Plan as those options do not match the promo above. In the past they use to match. @Brooke_C This is very confusing and should be fixed.

It used to be that 90 day plans were at least the same price as 3 x 30 day plans, and sometimes a little less. Now it seems PM is discouraging the 90 plans by charging a little more. I guess one could interpret this to mean they now want to charge for the privilege of rollover. 😕

But then they lose the benefit that someone will burn through their data faster and want to re-order sooner or buy an add-on. Another 😕

@stonechucker wrote:

@popping, i would say you’re safely on the 5GB without the forced AutoPay to keep the extra 500 GB.  As you left the original plan intact, you got it when the offer was changed for the future signups.

@mimmo wrote:

Great news.  Future dated a plan change for my mom.

Can we add 500gb bonus  to the 25$ talk and text plan?:) as the next promo?

@stonechucker

@mimmo

That would be great for sure 😉

@mimmo wrote:

@luke11992 wrote:

Looks like there's no longer any reason to be sticking with the 90 day plans.

sure there is, 

1. if you have inconsistent data usage.  you are able to span the usage over 90 days instead of 30.
  2. fewer payments= fewer occasions for things in selfserve to mess up.
  3. fewer requests for invoices

4. Possibly more refer-a-friend rewards (if your plan renews today and your friend leaves PM tomorrow, for the next 90 days you get $3 instead of $1 in rewards) (BUT, if your plan renews today and your friend joins tomorrow, then for the next 90 days you get $0 instead of $2).

mimmo

@luke11992 wrote:

sure there is, 

1. if you have inconsistent data usage.  you are able to span the usage over 90 days instead of 30.
  2. fewer payments= fewer occasions for things in selfserve to mess up.
  3. fewer requests for invoices

luke11992

raknahss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Including steps with screenshot to change to new $30 plan on next renewal date.
Hope will help other fellow members; new users in particular.PublicMobile_ChangePlan_NextRenewal.png

Psygineer

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

That's what I figured and why I blindly switched. Wasn't 100% on if it was an either/or situation or if it was really just an extra 500MB tacked onto my plan without any extra cost! (Extra cost as in losing the the $2 discount in lieu of getting an extra 500MB which I understand isn't the case.)

The only catch is that you had to future-date your plan change to take effect next billing cycle.  Otherwise, you would have had to pay for full price of the new plan now, and you would have also lost any unused data and anything paid for the portion of the old plan that you never used up.

It's future dated... although my Renewal is the 29th so a hard reset now wouldn't have hurt that bad!

Psygineer

@Luddite wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
The only catch is that you had to future-date your plan change to take effect next billing cycle.  Otherwise, you would have had to pay for full price of the new plan now, and you would have also lost any unused data and anything paid for the portion of the old plan that you never used up.

That and losing the ability to manage the data bucket over 90 days! Robot wink But the 1 GB/30 days is not far off the 1.5/90 days I was managing. I'm a happy PMer today. 

Actually, it means you get double the room to play still because accidentally burning 1GB in your first 30 days would leave you with 500MB for your last 60 days. Now you can burn 1GB every 30 days. That seems better than carry over or having to manage your data bucket! That's like an extra 1.5GB to play with in those 90 days (mind you it is still a 30 day plan and if you use 5MB in one month you will still only have 1GB the next... so I guess some hold over would be nice if you wanted to have a blaze of glory near the end of your 90 days but I think the compromise is worth it!)

@Luddite wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

That and losing the ability to manage the data bucket over 90 days! Robot wink But the 1 GB/30 days is not far off the 1.5/90 days I was managing. I'm a happy PMer today. 

I know that people have long said that the flexibility for data over 90 days is a good thing.  I always thought of 90 days plans being a bad thing because of the length of time that you're prepaying for.

@computergeek541 wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Psygineer wrote:

That's what I figured and why I blindly switched. Wasn't 100% on if it was an either/or situation or if it was really just an extra 500MB tacked onto my plan without any extra cost! (Extra cost as in losing the the $2 discount in lieu of getting an extra 500MB which I understand isn't the case.)

Need Help? Let's chat.