cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

I initiated plan change on my next renewal date to the $40 5GB plan yesterday.  I am on autopay since day 1.  In two days, I will know whether I get 5GB or (5GB + 500MB autopay bonus).

Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

I initiated plan change on my next renewal date to the $40 5GB plan yesterday.  I am on autopay since day 1.  In two days, I will know whether I get 5GB or (5GB + 500MB autopay bonus).

The Spoiler that stonechucker pointed out says you won't. Current customers have to select the promo to get the bonus.

Mayor / Maire

@popping, I would stay on that selection - you'll get the 5GB, and keep your current $2/30-day AutoPay.

If you change it, I don't know what you'll get.

I was going for the same plan earlier today, prior to seeing the changed offers.  I cancelled, and signed up for the 8.5 listed in self-serve without AutoPay reference in the self-serve interface - I'm concerned I'll lose my $2/30-day cycle now.  Looks like I may just stay on $120 fall Promo 2016 (again).

Mayor / Maire

The logical explanation is these "special" plans that were added days ago were always intended to be only valid (for the 500mb bonus) with the auto-pay but they only released the announcement days later.

The trouble for me is the lack of information in self serve. Regardless if they put it in an announcement hidden inside of a special tab that you need to click on will not be seen by everyone. There are many people that do not even understand what the "community forum" is.

If you go to google and type in "activate public mobile" and click the link to bring you to "get started" then you click "activate" when you chose a plan no where does it say that part of your bonus is only on auto-pay. This is misleading. New comers don't understand things as well as us. They are not "getting what they selected".

Mayor / Maire

I don't see why anybody wouldn't get/would lose the autopay reward... 

The announcement is about bonus data if you have autopay enabled.

Nothing was said about rewards, so why would it change...?

--> Autopay rewards are still a thing, for everybody to enjoy Smiley Wink

Mayor / Maire

You know what?  I do see the Autopay reward of $2 as a bonus because it brings plan prices down to $33, $38, $43, $48, etc.  But please, Public Mobile, don't do this crap where you are offering this plans to based on if customers are using Autopay. 

Some customers are not going to see this as a bonus and will instead see this as a penalty for not being on Autopay.   I'll be very surprised if the decision makes at Public Mobile didn't already realize this.  Instead of attracting new customers or make it so that existing customer will switch to a slightly more expensive plan, the sentifments in this thread suggest that you've actually upset your customer base.  Isn't that the opposite that a promotion is supposed to achieve?

I suspect that if you switch to this plan even without Autopay enabled, that the full data amount (with bonus) will show up, although I haven't tried.  :Let's see if Public Mobile backs down on this Autopay requirement.

Oracle

@popping wrote:

It is settled, you are the crash test dummy.  Put on the crash helmet and buckle up!  Let's hope the deals are stackable. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Brooke_CI went to change my plan but in the plan builder there is no mention regarding auto-pay bonus on the select plans, can you please explain if this is a misprint, not properly updated or its meant to be hidden so the customer doesn't actually know they will lose part of their data during auto-payment removal or glitch fail?

Mayor / Maire

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Brooke_CI went to change my plan but in the plan builder there is no mention regarding auto-pay bonus on the select plans, can you please explain if this is a misprint, not properly updated or its meant to be hidden so the customer doesn't actually know they will lose part of their data during auto-payment removal or glitch fail?

LOL  The fallout continues.

When did we become so suspicious of our cell phone carriers?

I actually think that the plans are quite good, but it's the Autpay requirement that rubs me the wrong way, and the fact that this wasn't exactly made clear to customers.  The plan details have now been changed to reflect that the 500MB is an Autopay bonus, so at least that fact is now clearly advertised.

Public Mobile

@RobertQc, thanks for your keen eye. We are working on fixing this ASAP! Our Self-Serve should match the new AutoPay bonus data promotional plans in this announcement. Until this is fixed, customers will be able to change their plan to or activate on any of the plans they can see in our portal.

@will13am, we have expired the following promotional plans and introduced new promotions. The difference between the promotional plans, as you mentioned, is that we have added eligibility criteria that you need to be on AutoPay in order to receive the additional data. If you have future dated your plan change to one of the plans on the left, and would like to continue with that same selection on your plan renewal, no action is required. I’ve updated this in the FAQs so that this is clearer as well. Apologies for the confusion!

Expired Promotional Plans

New Promotional Plans

$35 for 1.5 GB at 3G speed + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk

$40 for 5 GB at 3G speed + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk

$45 for 6.5 GB at 3G speed + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk

$50 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

• $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed + 500MB AutoPay Bonus + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed + 500MB AutoPay Bonus + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed + 500MB AutoPay Bonus + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed + 500MB AutoPay Bonus + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk