Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

All of the above plans will receive a bonus 500 MB for anyone who signs up with AutoPay. This offer is available to new and current customers. And, as usual, voicemail and call display are included in the plan price.

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Given this is a limited time offer, we recommend visiting participating retailers to purchase a SIM Card. Find one nearest to you here
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select one of the above eligible promotional plans and register for AutoPay.
  1. Log in on Self Serve.
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”.
  3. Select “Change Plan”.
  4. Select one of the above eligible promotional plans. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. Be sure to register for AutoPay, if you haven’t already done so.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For more information, please read the FAQs in the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

How long will the AutoPay bonus data be available?

The 500MB AutoPay bonus data will reset each time your 30 day plan renews. This means you can use the additional 500MB every 30 days like you would use the rest of your plan data. That being said, offers are subject to change without notice.

What is AutoPay and how do I register for it?

Great question! You can learn more about AutoPay here. Registering for AutoPay differs depending on whether you are a new or an existing customer:

• New customers- In Step 4 of the activation process called ‘Making a Payment’, you will need to select ‘Register for AutoPay’.
  • Existing customers- Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’.

What happens if I’m on AutoPay to get the promotional offer and then choose to remove AutoPay afterwards? Am I still eligible for the bonus data?

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

I am currently registered for AutoPay and am on one of the following plans that does not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus:

• *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Do I need to do something to get the 500MB AutoPay bonus added?

Yes, to receive the AutoPay bonus data you will need to change your plan so that it matches one of the AutoPay bonus plans.

If you do not change your plan, it will not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus.

What happens if one of the above eligible promotional plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of the above eligible promotional plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the promotional plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am an existing customer.

What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

Also, how do I change my plan?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

237 REPLIES 237

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brooke_CI went to change my plan but in the plan builder there is no mention regarding auto-pay bonus on the select plans, can you please explain if this is a misprint, not properly updated or its meant to be hidden so the customer doesn't actually know they will lose part of their data during auto-payment removal or glitch fail?

@popping wrote:

I initiated plan change on my next renewal date to the $40 5GB plan yesterday.  I am on autopay since day 1.  In two days, I will know whether I get 5GB or (5GB + 500MB autopay bonus).

It is settled, you are the crash test dummy.  Put on the crash helmet and buckle up!  Let's hope the deals are stackable. 

You know what?  I do see the Autopay reward of $2 as a bonus because it brings plan prices down to $33, $38, $43, $48, etc.  But please, Public Mobile, don't do this crap where you are offering this plans to based on if customers are using Autopay. 

Some customers are not going to see this as a bonus and will instead see this as a penalty for not being on Autopay.   I'll be very surprised if the decision makes at Public Mobile didn't already realize this.  Instead of attracting new customers or make it so that existing customer will switch to a slightly more expensive plan, the sentifments in this thread suggest that you've actually upset your customer base.  Isn't that the opposite that a promotion is supposed to achieve?

I suspect that if you switch to this plan even without Autopay enabled, that the full data amount (with bonus) will show up, although I haven't tried.  :Let's see if Public Mobile backs down on this Autopay requirement.

I don't see why anybody wouldn't get/would lose the autopay reward... 

The announcement is about bonus data if you have autopay enabled.

Nothing was said about rewards, so why would it change...?

--> Autopay rewards are still a thing, for everybody to enjoy 😉

The logical explanation is these "special" plans that were added days ago were always intended to be only valid (for the 500mb bonus) with the auto-pay but they only released the announcement days later.

The trouble for me is the lack of information in self serve. Regardless if they put it in an announcement hidden inside of a special tab that you need to click on will not be seen by everyone. There are many people that do not even understand what the "community forum" is.

If you go to google and type in "activate public mobile" and click the link to bring you to "get started" then you click "activate" when you chose a plan no where does it say that part of your bonus is only on auto-pay. This is misleading. New comers don't understand things as well as us. They are not "getting what they selected".

@popping, I would stay on that selection - you'll get the 5GB, and keep your current $2/30-day AutoPay.

If you change it, I don't know what you'll get.

I was going for the same plan earlier today, prior to seeing the changed offers.  I cancelled, and signed up for the 8.5 listed in self-serve without AutoPay reference in the self-serve interface - I'm concerned I'll lose my $2/30-day cycle now.  Looks like I may just stay on $120 fall Promo 2016 (again).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

I initiated plan change on my next renewal date to the $40 5GB plan yesterday.  I am on autopay since day 1.  In two days, I will know whether I get 5GB or (5GB + 500MB autopay bonus).

The Spoiler that stonechucker pointed out says you won't. Current customers have to select the promo to get the bonus.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc, the Announcements community forum is the official place for everything promo related, plus the terms of service.

I think this type of information should be displayed outside the Spoiler, or at least referenced in the original post to see *further details* in the spoiler.  It currently does not show that in the original post.  I totally missed the spoiler at first as it was under the displayed chart (which seems to continue in the spoiler).  Cruel tricks are happening.

jp2

@RobertQc wrote:

Hidden inside an announcement in a "spoiler" that you need to click on inside of a community forum is different than signing up to public mobile using self serve and seeing nothing about 1gb + 500mb bonus data for auto-pay.

As it currently stands, there is no information regarding this auto-pay requirement in self serve plan selector or plan builder, so a subscriber who goes to sign up and clicks on "Special Offer! $35 for 1.5 GB at 3G speed" and doesn't use auto-pay will be extremely mad to find out its actually 1gb. There is NO REFERENCE to auto-pay bonus. It simply says 1.5GB for $35.

3555.png

It does say data bonus with auto pay when looking on the plans page but you are right they should have it in the plan selector as well so it is clear. 

jp2

@stonechucker wrote: 

Also, you're now listing 3G data packages in this post, not throttled LTE.  What's up with this?

Do you think they are actually trying to trick people into 3G data instead of 4G at 3G speed data or they just didn't make it clear enough?

Hidden inside an announcement in a "spoiler" that you need to click on inside of a community forum is different than signing up to public mobile using self serve and seeing nothing about 1gb + 500mb bonus data for auto-pay.

As it currently stands, there is no information regarding this auto-pay requirement in self serve plan selector or plan builder, so a subscriber who goes to sign up and clicks on "Special Offer! $35 for 1.5 GB at 3G speed" and doesn't use auto-pay will be extremely mad to find out its actually 1gb. There is NO REFERENCE to auto-pay bonus. It simply says 1.5GB for $35.

3555.png

jp2

@stonechucker wrote:

It says nothing about the $2 reward staying, switching to data bonus, or otherwise.

Data bonus requires AutoPay to be enabled, and if disabled bonus 500 MB is lost at the next cycle.

I'll hold off on switching plans until I know I'm not losing my reward 

It says nothing about the $2 reward staying, switching to data bonus, or otherwise.

Data bonus requires AutoPay to be enabled, and if disabled bonus 500 MB is lost at the next cycle.

Can't believe I'm saying this.. all our answers appear to be in the spoiler.

Who else hasn't read it yet?

@RobertQc, last few times I've looked at either Chatr or Lucky, the autopay reward has been optional for 8mos. period.  This is the stupid +bonus feature that PM never had, and now uses as a gimmick, but isn't removable (via the way it just seems to stay all the time).

Someone is trying to confuse us - and they're doing a really good job of it.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think we are in the " Land of Oz"!  Things "come and go quickly" here.

@stonechucker wrote:

I've just selected the 8.5 GB for $50.  I'm already on AutoPay, and there's nothing about 8+ 500 on the plan.

Something is severely wrong here.  Stop appeasing and comparing to match displayed offers elsewhere.  Keep it simple here... This is why subscribers come here.

Also, you're now listing 3G data packages in this post, not throttled LTE.  What's up with this?

Bait and switch now??  I'm probably going to cancel my future-dated plan now because of all this crap.

@stonechuckerEven if they do properly implement this (which they have not yet) Imagine how furious people will be when the common auto-pay failure happens and people lose their extra data.

Essentially they are taking away 500mb if you are not on autopay.

It's not a bonus its punishment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have screenshots of the previous plans without bonuses? In Change Plan...aren't the TOTALS correct for the bonus? Did it used to be $35 for 1gb and now it's $35 for 1.5gb?

I agree about the less onerous concept. But when I was looking around at other providers for all their reward offerings, that was the stipulation in several places.

I've just selected the 8.5 GB for $50.  I'm already on AutoPay, and there's nothing about 8+ 500 on the plan.

Something is severely wrong here.  Stop appeasing and comparing to match displayed offers elsewhere.  Keep it simple here... This is why subscribers come here.

Bait and switch now??  I'm probably going to cancel my future-dated plan now because of all this crap.

@RobertQc wrote:

@Brooke_C wrote:

@RobertQc, you can find these in our Ready-Made plans sectionSmiley Happy

@Brooke_COnly on the home page, not in self serve. I have tried it in private browsing and in a different browser, same result. They say nothing regarding the auto-pay only for 500mb bonus. It's still the same offer from yesterday.

1.5gb no auto pay required

5gb no auto pay required

6.5gb no auto pay required

8.5gb no auto pay required

The plan you speak of 500mb bonus data does not exist in self serve. Only on the home page as an advertisment.

autopay.png

This is exactly what I see in my account.  I don't see a $40/4.5GB option anymore.  My current plan is $40/4.5GB but it is no longer in market.  I tried doing the plan builder but there is no mention of bonus data via auto pay.  The 5GB plan via plan builder is $50.  Of course this makes no sense either but that was a topic of great debate back in the day.  We just learn to accept the quirks. 

BTW, there is a bifurcation in content shown in the plan web page vs the account.  The plan web page does show this 500 MB bonus for auto pay. 

@will13am wrote:

Now I am really confused.  We just had the $40/4.5GB plan bumped up to $40/5GB which I have selected as a future dated renewal.  My account has always been on auto pay.  Does that mean I won't be qualifying for this offer because I will be switching to the $40/5GB plan?  The $40/5GB plan has no conditions about auto pay which means it is less onerous than this offer.  Are the two stackable, so that $40/5GB with auto pay = $40/5.5GB or am I dreaming in technicolor here?  If they are not stackable, what is the point of this new deal? 

@will13amRight and those current non conditional plans are the ones that are still in self serve from the other day, There is no plan as they currently suggest that is selectable to offer 500mb bonus data. Nothing mentions "auto-pay 500mb bonus" in self serve

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Now I am really confused.  We just had the $40/4.5GB plan bumped up to $40/5GB which I have selected as a future dated renewal.  My account has always been on auto pay.  Does that mean I won't be qualifying for this offer because I will be switching to the $40/5GB plan?  The $40/5GB plan has no conditions about auto pay which means it is less onerous than this offer.  Are the two stackable, so that $40/5GB with auto pay = $40/5.5GB or am I dreaming in technicolor here?  If they are not stackable, what is the point of this new deal? 

@Brooke_C wrote:

@Brooke_COnly on the home page, not in self serve. I have tried it in private browsing and in a different browser, same result. They say nothing regarding the auto-pay only for 500mb bonus. It's still the same offer from yesterday.

1.5gb no auto pay required

5gb no auto pay required

6.5gb no auto pay required

8.5gb no auto pay required

The plan you speak of 500mb bonus data does not exist in self serve. Only on the home page as an advertisment.

autopay.png

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C

How does one select this?

It doesn't show in self serve as a "selectable plan" or the plan builder.

Why does this not extend to the 90 day plans?

KMG

I assume that we will still receive $2 off per 30 days when signing up for autopay, in addition to this data bonus?

Need Help? Let's chat.