cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

If I am on a lower plan, do I get credit for the minutes I have already purchased? What's my incentive to upgrade? 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

your incentive is to upgrade to unlimited, since you already purchased minutes you can upgrade when you have used up all your minutes

But why would I do it now versus wait until my current minute allotment is consummed?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lfaber wrote:

If I am on a lower plan, do I get credit for the minutes I have already purchased? What's my incentive to upgrade? 

That depends on your needs, but this plan has unlimited Canada-wide calling and text, plus some data.  Everything the average working stiff needs to get through the day.  With autopay, it's $23.  

@lfaber wrote:

But why would I do it now versus wait until my current minute allotment is consummed?

Schedule the plan change for your next renewal date.  Don't change now, since you'll have to pay the full amount right away.

because with the new plan you can get access to internet if you dont have it, if you do have Data on your current plan then just wait no other reason to do it now, 

myself i have signed up for it but it will take effect on my next renewell

Mayor / Maire

@lfaber wrote:

No, this is prepaid. No refunds for unused portions of your plan if you decide to change before it's all used. It's highly encouraged that you schedule a future dated plan change if you want to change your plan - the system will take care of it at the next renewal date.

Your incentive? Nobody forces you on a plan that doesn't fit your needs, but this is a well rounded package at an amazing price (for Canadian standards) and ideal for someone who uses more than the limited minutes and texts on the $10 plan, and wants a little bit of data for the occasional time when they are not on WiFi. No need to watch how many texts you've sent or how long you talked to your cousin accross the country, and you can check your social media nd e-mails on the go.

AJ9

Excellent move by PM to lower the price of the plan.

I am on the $30 plan with the $10/6 months credit promo which was activated in Dec-2018. I want to keep the $10 promo for the remaining 3 months, and then change to this $25 plan.

When I go into self-serve > Change Plan option, I see the "change at next renewal date" option. How do I set it to make the change at a "future date", in June 2019 in my case?

Thanks.

good question, I dont know if you can,  curious to hear from the community

@AJ9 wrote:

Excellent move by PM to lower the price of the plan.

I am on the $30 plan with the $10/6 months credit promo which was activated in Dec-2018. I want to keep the $10 promo for the remaining 3 months, and then change to this $25 plan.

When I go into self-serve > Change Plan option, I see the "change at next renewal date" option. How do I set it to make the change at a "future date", in June 2019 in my case?

Thanks.

Tips from @computergeek541 and @stonechucker ....

Instead of changing plans right away, the only other option is to set it up to change on the next renewal date; can't be set further than that.  When it gets close to the renewal date, cancel the plan change, allowing your $30 plan to renew (so you get the $10 credit), then immediately re-schedule the plan change upon your next renewal date.  Continue doing that, for the next three/four renewals, until you've received all the $10 credits.  The special offer plan must be available when setting up the plan change on your next renewal date.