cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@LesMis24601 wrote:

I’m new to PM. My account was due for payment April 19, 2019. I had sufficient funds in balance ($28) but I didn’t make payment before 11:59pm. Says my account suspended but then balance owing is $0. I changed plans and this is my first payment. My CC is in excellent standing. Please advise. Thx 

I thought you would need $30 balance to pay for a $30 plan? The $2 Autopay credit shows up in the balance to help pay the $30 renewal cost of the plan so balance needs to be $30. No?

You can anticipate receiving reward value for renewal. So if your plan is $30 and you have autopay set up then you could just have the $28 dollars. Then at renewal, the reward gets converted and added to that Available Funds and then all goes towards the renewal.

@LesMis24601 wrote:

I’m new to PM. My account was due for payment April 19, 2019. I had sufficient funds in balance ($28) but I didn’t make payment before 11:59pm. Says my account suspended but then balance owing is $0. I changed plans and this is my first payment. My CC is in excellent standing. Please advise. Thx 

I thought you would need $30 balance to pay for a $30 plan? The $2 Autopay credit shows up in the balance to help pay the $30 renewal cost of the plan so balance needs to be $30. No?

@mohamedah78 wrote:
Hi guys. I have opted for this offer and since last week my internet is down. What can be done to fix it? Thanks,

Hi @mohamedah78 

When you log into your account, do you see data amount used in 'My Data & Add-Ons' section?

If it is missing, the chances are you used up your data
check and compare also data usage on your phone settings

you could get data add-on, if you don't end up using it you'll be able to roll it to the next month

but if 1g is not enough for you maybe it makes sense to move to bigger plan

if you think it went to fast and you don't use that much, maybe one of the apps is devouring your data, you should investigate and see how you can resrict it

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

While on the self-serve page, check to make sure that you have not used up all your 1 GB...

JaimeLaPizza

Did you check in the self-serve if you do really have a plan with data ?  What does it say if you click on "Plan details" ?

mohamedah78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi guys. I have opted for this offer and since last week my internet is down. What can be done to fix it? Thanks,

LesMis24601

I received a private message from moderator team so hope they can get me on track soon. 

@LesMis24601 wrote:

It should be sufficient but I topped up with $40 on CC last night but still I’m suspended after Public Mobile accepted payment top up so there’s a glitch I think. I can talk and text but not an ounce of data??? Hmmm 🤔

Someone suggested that better be topped up before renew date, even have auto pay because sometimes auto pay may not get through smoothly. 

Since your account is suspended before you topped up, so I would say PM might need time to release your account. I hope you can get your data back soon! 

LesMis24601

It should be sufficient but I topped up with $40 on CC last night but still I’m suspended after Public Mobile accepted payment top up so there’s a glitch I think. I can talk and text but not an ounce of data??? Hmmm 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tooba wrote:

Hi 

I'm on this plan now and when I tried to text a number back home it's not sending it. It says failed to send message. Why it's like that please help. This plan includes international texting. Please help 

@Tooba 

I suppose it depends on where home is. If Canada or US then the 1 in front of the 10 digits should do it. If not those then you'll need either the + sign or 011 then the country code then the other numbers for your other end.

Then...they have to also be able to receive international texts from beyond their borders.

liuxinbing

@Tooba wrote:

Hi 

I'm on this plan now and when I tried to text a number back home it's not sending it. It says failed to send message. Why it's like that please help. This plan includes international texting. Please help 

I knew Bell has the trick of adding 1 in front of the number. Try to add 1.

Tooba

Hi 

@liuxinbing wrote:

@LesMis24601 wrote:

I’m new to PM. My account was due for payment April 19, 2019. I had sufficient funds in balance ($28) 

28 isn't enough, because 25*1.15=28.75. Or 25*1.13=28.25. Either way you need more than 28 in your account.

it's enough.  Tax has already been paid on any balance in the account.  You do not need to add tax again.  

@LesMis24601  

It will say expired for everyone in the middle of night on renewal date.  If your service is working, ignore the error message.  This just means that you were balance has not been taken yet to pay for plan.

liuxinbing

@LesMis24601 wrote:

I’m new to PM. My account was due for payment April 19, 2019. I had sufficient funds in balance ($28) 

28 isn't enough, because 25*1.15=28.75. Or 25*1.13=28.25. Either way you need more than 28 in your account.

LesMis24601

Yes I changed plans but I have only begun to be a PM user March 2019 so it’s my first time to switch plans. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LesMis24601  - Is you phone still working?  It is (unfortunately) normal that the account shows suspended the night before renewal. Payment processing should happen over night, and plan should show active by morning.  When did you change plans?

LesMis24601

koolstride

@Gazagirl22 wrote:

I just changed to this plan and it doesn't work 😡

You should see a change at the next bill due date or next billing cycle...

koolstride

koolstride

You should see a change at the next bill due date or next billing cycle...

Gazagirl22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just changed to this plan and it doesn't work 😡

koolstride

I have been with Public Mobile just over a year ...was checking my data usage and bill when I came across this plan...I immediatelly changed to this plan before the next billing cycle...

With $2.00 Auto-Pay discount and $1.00 Loyalty discount, my bill including taxes will be just under $25.00 a month now...

Sweet Jack Lords Hair, couldn't be happier...

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Wow, Great service, got my anwser in 1 minute and 30 seconds. much better than waiting on a phone for 45 minutes to talk to other communication providers, LOL

YES I'm switching

This is exactly what i keep saying, maybe it's just luck but i got almost instant response after 3am at one point and since everything is written i don't have to describe the issue every time my call gets transferred. When there is an issue affecting lots of people you may be out of luck i guess, but I'll take that. 

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow, Great service, got my anwser in 1 minute and 30 seconds. much better than waiting on a phone for 45 minutes to talk to other communication providers, LOL

YES I'm switching

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Will I loose my loyalty and referral rewards if I switch to this plan??  I'm sure in the 35 pages this is answered before Sorry Eh!

I have a fairly good discount through above rewards, will I still get them after I switch.

Appreciated

DvAbCanEh

No.

Yes.

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Will I loose my loyalty and referral rewards if I switch to this plan??  I'm sure in the 35 pages this is answered before Sorry Eh!

I have a fairly good discount through above rewards, will I still get them after I switch.

Appreciated

DvAbCanEh

AJ9

Thanks for the heads up. Today I have set it to change at the next renewal data, so I'm assured that I'll get it.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@edmondsam wrote:

"Update as of April 15, 2019: This offer will expire on April 22nd, 2019."

Does this mean the plan will no longer available to customers already on this plan after Apr 22? Or the Apr 22 expiry only applies to new signup?

Take a look at the announcement here , and read through the FAQ's.

FAQ

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the ones set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have one of these plans. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to these plans up to April 22nd. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

edmondsam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does this mean the plan will no longer available to customers already on this plan after Apr 22? Or the Apr 22 expiry only applies to new signup?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Heads up everybody!

The original announcement has been updated.  There is now an expiry date on this, a week from today.

There's still time to order SIMs and get people signed up on this plan, or to future-date a plan change.

Need Help? Let's chat.