cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there! 🙂

Happy to hear you like i there!

Welcome into the PM fam. 

Have an amazing day!

Ice1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Yegger wrote:

First post! 

I just moved to Public with this plan.  The move was a breeze! I got my old number ported and working in less than 2 hours. 

Good luck, same here, move was quick, enjoying service for last 3 weeks. Glad I made the switch !!

Yegger

First post! 

I just moved to Public with this plan.  The move was a breeze! I got my old number ported and working in less than 2 hours. 

bethechangeyyc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is what we got today. Am excited to join public mobile and see how it goes. 

joedf
This is a definite upgrade from my current plan but is this a limited time offer? I have setup the option to automatically switch over at the end of my current billing period (May 10th, 2019), but will I miss a deadline?

Otherwise I’ll be willing to skip over now to get this plan. Let me know thanks,

Joe

@Tav wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tav wrote:

Any chance this plan will be a permanent one? I really want to switch over but still have 1 month left to my $10 off for 6 months promo and will lose it if I drop my plan down below $30.

This plan is as about as permanent as it gets, but there is never any guarantee as to how long they will keep offering it.  There is no set expiry date set for this plan offering, but even when they do list an expiry, there's usually some clause that the carrier reserves the right to end it early.  No one can predict the future, so you're going to decide for yourself.  All we know is that for now, this is considered an ongoing offer.   I would keep an eye out for whatever the competition is doing, specifically Chatr and Lucky.  If those 2 brands continue offering a similar plan, I would expect that Public would continue doing so. 

In self serve under plan change it says "Special Offer!" next to this plan making it seem like its limited time.

I see the special offer part as being the Autopay data bonuses.  The other Special Offers have been around for months.  Public Mobile could change the Special Offers or any of the other plans at any time.  If you're looking for promises or guarantees, no one is going to be able to provide that.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tav wrote:

Any chance this plan will be a permanent one? I really want to switch over but still have 1 month left to my $10 off for 6 months promo and will lose it if I drop my plan down below $30.

This plan is as about as permanent as it gets, but there is never any guarantee as to how long they will keep offering it.  There is no set expiry date set for this plan offering, but even when they do list an expiry, there's usually some clause that the carrier reserves the right to end it early.  No one can predict the future, so you're going to decide for yourself.  All we know is that for now, this is considered an ongoing offer.   I would keep an eye out for whatever the competition is doing, specifically Chatr and Lucky.  If those 2 brands continue offering a similar plan, I would expect that Public would continue doing so. 

In self serve under plan change it says "Special Offer!" next to this plan making it seem like its limited time.

@Tav wrote:

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I do have a future dated plan change and may cancel it before my plan renewal if this one is still around and set it to future date again so I can still get my $10 and get this plan. 

I love these lower tiered data plans. Most providors just keep upping their lowest data plan while also upping the price and I don't need the extra data so its just a waste of money. 

With all the rewards here my last payment was back in February and was only $3.45 and by the looks of it my next two bills should be covered by the rewards on my account as well meaning I won't actually have to pay anything again until June!

Keep up the awesomeness!

ipkonfig

@stonechucker wrote:

@ipkonfig wrote:

@Nicolecurrie21 wrote:

I would stick with or go with Public! Even tho there is no customer service over the phone the community is amazing. If they can’t help you a Mod usually answers within hours. Their customer service is second to none and the community is the best! So many perks with Public. I wish I had know about them long before I did! 

How does this plan stack up with Freedom Mobile's $24 introductory plan? For $24, they are presently offering 1.5GB LTE with UL Canada-wide calling and international texting.

If a dollar extra per month for an extra 500 MB of data is what you want, I hope you live, work, and travel only within Freedom's major centres, as the nationwide coverage is not there, that you get with Public Mobile.

Ok. So I took that leap of faith and switched to Public Mobile sometime back. Got the SIM delivered in two days. Also I could port my existing number from Chatr to Public Mobile without any issues. 

@miniQ wrote:

I activated my plan on Saturday, switching over from another plan. I've been a public mobile member for months already, and my friend had been getting the referral reward every month until now. I'm on Autopay so everything should go smoothly but it hasn't and I've been with NO SERVICE for over 48 hours now!

Did you write to the moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 ? Unfortunately nothing we can do here...and patience they have many cases like you..

miniQ

I activated my plan on Saturday, switching over from another plan. I've been a public mobile member for months already, and my friend had been getting the referral reward every month until now. I'm on Autopay so everything should go smoothly but it hasn't and I've been with NO SERVICE for over 48 hours now!

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

Yes absolutely Public Mobile reception is better than Freedom Mobile. I have accounts with both there is no comparison.

Really? Is there any comparison?  Freedom's network is bad.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@miniQ wrote:

Hello, I activated to this new plan last week (on Saturday) and today my new plan was supposed to start.

However I've lost all service and my account has been suspended, even though I'm on Autopay. I know there has been some maintenance but my service has been down for over 24 hours!!!

Also my friend who referred me got notified that I did not pay and therefore he won't get the referral reward!!

Please help!! I have written to the moderators already!!!

@miniQ It seemed odd. You said you activate last week but your plan starts it today supposingly. You have to pay a plan at the time of activation in order for your friend to get the $25 referral, not just activate your SIM card. 

miniQ

Hello, I activated to this new plan last week (on Saturday) and today my new plan was supposed to start.

However I've lost all service and my account has been suspended, even though I'm on Autopay. I know there has been some maintenance but my service has been down for over 24 hours!!!

Also my friend who referred me got notified that I did not pay and therefore he won't get the referral reward!!

Please help!! I have written to the moderators already!!!

ivyswjung

IT's really $23 if you add the autopay.  Totally satisfied, but i'll admit the online only help was a bit of shock to start.

lwc726

I went to Walmart and ended up have the lady do the work as they included the sim  the only thing I did was sign up for the auto pay

Nicolecurrie21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same. My husband has a work and personal  phone. Work is through bell and personal we went with freedom. That didn’t last long. Sitting in the same place and I would have service and he wouldn’t. Or his work phone would and personal wouldn’t. I’ve have no issues with public’s coverage. Always have service even where I think I wouldn’t lol. 

lanashirley7

Found the answer. It was clearly displayed before accepting the offer. Thanks!

@Lieux wrote:

@lanashirley7 wrote:

I recently signed my daughter up with Public Mobile. $30 plan with 500mb. She currently gets a $10 credit for 6 months due to a sign up promo. If I change her to the $25 deal, will she lose her promo?

Yes the promotion is only for plan over 30$.Smiley Happy

Yes, she will lose the $10 that's why it's best to wait for the 6 months to elapse before changing plans.

@lanashirley7 wrote:

I recently signed my daughter up with Public Mobile. $30 plan with 500mb. She currently gets a $10 credit for 6 months due to a sign up promo. If I change her to the $25 deal, will she lose her promo?

Yes the promotion is only for plan over 30$.Smiley Happy

lanashirley7

Nicolecurrie21

This happened to me Friday! Just message a Mod. I tried every possible option to fix it myself and it was just simply a glitch on their end. It added my data but not the calling or texting for some reason!

3C38E81A-5BEF-4050-AE33-24C4615139EB.png

lwc726

Yes seems to be a very good deal 

Compared to the service o was using .thanks

dumbdobie1

Yes absolutely Public Mobile reception is better than Freedom Mobile. I have accounts with both there is no comparison.

@sagarM wrote:

I changed to this new promo plan and now when I try to call anyone, I get a message that my plan doesn't have a long distance addon even when I am trying to call a local number.

Please help! Any @CS_Agent 

Write a message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 they will help you

sagarM

I changed to this new promo plan and now when I try to call anyone, I get a message that my plan doesn't have a long distance addon even when I am trying to call a local number.

Please help! Any @CS_Agent 

Ice1

Yes, the nationwide coverage is not there, that you get with Public Mobile. You get 500mb extra with Freedom for just an extra $1 but you are covered within your HOME network ONLY

For this reason I just signed up with PM Yesterday. Need to test the signal and speed yet, but based on the community feedback seems it is working well for others, so hope for the best.

@ipkonfig wrote:

@Nicolecurrie21 wrote:

I would stick with or go with Public! Even tho there is no customer service over the phone the community is amazing. If they can’t help you a Mod usually answers within hours. Their customer service is second to none and the community is the best! So many perks with Public. I wish I had know about them long before I did! 

How does this plan stack up with Freedom Mobile's $24 introductory plan? For $24, they are presently offering 1.5GB LTE with UL Canada-wide calling and international texting.

If a dollar extra per month for an extra 500 MB of data is what you want, I hope you live, work, and travel only within Freedom's major centres, as the nationwide coverage is not there, that you get with Public Mobile.

ipkonfig

@Nicolecurrie21 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.