cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

electrical2771
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could they perhaps lower the province-wide Talk & Text from $25 per 30 days down to $20 ?

Pizzaeh

@blondie wrote:

So as long as I am on auto pay I get the $2 / mo. plus the 500 mb on top of the reg 500 mb?

Yes, that's correct.

Ninja'd by denis2. 

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@blondie wrote:

So as long as I am on auto pay I get the $2 / mo. plus the 500 mb on top of the reg 500 mb?

thats right

blondie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@blackdragon12 wrote:

Is there an expiry date for this plan? I wanted to use up my existing Petro Canada prepay credits (2 months worth) but not sure if that would be too late to sign up!

@blackdragon12 

It's ongoing.  No expiry date specified.

blackdragon12

Is there an expiry date for this plan? I wanted to use up my existing Petro Canada prepay credits (2 months worth) but not sure if that would be too late to sign up!

Pizzaeh

@SriS wrote:

@Communitymembers,
Is there a reason why PM is still retaining the old $25 province-wide talk plan ?

PM_$25_Plans.png

I think their resources are tied up right now on higher priorities.  

SriS

@Community members,
Is there a reason why PM is still retaining the old $25 province-wide talk plan ?

PM_$25_Plans.png

@blondie wrote:

Does this new plan alter the loyalty rewards at all? I assume we would loose the $6 autopay for the 500 MB autopay reward.

The autopay reward will change to $2 as shown in your account, but it will be paid out three times as often comprared to if you stayed on a 90 day plan.

blondie

Does this new plan alter the loyalty rewards at all? I assume we would loose the $6 autopay for the 500 MB autopay reward.

alhaha

wow,now that is a deal

srlawren

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren 

Welcome back.  It's like you never left.  Smiley Very Happy

Touche, @SD08! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@srlawren 

Welcome back.  It's like you never left.  Smiley Very Happy

srlawren

@Alan_K this deal was too good to pass up, looks like you've pulled me back into the PM fold :).  Activated tonight with a spare SIM I still had, did a couple of quick tests on my old OnePlus 3 phone to make sure the activation looked good.  Use my better half's phone number (she's still an active PM customer) for the referral.  Sometime over the next few days I'll double check the SIM in my mom's phone and then port her number out of Fido.  Bye bye $40/month for 500 nationwide mins (+unlim eve & wkends), unlimited texting, and 500MB full-speed LTE; hello unlimited nationwide mins, unlimited texting, and 1GB throttled LTE; and hello $17 (after auto-pay) back in my pocket every month.  

I guess the next step will be to add a Koodo Home Phone to my account and port her Fido home phone over as well.  

Thanks for this awesome plan!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sergeylancare

I'm wondoring I'm on $30 dollars plan and get $10 dollars credit for 6 months right now, if I switch to $25 dollars plan, can I still  get $10 dollars credit for 6 months?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------
No. You will not have $10 credit for 6 month  in $25 dollar plan.

Tags (0)
Add tagsNo. You will not have $10 credit for 6 month  in $25 dollar plan.

Pizzaeh

@Elittle01 wrote:

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan

Do we get to continue paying $23 + tax because of $2 autopay rewards or is the price going to change to $25+tax and we lose the autopay rewards?

If you changed to the $25 plan, and turn on autopay, you'll pay $23.  

Elittle01

Hey Community,

Plan details:

• 30-day plan

Do we get to continue paying $23 + tax because of $2 autopay rewards or is the price going to change to $25+tax and we lose the autopay rewards?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

How many are waiting for this deal?    From the forum post, should be plenty happy now!Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@avengingangel wrote:

I signed up for the 30$ offer while they were doing the 10$ off during the first six months. If I change this plan to the cheaper 25$ will I lose that promotion or will it stay since it is less then 30$?

You would lose it. That's exactly the reason.

avengingangel

I signed up for the 30$ offer while they were doing the 10$ off during the first six months. If I change this plan to the cheaper 25$ will I lose that promotion or will it stay since it is less then 30$?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hycm53 wrote:

That's what I thought. So that means I still need to keep the $30 dollars plan till 6 months.

@hycm53 

Well...nothing is forcing you to keep it...just that if you change plans you lose the remaining promo $10. You decide.

Pizzaeh

@hycm53 wrote:

That's what I thought. So that means I still need to keep the $30 dollars plan till 6 months.

Yes.  However, scheduling the plan change locks in the price for the special promo plan.  That's why going through that whole rigmarole is worth it.

@hycm53 wrote:

I'm wondoring I'm on $30 dollars plan and get $10 dollars credit for 6 months right now, if I switch to $25 dollars plan, can I still  get $10 dollars credit for 6 months?

Thanks

As per the terms of that promotion, you need to maintain at least a $30 plan to remain eligible.

Pizzaeh

@hycm53 wrote:

Thanks

No, if you swtich to the $25 plan, you will no longer meet the requirements for that promotional credit.  It's better to schedule the plan change on your next renewal.  Then just before the renewal date/plan change, cancel the plan change, allow it to renew the $30 plan, then re-schedule the plan change to the $25 plan.  Keep doing that for a few months.  Keep in mind, whenever you schedule the plan change upon your next renewal date, the special plan MUST be available  Good luck.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

Thanks

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Plan details:

• 30-day plan

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

So excited for this.. I just changed it on my next renewal date in 2 weeks. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition. 

ruif71

What a great plan!  Saves another me another $5.00 per month.  Best deal in the country for low data users like myself.

Need Help? Let's chat.