cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

favdylla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

@hang83 wrote:

We switch over to Koodo since Oct 2017! How do I contact a Mod to get the number off the system so I can re-register the account?

Thanks,

Because the account has been made inactive as the number was ported to Koodo, the old account is still listed in the database, and a new account will need to be created with a new SIM and a new email address.  There is nothing that can be done to reopen the old account, nor to use the old SIM.

After the new activation, the email address can be changed back to the previous address with the help of moderator assistance.

@hang83 wrote:

We switch over to Koodo since Oct 2017! How do I contact a Mod to get the number off the system so I can re-register the account?

Thanks,

Moderators can be contacted by going here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hang83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks,

A328

Yes. You can do online. Regarding old SIM card I am not sure. It might work if you know login details of old PM account along with pin. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hang83- How long has your mother been away from public mobile?  If less than 3 months, the account would still be open - unless you transfered the phone number (which i would guess you did).

Why don't you simply take a new number when registering the SIM, and transfer her number afterwards, once the account is set up.  That way you could take advantage of the 25$ renewal bonus that ends on Monday.  Her number transfer can be done after that.

Edit:  Note that if your mother was on Koodo prepaid, there is no way for you to transfer her number yourself.  You would absolutely need the help of a moderator.

hang83

My mom was with PM then we switch over to Koodo. Now we want to switch to this PM plan but somehow her number is still in PM system. Everytime I try to create an account with her number I get this error message "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already", anyone here can help me with this? Can you delete the number, so we can start fresh?

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi @sebby,

Yes, you will be eligible to all the the rewards!
 You can find here the official post and right here all the info regarding the rewards.

Camelia_M

sebby

Just changed over today.  I was a legacy member, will I now be eligible for loyalty rewards?  I have been with PM for about 8 or 9 years

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sebby wrote:

Thanks @Alan_K I made the switch today.  Moreover they said that because I am legacy customer I will get $4 back and an additional $2 each month, thus bringing my total to $19 before tax.  Crossing my fingers that this will work out

Nice! Must have been with them for 4 years then eh? Pretty sweet.

sebby

Thanks @Alan_K I made the switch today.  Moreover they said that because I am legacy customer I will get $4 back and an additional $2 each month, thus bringing my total to $19 before tax.  Crossing my fingers that this will work out

seirin

don't change until you finish your cycle. Otherwise you will forfeit. Just set to change it next renewal.

Pizzaeh

@CcM wrote:

But I already paid $40 for this month, don't want waste it...

When you go to Change Plan, select 'Change on next renewal'.  That will lock in the price.

denis2

just choose the option to change at renewall

CcM

But I already paid $40 for this month, don't want waste it...

@mh1983 wrote:

Switched as soon as I saw this one pop up. Amazing plan and deal! Will be telling a few people about this one. Thanks, Public Mobile! 

Me too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mh1983

Switched as soon as I saw this one pop up. Amazing plan and deal! Will be telling a few people about this one. Thanks, Public Mobile! 

youbme

@Lieux wrote:

@publicmobilesir wrote:

I want to be a deputy mayor. How do I become a deputy mayor 

You will need patience...and work on this community!! Read threads and learn how it works and help others...There is different step before a mayor...Smiley Wink

@publicmobilesir...patience my good citizen, patience.

The hierarchy of titles on PM is mostly cause for entertainment...though clearly Deputy Mayors are the most valuable Robot LOL

@publicmobilesir wrote:

You will need patience...and work on this community!! Read threads and learn how it works and help others...There is different step before a mayor...Smiley Wink

publicmobilesir

sunflowershine

@CcM wrote:

May I ask how long this offer will last?

@CcM I seems as an regular additional plan without an end date. 

publicmobilesir

@CcM wrote:

Only the gods and public mobile executives know 

CcM

youbme

This is by far the most popular price point among friends with PM...now they get some data! Between this plan and the $15 plan, I think we might need to brace ourselves for another influx of people joining PM...

@favdylla, go to My Account.  On the overview page, click the link for 'see my plan details'.

On the following screen, you'll see a note about a future date plan change is scheduled.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hands down, this is the best plan in the market for the price!!!

Thank you PM 🙂

favdylla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! This is really very  good plan for me and those who do not use too much data. I changed a few days ago, to be started on my renewal date, march 19. But I do not see it on the web. Can you verify it and let me know please! Or can I go and do it again?

RobertWesley

great! Thank you!

@RobertWesley wrote:

If I sign up for this plan do I forfeit my $10 a month for 6 months credit that I received for signing up last month?

Yes you will loose it if you choose it now... but you can choose it for the next renewal date and if you are ready you can have it or you can wait and decide to choose to wait for the next renewal date....etc... you have a selection button in your self serve account to do that.Smiley Happy

denis2

yes you do, that was for plans over $30.00 

Need Help? Let's chat.