cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of August 29, 2018: This offer will expire on August 29, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Hey Community,

Effective July 26th, 2018, we are bringing back our 5.5 GB at 3G speed for $45 plan for a limited time only!

Plan details:

$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

34 REPLIES 34

Would love this as a 90-day package.  With the issues around switching between 90 and 30-day plans with rewards, I as a 2-year subscriber can't faithfully switch between cycle lengths.

Come on Public Mobile, make offers for both 30 and 90-day cycles.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Great news for the heavy data users! Promotion EXTRAVAGANZA lateley.

All we need now is a promotion for the 500mb people.

Thanks Alan & Public mobile!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

So many promo going at the same time.  Soon I won't be able to count them on one hand, lol.  Not complaining, keep them coming.  Better yet, turn these prices into the every day low price.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Nice to see this promo come back as well especially for those data hungry get an extra GB for $5

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.