cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of August 29, 2018: This offer will expire on August 29, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Hey Community,

Effective July 26th, 2018, we are bringing back our 5.5 GB at 3G speed for $45 plan for a limited time only!

Plan details:

$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

34 REPLIES 34

Atara22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I changed my plan to this as well and My data barley works. It worked perfectly before I changed my plan. I’m trying to figure out an answer for this as well and if I hear back first I will let you know what they said to me.

sbelanger12

I changed my plan to this plan i have no data and no pic text so why wad i charged for it

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great deal Public,keep pumping out the promos,your customers and potential customers are loving it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wjw0111 wrote:

Too bad big brother Koodo is out-offering for switchers. I just left PM for Koodo. 8GB at LTE speeds for $45 was just too tempting.

It’s too bad. I liked a lot of what PM had to offer, but if their parent won’t let them compete with their mid-tier brother their days are numbered.

I don't think so.  PM can compete at the low end market with Chatr, Lucky, Speakout etc.

Take the $8 with autopay/50/50 plan.  

PM 16 cents/minute Vs SO 30 cents/minute

The $8 200 minutes add-on 

PM 4 cents/minute Vs SO 30 cents/minute

For the mid-tier market, there is no point for 2 of Telus brands fighting for market shares.  Some subscribers love to have more data.  Some subscribers want to keep the monthly spending low.  With the autopay discount and rewards, the 30 days payment for the 5.5GB plan will be lower.

wjw0111

Too bad big brother Koodo is out-offering for switchers. I just left PM for Koodo. 8GB at LTE speeds for $45 was just too tempting.

It’s too bad. I liked a lot of what PM had to offer, but if their parent won’t let them compete with their mid-tier brother their days are numbered.

VDubbin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New to all this. Just signed up for this plan about a half hour ago. 

So so far so good!👍🏻

@Atara22 wrote:

Hi already have a plan and wanted to change it to this one u mention with 5.5 gigs. Do you know how I would do that?

@Atara22

In your self serve account  click on plan change, choose the plan you want and click on "renew now" (which activates your new an immediately with no refunds for unused portions of your previous plan) or "change plan at next renewal" (recommended, unless you have run out of data before renewal. The system will change to the promo plan at renewal even if it is not available anymore as long as you future dated it while it was available. If something better comes along or you choose to stay with your current plan you can change or cancel the future dated plan change up to the day before renewal)

Atara22

Hi already have a plan and wanted to change it to this one u mention with 5.5 gigs. Do you know how I would do that?

tehowennathe

@dna2016 yeterday there must of been huge amout of people switching. I was on grandfathered plan and still had call center. The lady on phone told me will take time to change plan as system is slow today. Must of been a busy plan change day.

tehowennathe

Just got this plan yesterday and I am happy about it. Don't mind the 3G speeds as I don't stream videos or music when off of wifi

@Th3Heather, as you're on an existing user, you can set up today, for your renewal date any plan change, including the 5.5 GB offer.  When you go in Self-Serve, the Change Plan tab will show for you, and you'll be able to select whatever plan you wish. At the bottom, there are two buttons.  One the left the Change Now (which will charge you for full cost), and on the right the "Change on next Renewal" which will lock in your plan so you will get it, if it has already been dropped from the program.

I've done this myself, as I'm on a 90-day plan, and my renewal is September 8th.

Th3Heather

For someone like me, who is new to public mobile as of three and a half weeks ago and is on a 90 day plan, would switching to this current deal cancel out my 90 day plan and cause me to lose money? 

say for instance I changed it over on the 9th (one month mark), would I get refunded the 60 days and then charged the amount for the new plan? 

Or s my only option to purchase the plan and have it begin after the 90 days are up? 

Thanks! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@emoat

I like to know that too.

If we cannot postpone that far out, this is what I will do:

1.  Get a referral to activate the $45 plan to get $25 credit. 

2.  The $25 credit will not have enough fund to renew on Septemer renewal date.

3.  Your account will be suspended without payment on September renewal date.  You are allows 90 days to pay your $45 to restart your account again.

4.  Before November renewal date, send private message to Moderator to restart your $45 plan.

This approach will cost you $45+tax for August.  But you can test PM service for a month.  It is actually not bad idea.  If you like the service, restart your plan in November.

emoat

I want to get this! But I am stuck using up a credit from Telus for the next three months. If I buy the sim card and register this plan can I make it active for November 2018 and on?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Alan_K, trying to hook myself up on this plan, but Self-Serve is being flakey the past 20 hours or so.  Hoping I don't miss out because of a system issue.  @CS_Agent, I'm tagging you also in case there's a system issue.

Th3Heather

Do you use 3g currently? If so, have you used the 4g/LTE in the past and have you found a difference? 

Th3Heather

That is what I was just wondering about, I am a new customer as of less than a month ago but, I am on a 90 day plan with : - 3GB at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk- Unlimited International Text

I want to change over to the current special with the 3g speeds but I was worried it would cause an issue because I would go from a 90 to a 30 day plan. 

Any idea how much difference there is between the 3g and 4g/LTE in regards to speed and connectivity? 

Aktaibi

Such plans I think will be coming in the near future as the public mobile is quickly growing up. 

phn419

Internet in Canada is slow already, I think this is a good deal even it's 3G network lol

dna2016

@Alan_K this was a very popular promo, nice to see PM is bringing it back.  Smart move, and couple this with the $25 referral credit, great way to see if an influx of new customers start to join.  With that said, gotta make sure we don't have any system crashes with all the new and existing customers looking to make changes and activating. MODS might have a pretty busy few weeks ahead of them.

@brent_lizaYea.  Even slower speed is ok, like 10kbps. Smiley Happy

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks for the discount:)

ghune

Too many promos, it seems that PM doesn't have a clear vision of what plans they should offer now. Right now, it looks like Chatr, Lucky Mobile and PN are looking at each others trying to figure out how to gain more customers, without losing anyone and without spending too much money.

3G plans are becoming more and more popular, I don't know if it's a good thing, but I know that PM having their 3G plans on their LTE, they could crash the compeition by just increasing a tiny bit the speed of their plans (like 4 or 5 Mbps). Suddenly, they would become the most attractive company in the market for many who don't need to stream HD videos...

pakmode

So.  Many.  Promos.

brent_liza

@MoreYummy yes or even if they made unlimited after the threshold and slowed the speeds down would still be nice.

More good plans.   Many are waiting for it.

Add higher data, 8GB 10GB et.

brent_liza

This is great for the people that missed out. Hopefully, we will get more referrals.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sweet. Keep em coming 😄

Tinner1982

Super great deal...... Ill be taking advantage of this promo at my topup in four days

youbme

Yes, I'm losing track of promos as well - but certainly not complaining, the more promos the better!

I'm curious what the next direction will be for Public Mobile - maybe targetting low-data users next? At this point, the $35 plan for 1GB is a poor antiquated option compared to $40 at 4.5gb, $45 at 5.5gb, or $50 at 6.5gb...

A bump up in the data for $30 or $35 a month would go a long way for those who prefer that price point.

Need Help? Let's chat.