cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of October 16, 2018: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective July 18th, 2018 as a competitive response, we are bringing back our 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 plan for a limited time only!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

310 REPLIES 310

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@useofyousuf wrote:

Hey,

I'm new to PM. Thinking of going with this plan but I'm not too sure how the Autopay works. Would the Autopay work with this plan since it's a limited offer?

Autopay just means you sign up to automatically have pm charge your card when it’s due. No worrying about missing your due date.

signing up to the plan is limited time but once your signed up you keep that price. 

Auto to pay also reduces your 30 day fee by $2

Lol I think I'll finally take the plu ge on this and switch my current plan over.

Tony6688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can get at least $60 credit if you activate in-store as right now (July28-29) it's free sim card ($10) and free first month ($40), plus $10 referral bonus.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yep! And don't forget to ask a current Public Mobile customer for a referral for an extra $25 credit if you activate online ($10 credit if you activate in store).

useofyousuf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

I'm new to PM. Thinking of going with this plan but I'm not too sure how the Autopay works. Would the Autopay work with this plan since it's a limited offer?

@choding wrote:

I ported my son to PM from Fido Two days ago.

do you have any idea to get extra money?

What extra money are you talking about?  If yoau re talking about the $10 refer a friend it can take upto 72 hours for funds to show up in your account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported my son to PM from Fido Two days ago.

do you have any idea to get extra money?

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bb-La wrote:

Hey!

This is great news! When does this offer expire? My plan now auto renews on August 3. This is a great deal and I would hate to miss it!

I believe you can go into My Account and set it so that when your current 30 days ends, you automatically switch to this plan for the next 30 days (I think you just go to Plan > Change Plan and there should be an option to have the new plan take effect on your next renewal date).

Bb-La

Hey!

This is great news! When does this offer expire? My plan now auto renews on August 3. This is a great deal and I would hate to miss it!

@youbme wrote:

@Good1 wrote:

Does anyone know what the 4 digit pin code is used for?  Also, how do you go about changing it?

@Good1, your four-digit PIN is used for voicemail and verifying account access. You can go to your Self-Serve account, click on "Plan and Add-ons" tab, then "Reset Voicemail Password" and you should be able to establish a new PIN. If that does not work, you can contact the Moderator_Team through a private message to change your PIN.

Vociemail password and account password are different.  You can choose to have them them the same, but they don't have to do be.  When I set up my account, I was asked to choose an account PIN.  I was also asked to choice a voicemail password when setting that box up.  They aren't one and the same. Also resetting your voicemail password does not reset your account PIN (and vice-versa).

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Didar

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your interest in this promotion. 

For further assistance, can you please send us a private message along with your phone# and PIN#? 

Thank you! 

Didar

I tried to get this promotional plan as i am a existing customer. but could not do so .Please change my plan to this 4.5 gb data $40.00 plan  on my next billing cycle

Good1

@srlawren,

Thanks. That is what I thought. I was just curious. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Good1 wrote:

@youbme@mimmo,

Thanks for the help.

Do you know if you are required to have a community account in order to message the mods?  Or is there some other way to contact them.  Thanks.

@Good1 yes, it's required.  The good news is, you've already done this since you're able to post here.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Good1

@youbme@mimmo,

Thanks for the help.

Do you know if you are required to have a community account in order to message the mods?  Or is there some other way to contact them.  Thanks.

Hubertzh

Great news!

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are correct @mimmo!

Sorry for the confusion @Good1, you will need to contact a moderator as outlined above in order to change your account PIN.

mimmo

@youbme  i am pretty sure the pin and voicemail pin are two seperate items.

@youbme wrote:

@Good1 wrote:

Does anyone know what the 4 digit pin code is used for?  Also, how do you go about changing it?

@Good1, your four-digit PIN is used for voicemail and verifying account access. You can go to your Self-Serve account, click on "Plan and Add-ons" tab, then "Reset Voicemail Password" and you should be able to establish a new PIN. If that does not work, you can contact the Moderator_Team through a private message to change your PIN.

mimmo

@Good1  the pin is used for account verifcation when requesting help from mods.    to change  it you need to contact the mods via private message with your current pin or account verification items.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

youbme

@Good1 wrote:

Good1

Michael77

Thank you.

Neapolitan

Thanks very much for info on 4.5 GB with 3G phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neapolitan, If you change plans, your loyalty and referral rewards (discounts) will apply to your new plan.  just be aware that if you change plans in the middle of your current cycle, you give up whatever was left on the current cycle.  it might be better to set up the plan change to happen on your next renewal.  Doing this would lock in the price of the new plan (just in case it is promotional plan and is discontinued).

mimmo

@Neapolitan wrote:
  • If I purchase the 4.5 GB for 3G speed at $40.00 will I still receive current discounts I have now.  i.e.  120 day payment plan; loyalty and referral discount?

@Neapolitan  your rewards stay the same but you will be switching from a 90 day plan (not 120) to a 30 day plan.  so the biggest difference you will see are

1) frequency of payments

2) data resets every 30 days vs every 90 days 

edit forgot to mention if you want  this plan it is best  to simply future date it so it takes effect on your next renewal taht way you dont forefit  the time remaining in your current plan.  futuredating locks the new plan in but also allows you to change your mind before your renewal date. 

Neapolitan
  • If I purchase the 4.5 GB for 3G speed at $40.00 will I still receive current discounts I have now.  i.e.  120 day payment plan; loyalty and referral discount?

Orz

I don't have this plan but thanks to this I get a referral, they are happy to get the $10 credit as well. Win-win.

choding

Lte mode.

and use it.

@digyan wrote:

Hello, I just activated this plan and would like to know which of the following mobile network settings I should configure:

Enhanced 4G LTE mode ON/OFF

Preferred Network type: which combination of LTE / TDSCDMA / GSM / WCDMA / CDMA / EvDo

I understand the plan is limited to 3G speeds, I'm just curious if it should be setup to connect to a 4G network or not.

Thanks!

You can set the maximum network speed to LTE.  That would be fine to do.  Public Mobile provides data services on "3g" plans on both 3g and LTE networks.

There may be some advantages to set the fastest network speed as 3g, but that's for rather unofficial reasons.

digyan

Hello, I just activated this plan and would like to know which of the following mobile network settings I should configure:

Enhanced 4G LTE mode ON/OFF

Preferred Network type: which combination of LTE / TDSCDMA / GSM / WCDMA / CDMA / EvDo

I understand the plan is limited to 3G speeds, I'm just curious if it should be setup to connect to a 4G network or not.

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.