cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of October 16, 2018: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective July 18th, 2018 as a competitive response, we are bringing back our 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 plan for a limited time only!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

310 REPLIES 310

bantonen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Brooke,

I currently have 3 numbers in my family on the "4.5 GB at 3G speeds" plan at PM. Yesterday, I got a text message on one of them from PM offering to migrate to Koodo "5GB for $35". I put the order in yesterday to migrate that number. I would like to migrate the other two numbers as well but neither of these numbers have receivied the offer message. The folks at Koodo told me that I need to have someone at PM send the messages to those numbers in order for me to make the switch. Can you help?

Thanks,

Brian.

Zia_219
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to this great plan! I was paying $50 for 6gb of data and I would never get to use all 6gb so this plan is perfect for me. 

JamesN

Just signed up and took advantage of the London Drugs promotion that is going on for another week, can recommend to anyone considering it. They were super helpful and the sim was free with a $25 credit which is already on my account for the next billing cycle. Very painless switch as my number was ported over almost instantly. 

ohitstyler

Just got me and a friend on this plan!

Very good deal, and we even got a $25 activation credit 😄

jace829
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried restarting your device? I had to do that before my data started working. 

choding

good job

nowdays we have a lot of place supported with wife.

you can satisfy your decision soon.

I have same plan as you have. I love it.

Save 5 dollars and not waste money.

good

tazzy_s

Done. for whatever reason, the 45$ plan timed out with activation so i chose the 40 buck 4.5 gb 3g . Good enough and I can always adjust on the fly too

cunninbt

This is exactly the plan that brought me over from TELUS. My contract was done and phone unlocked and for the way I use my phone, 3G is plenty fast enough for me and I don't think I'll come close to the 4.5GB, but the real seller was the unlimited calling, which I didn't get in my TELUS contract. 

Thanks for this plan and making it simple to switch over.

Lewis

Thank you !

Lewis

Thank you!

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zhang1649 wrote:

I just got this plan, but i could not get connect to internet. Any idea or suggestion? I am at Calgary.

Does calling and texting work?

If it's just data not working then this is a somewhat common problem - check your APN:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Good luck! 🙂

zhang1649

I just got this plan, but i could not get connect to internet. Any idea or suggestion? I am at Calgary.

choding

No zone

No limit

just enjoy as much as you want

thanks

@happycamper wrote:

@Lewis wrote:

If some one can verify with me

Are those data national wide data? I am BC based but I will be travelling to Ontario/Quebec next month.

Is the Unlimited Canada-Wide talk meaning calling/answering phone calls on the east side is considered as local phonecall hence no roaming changes?

Please let me know

I believe that is the case....this is a prepaid service...

Thanks

Lewis

You are correct on all fronts.  Here's a knowledge base article that may also be of interest.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

happycamper

@Lewis wrote:

Are those data national wide data? I am BC based but I will be travelling to Ontario/Quebec next month.

Is the Unlimited Canada-Wide talk meaning calling/answering phone calls on the east side is considered as local phonecall hence no roaming changes?

Please let me know

I believe that is the case....this is a prepaid service...

Thanks

Lewis

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lewis

Yes.  There is not extra charge when you call from anywhere within Canada to anywhere inj Canada on Telus Network.  Data is Canada wide too as long as you are getting Telus network signal.  Extended coverage is not included in PM plans.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lewis wrote:

Please let me know

Thanks

Lewis

@Lewis both the data and the minutes are good no matter where you are in the country.  You can call any Canadian phone number you like from anywhere in Canada that you like and talk without worrying about long distance.  [EDIT: forgot to mention: while you are anywhere in Canada, you can receive a call from anywhere in the world just fine as well.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lewis

Please let me know

Thanks

Lewis

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

@NDesai

Thanks for the quick response.  Should have been more precise..  The 4.5G plan that i wanted to renew next month is for me.

In that case, you can login to your self-serve account and schedule/futuredate a plan change by selecting the plan and clicking on the Change on the next renewal button. Be sure to do this while the plan is available. 

jclaydon2018

@NDesai

Thanks for the quick response.  Should have been more precise..  The 4.5G plan that i wanted to renew next month is for me.

The question about london drugs was because I was thinking about referring a friend and this would probably be a good plan for him as well. Plus the london drugs store is within walking distence.  lol

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

So couldn't find this option when i signed up.  If i choose this plan to renew with next month, is it likely to still be available?

Also was wondering if this promo is valid with the london drugs promo that's going on right now *free sim card, $25 credit*

-James

That option is still there as the promo is not yet expired. 

Yes, the promo you want is valid with the in store offer. Instead of London Drugs, you might want to go to Wow mobile as they are offering free sim +  2nd month free. If you go to store, just tell them to activate on that plan so you won't have to change it later. 

jclaydon2018

So couldn't find this option when i signed up.  If i choose this plan to renew with next month, is it likely to still be available?

Also was wondering if this promo is valid with the london drugs promo that's going on right now *free sim card, $25 credit*

-James

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @donnaccock

if you switch you will need to pay every 30 days. There is no 90 day option. 

You will not lose any loyalty or referrals rewards by switching plans. The rewards will look like they have dropped but you get them every 30 days instead of once every 90 days. So in the end it works out to be the same

donnaccock

I am on the 90days 12G plan right now.

This plan is more data (slightly) per month, but also offers me Canada wide talk, which I only have province wide now. BUT what I am wondering is, can I pay evry three months for the 30 day monthly, or will I lose the loyality amount I get now for having a 90 day plan?

What discounts would apply to the 30 day plan?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@Beegs wrote:

Once u use up ur data can u still use a a slower speed. Like chatr after u use up ur data you still get it but at a lesser speed 

No. You would either have to purchase a data add-on, wait until the next cycle or request an early renewal 

Beegs

Once u use up ur data can u still use a a slower speed. Like chatr after u use up ur data you still get it but at a lesser speed 

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Got this offer today and very happy with it so far.  Thanks Public Mobile team!

wybl8181

The full functionality of this program works fine on my 360N6 mobile phone. Of course, I have tried it. Only the other mobile phone models of 360N6, 360 do not know whether it can work normally? Although the system display does not support this phone model when checking the phone in the first step, I have tried it myself and can use it normally. I hope my experience is useful to you!

jace829

That's good to know. I've sent two messages to moderators yesterday and still no response. I thought this was something I'll need to get used to...

@jace829, this response time is not normal.  It's due to the popularity of this and other promos right now, along with a bad bug from a recent update.  Usual response times are within a few hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.