cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40! OR Get 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: These offers will expire on July 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Hey Community,

We have expired our $40 for 4GB at 3G speed plan, and are offering two new promotional plans that are even better! Now, for a limited time only, get 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 or get 5.5 GB at 3G speed for $45!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get one of these Offers:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

If you are currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan or selected to be on that plan on your next renewal date, please note that the data amount will not automatically update. You will need to change your plan to get one of these offers. See FAQ in the below spoiler for more details.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

What happened to the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 4.5 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $40 for 4.5 GB plan, you can do so in self-serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $40 for 4GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. 

What happens if these plans become unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

267 REPLIES 267

Not sure I understood everything about your rewards problems, but here is the way rewards are working (not necessarily how it should be according to TOS or whatever else) according to what I have observed in my account:

1) Rewards are credited to your available funds on the day of your renewal (or, just before during the night, this has been discussed already elsewhere).

2) Before that said night, all rewards displayed in your selfserve are estimates of what would be credited to your account if your renewal was today.

These estimates may change: 

2.1) for example if you disable autopay on the second day of your plan, you won't get the autopay reward on the next renewal. Or, if your friends don't renew their plans, you won't get the refer-a-friend reward on the next renewal.

2.2) Also, all these estimates are based or your next planned plan. If you are on a 90 day plan with no future-dated plan change planned, your estimated autopay reward will show as (for example) $6, your refer-a-friend reward will show as $3/friend referred, and your loyalty reward will show as $3/year of loyalty. Accordingly, if you are on a 30 day plan with no future-dated plan change planned, your estimated autopay reward will show as $2, your refer-a-friend reward will show as $1/friend referred, and your loyalty reward will show as $1/year of loyalty. Finally, if you are on a 90 day plan with a future-dated plan change planned for a 30 day plan, your rewards will be shown for a 30 day plan. In this case, you are not loosing any reward, since this is a prepaid service: your reward for your current 90 day plan were already credited at the beginning of your cycle and were calculated as such. Then on your next renewal, which will be for a 30 day plan, your rewards are calculated and will be credited during the night before renewal on a 30 day plan base calculation. Totally normal and not a problem.

2.3) Finally, community rewards are not affected by the plan you are on or by the plan you will be on. The amount shown in your selfserve in simply increasing once a month, usually somewhere between the 5th and the 10th of the month, if you earned a community reward during the previous calendar month. These rewards are credited as well to your account on your renewal night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, yes, there are wrong informations displayed in your selfserve if you are planning a future-dated plan change from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan (or vice versa). 

First, when you plan a future-dated plan change and click "Change on next renewal date", the confirmation message that shows just after says that the new plan will be charged to your acocunt immediately, which is obviously not true.

Second, on the "My rewards" page, the first line, "Plan cost", is not updated according to the future-dated plan change, whereas the rewards are updated.

To make it simple, for example, if you are on a $120/90 days plan and you plan a future-dated plan change to a $40/30 days plan, and if you only have the autopay reward, here is how it would look before planning the future-dated plan change:

Plan Cost                                                  $120

Autopay Reward                                       $   6

As of today your estimated payment is:  $114

Here is how it should look after planning the future-dated plan change:

Plan Cost                                                  $40

Autopay Reward                                       $  2

As of today your estimated payment is:  $38

Here is how it actually (and wrongly) looks after planning the future-dated plan change:

Plan Cost                                                  $120

Autopay Reward                                       $  2

As of today your estimated payment is:  $118

Even if you actually see $118 as your next estimated payment, this will not happen and you will be charged $38 on your next renewal date.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A problem with the refer-a-friend reward:

If you are on a 90 day plan and your referred friend don't renew their plan, say, when you are 40 days into your cycle, you won't get any reward for them on your renewal date, when in theory you should get $1 reward since they were active for one full month in your cycle.

If you plan a future-dated plan change and your community rewards is then reduced, then this is not normal and moderator help is needed.

Wow, what a long post. Hopefully it makes sense in the end and makes things clearer for someone!

@JL9 wrote:

I just logged into my account to take a look to see if they have taken off the promos since it is Tuesday morning. When I click on change my plan, everything is blank now. You cannot choose any type of plan and I do have a future dated plan heading but that is blank too. I am guessing that a few hours will be needed to get these 2 promos out of their system.

A recent as roughly 20 minutes after the deadline, the $40/4.5GB and $45/5.5GB plans were still available in self-serve.

But yes, now, it doesn't let make any plan changes.  I've seen this type of stuff before as well. It also says that I have no plan on my account and that my next payment is due on July 20th for the amount of $0.  Lol.  Must be some type of nighttime maintenance

@JL9 wrote:

I just logged into my account to take a look to see if they have taken off the promos since it is Tuesday morning. When I click on change my plan, everything is blank now. You cannot choose any type of plan and I do have a future dated plan heading but that is blank too. I am guessing that a few hours will be needed to get these 2 promos out of their system.

This happened to me once in a while, especially at night; I don't think it is related to promos expiring or anything

I would agree with that and that is the logical, common sense conclusion imo.

However, I still haven't received a response from the Mods to confirm. Nor does the contradictions laid out above re: differences in not only rewards but terms as well....leave me with any certainty. So for peace of mind I guess I will wait and see what they say.

@JL9 wrote:

Yes @will13am. Basically the way @stonechucker has laid it out is the root of my question. 

If I stay with my 90 day plan. Right now I have 21 in rewards towards my August 15 re-up date. And if I get any July community rewards. When I click on my rewards it shows my 90 day plan as follows:

Plan cost is 120

My rewards are 21

So estimated cost is 99. This will be even lower if I get any rewards in the next month. 

However, when I future date my change it now says the following 

Plan cost is 120 (even though on August 16 if I'm moving to the new plan it should be 40 I thought)

Then it says rewards is 11 (not 21) because I'm getting only 2 for referrals, 2 for autopay, and 1 for loyalty. Instead of 6,6 and 3. Now I assume that is because since I'll be going from 90 day to 30 day plan. 

BUT now its saying estimated plan cost is 109. So it is wrong on a couple fronts

My estimated cost should reflect the 30 day plan, not the 90 day plan. And my rewards should be fully accounted for and credited. 

Judging by this if I change i am going to lose out on 60 days or 2 cycles worth of autopay, referrals and loyalty. I am just trying to get an answer to clear this up, but haven't heard from Mods since Friday on my follow ups. 

Well you saw my evaluation of the situation a number of pages back.  The only way it makes sense to have referral credits reduced when going from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan is if the rewards are forward looking and based on the upcoming renewal period.  I rationalized that this is just not possible given how rewards are calculated.  So, it follows the rewards should not shrink even though the plan duration is changing from 90 days to 30 days. 

This is the official knowledge base that we really should leverage for answers.  I should have referred to it in my earlier post for validation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Under When are rewards applied to your account?, the second last bullet is clear. 

"Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date."

This single statement totally corroborates what I have been saying along with many others.  Now the final words are always in the legal stuff.  Basically, everything on this site is for information only and is not actionable.  Really the question comes down to whether they wish to follow their conscience and do what the knowledge base says which is the right thing to do or apply the legal loophole.  Last time around, the social license won.  Is everybody feeling lucky again?  I believe when the dust settles, the right thing will be done.  Takind a quote out of George Bush's famous speech, this is a kindler, gentler carrier brand. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Public-Mobile-Community-Terms-of-Servi...

@JL9 wrote:

Then it says rewards is 11 (not 21) because I'm getting only 2 for referrals, 2 for autopay, and 1 for loyalty. Instead of 6,6 and 3. Now I assume that is because since I'll be going from 90 day to 30 day plan. 

BUT now its saying estimated plan cost is 109. So it is wrong on a couple fronts

My estimated cost should reflect the 30 day plan, not the 90 day plan. And my rewards should be fully accounted for and credited. 

I would say that the $2, $2, and $1 is what it should be but only starting  from August 15th onward.

Until then, the $6, $6, and $3 should reamin and those are the rewards that should be appliled to your first billing cycle of your new 30 day plan.  At that point, you will have already earned those rewards based on the 90 day plan.

The rewards section should then change to $2,  $2, $1 only after you've switched to your new 30 day plan.  Those would then be the rewards that are applied against payments in September.

Doing it any other way would be wrong.

Yes @will13am. Basically the way @stonechucker has laid it out is the root of my question. 

If I stay with my 90 day plan. Right now I have 21 in rewards towards my August 15 re-up date. And if I get any July community rewards. When I click on my rewards it shows my 90 day plan as follows:

Plan cost is 120

My rewards are 21

So estimated cost is 99. This will be even lower if I get any rewards in the next month. 

However, when I future date my change it now says the following 

Plan cost is 120 (even though on August 16 if I'm moving to the new plan it should be 40 I thought)

Judging by this if I change i am going to lose out on 60 days or 2 cycles worth of autopay, referrals and loyalty. I am just trying to get an answer to clear this up, but haven't heard from Mods since Friday on my follow ups. 

@computergeek541, yeah, I’m not thrilled with this at all.  If I can ensure I get the $11 missing from the last renewal of my current 90 day plan, and be assured that I get full credit due (The now hiding $10 community reward) plus what ever else happens in the next 60 days, I may not cancel the switch.  Fingers, toes, legs,feet, arms, hands, and nose hairs crossed!

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechuckerI did not talk to u. And i am going to talk to u!!

I am talking to some one he said i am new here

go and find something u can make ur self busy with it rather than bather pepole with ur unhelpful advice!

Cheers!!

Hey @hamaida, we all know how like or bravo buttons work, and accept solution buttons too.  No need to remind us.  It’s kind of annoying.

cheers!

hamaida

@xceloneDon't forget to give like for any comments u like!

Thx

@stonechucker wrote:

As you can see, I’m now missing $11 in rewards.

I've been thinking about a similar change too.  Except, I was considering going to the $45 for 5.5GB, simply because I could say to myself "it's only $45 more" than my Fall Promo 2016 per 30 days.  Too be honest, I was on the fence, and was uncertain as whether to make a plan change.  But seeing the problems you are having with the rewards system and with the promotion ending in little more than an hour, I can now safely say that Public Mobile has now lost out on that extra $5/30 days from me, at least this time around.  I don't need the plan that badly if it's going to cause headache. 

Here is a brief synopsis ...

June 6, I topped up a couple days early as there was weekend maintenance to happen, didn’t want any hiccups for AutoPay.

Hune 10, previous rewards prior to top up listed in my overview applied ($20 total).  Plan renewed with my top up.

Heres a pick of the payment history.

CD276E2A-DC90-4636-B44D-6CE50847FF76.jpeg

Note only $8 for community rewards.  I believe these to be my March and April rewards, and nothing from May.  I generally receive eith $4 or $6 rewards each month in Community awards.

When the May community awards were announced, i saw nothing for community in my self serve, after renewal..  I did however, see sitting in the others, $6 AutoPay, $6 Loyalty, and $3 Friend referral, $15 total.

Within the next few days, I decided to future date $40/4.5GB promo, thinking, I may want it, but I have until September 7 to change my mind.  All good, other than maybe missing community rewards, already have $15 banked with the first of my 2 year loyalty listed, regular 90 day $6 AutoPay, and the 1 Friend $3 referall.

So, I’ve booked the change, and I read @JL9‘s post about his rewards going missing, as They are doing the same plan change.  I check my overview page... other than saying balance due is $120, next payment date is listed correctly Sept 7, New Plan is ready to go, everything looks good to me.

The next day, or day after, JL9 says he’s missing his prior credits. I check mine, they’re changed, and now list a total of $4.   1 for loyality, 2 For AutoPay, and 1 for friend referral.

26046939-4A5A-408A-B47A-C1E0B601423C.jpeg

As you can see, I’m now missing $11 in rewards.

This weekend, June rewards were distributed.  Today is offical announcement.  I’m to have $10 as I reached TOP 5.  It does not appear in my self serve.  The picture above reflects the same as for just after future dating the plan change.  Now missing $21 total rewards at this point.

I submitted PM, mod has responded. Reward was credited to my account on the weekend.  Still doesn’t show in my self serve.

Mod has said to wait until renewal then follow up if still not rewarded.

i have responded this is not okay, and have asked for this all to be dealt with now, so I can either revoke my plan change as is the stance that I believe to share with JL9.  

xcelone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hamaida thank you! I really like this Community concept -- it's better to have real responses from actual users than some agents at a Call Centre.

hamaida

@xceloneWelcome... u will like it 👍

Good luck

hamaida

@xceloneWelcome.. u will like it... 

Good luck 👍

xcelone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up for the 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45, and so far am loving it 🙂

@stonechucker wrote:

I’m going through this right now @JL9.   I have setup the future date, but my self serve is not updating to what rewards I have just received for the community this weekend.

i will keep on this.

If you don't mind sharing, what exactly is happening to your rewards that seems out of place?  Although I have not put in any future dated change, I remain very interested in the outcome because a change may be in the cards next time.  I also asked for clarification but have not received an answer. 

If you cancel plan change, you do indeed keep the plan you are on.  As long as you cancel before the change happens.

my change date is September 7/8.  I will pull the plug on September 1 if I do not get a satisfactory answer before that.

@JL9

I’m going through this right now @JL9.   I have setup the future date, but my self serve is not updating to what rewards I have just received for the community this weekend.

i will keep on this.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I still haven't heard back from the MODs on clarification if going from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan messes up the rewards and you lose out on some.

So my question is if I future date my plan and decide to cancel before my current 90 day 2016 fall promo plan is up (but after the deadline for the 4.5 GB promo) do I lose my 2016 plan. I'm assuming not?

hamaida

"The pessimist looks down and hits his head. The optimist looks up and loses his footing. The realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly. "

hamaida

Thank u Public Mobile... They gave me $25 Walmart gift card when i ported my second phone number plus $10 credit in my firs number and $1 eatch month and $2 for auto pay!!! WOOOW thats nice!! i like it and ported my numbers from freedom within 30 Min.

YOU ARE THE BEST PUBLIC MOBILE!!

@hamaida wrote:

@LudditeAnything could happen.. businesses go up not down after they grow up!! even there is NO call center they still provide a good customer services.

Be optimistic!!

I agree with @Luddite.  We are into the 21st century.  Bricks and mortar establishments are being replaced by online and self serve.  Amazon is stealing business from traditional retail.  People have learned over a generation of time on how to pump their own gas, check their own oil, wash their own windshield.  The difficulties of setting up an APN and inserting a SIM card will be overcome with time.  Read up on Google Duplex AI.  There is no need to take steps backwards in time.  Public Mobile should be the envy of the industry. 

hamaida

@LudditeAnything could happen.. businesses go up not down after they grow up!! even there is NO call center they still provide a good customer services.

Be optimistic!!

@hamaida wrote:

We are looking to see call center in Public Mobile soon to make it more easer for us.

Sorry, not happening. PM is intended to be as it is for support. No plans to change it, otherwise prices would be higher.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hamaida

Happy to hear that problems is solved by PM team. That's mean this company try to provide good customer services to their clients.

I am happy that I ported my 2 numbers to them.

We are looking to see call center in Public Mobile soon to make it more easer for us.

natstonecold
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your advice @stonechucker but I chose to ask for MOD assistance and he changed the new plan for me yesterday. Although there is some minor issues about network but it is solved this morning. 

natstonecold
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @anya ! The MOD is very helpful and did change the new plan for me yesterday, although there is some minor issue until this morning but it is solved now. 

hamaida

@Footun7Any good news?! I hope they solve your problem! I know it's difficult to stay without phone specially if you have business.

Good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.